Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1168. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Live long and prosper!

Activity: 51
Merit: 10
1k! Matrix Reloaded!  Grin Grin
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Stagnation is Death
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Posting for the get! Grin
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
How do you generate a Payment ID with simple wallet?  Or can you?

You can't, afaik, but you can use this website:
https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

Payment id is just a 64 character hex string, so you can just grab what's in the "64 random hexadecimal characters (0-9 and A-F)" field.

Always liked Gibsons work. Does everything in assembler.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Next time someone posts "1000!" we will need some champagne   Wink
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
legendary
I don't know if Aste has anything to do with them. For the sake of his otherwise good (as far as I know) reputation, I hope not.

I guess we're going to find out on the 30th.  Better have the hot air popper loaded and ready for action!

Anybody here attending P2PFISY?  We may have some suggestions for Saberhagen's CryptoNote v2.0 Q&A...   Grin
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

this is what i do:

Code:
openssl rand -hex 32
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Looking forward to finding out if Tomaso Aste is Nicolas van Saberhagen, who just happens to have the same initials as Nick Szabo!

Look, these guys are lying scammers; that is pretty well proven. I have no reason to believe whoever they stick up there to shill is actually the original inventor, and if it is, well that's just one more person identifed as a lying scammer.

Tomaso Aste seems legit, perhaps even a potential Satoshi:

I should have clarified that. Cryptonote are the lying scammers. I don't know if Aste has anything to do with them. For the sake of his otherwise good (as far as I know) reputation, I hope not.

legendary
Looking forward to finding out if Tomaso Aste is Nicolas van Saberhagen, who just happens to have the same initials as Nick Szabo!

Look, these guys are lying scammers; that is pretty well proven. I have no reason to believe whoever they stick up there to shill is actually the original inventor, and if it is, well that's just one more person identifed as a lying scammer.

Tomaso Aste seems legit, perhaps even a potential Satoshi:

http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/tomaso_aste/

Maybe you're the lying scammer?   Shocked

*cue Twilight_Zone.mp3*
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
^^ whats also fun is using text -> hexadecimal converters.

http://www.swingnote.com/tools/texttohex.php
http://www.unit-conversion.info/texttools/hexadecimal/

etc. As long as you start out with something 32 characters, you'll get a 64 hex

496d616c6974746c65746561706f7473686f7274616e6473746f757468657265

Activity: 306
Merit: 251
Thanks for the link . Simple enough.  Does anyone know if the GUI will have a payment ID generator?
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

You can't, afaik, but you can use this website:
https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

Payment id is just a 64 character hex string, so you can just grab what's in the "64 random hexadecimal characters (0-9 and A-F)" field.

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Limited usefulness is still useful.  No need to make perfect the enemy of good enough for critical purposes like decentralized escrow, especially when ideal solutions require research sufficient for a breakthrough (which might require a hard fork to implement).

I agree to a point. Any multisig would require a hard fork at this point, btw.

Minimum mixin of 3 seems far too low.  Would it make the blockchain explode if the minimum was 33 or 99?

Sure it would (transaction size is close to linear with mixin size), but I disagree that a minimum of 3 is far to low. Why do you say that?

And smooth was wrong, there are three Cryptonote coins in the top 100 (XMR, BCN, and XDN).  If you filter the non/pre-mined shitcoins, BBR also makes the cut.

Yes you are right!

Believe it or not, I searched for XDN, but I looked for "ducknote." Doh!

Jump to: