Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1172. (Read 4670643 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Personally, even though I've contributed to the general dev fund and expect to do so again, I'd rather contribute to sub-campaigns aimed at the development of specific features. (No doubt this preference is based on some cognitive illusion, but there it is.)

Mental artifacts or not, I'm hesitant to contribute to the general fund because I disagree with resources being used for non-core missions like Yet Another Forum Software.

OTOH,  a 'Darkfunding' .onion/eepsite would be immediately useful as a platform for further "sub-campaigns aimed at the development of specific features."
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Every day the database merge doesn't reach production, Monero declines in practicality

I pointed out a truth, not a demand

And again I dispute the truth of your claim. Moore's law in memory is outpacing Monero blockchain growth currently. I'd love to have a database working perfectly yesterday, but every day that goes by (given current trends), practicality of the existing solution increases not decreases.

(Given a hypothetical supertrend explosion of Monero usage I acknowledge the memory size limit will be an issue.)

A supertrend explosion of Monero usage could easily occur if the bulls get back control of Bitcoin and trigger the 1 MB blocksize limit. Ironically the current bear market in Bitcoin is giving the Monero project much needed time for the database development. For this reason a bear market in Bitcoin until the database in completed suites me just fine.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Thanks.

Click on the "city map" link on the thread mentioned below.

Can I see what the map looks like?

Is the link public?

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Click on the "city map" link on the thread mentioned below.

Is the link public?

Every day the database merge doesn't reach production, Monero declines in practicality

Just to clarify - how much have you personally donated to cover the hundreds of man-hours that have been spent on the blockchainDB and lmdb implementation? Because hey, buddy, if you're not commensurately paying for it then you don't have permission to demand anything. At all. Ever.

And there *IS* a practical way to donate, it is in CryptoKingdom the Game Smiley

Just tell to donate to Monero House, and every day a sum that you choose, no matter how small or big, is given to the developers!

My donation is 5 XMR/day  Smiley

Is 'CryptoKingdom' somewhat an online game?
Can you describe this way of donation with links of how-to?

CryptoKingdom is online, there is a site in development but right now the gameplay happens in this forum, IRC, and the character database + map is on Google.

Check out the thread here for more info: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crypto-kingdom-1991-retro-virtual-worldcity-819073

And PM me if you want to join the game!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Is the link public?

Just to clarify - how much have you personally donated to cover the hundreds of man-hours that have been spent on the blockchainDB and lmdb implementation? Because hey, buddy, if you're not commensurately paying for it then you don't have permission to demand anything. At all. Ever.

And there *IS* a practical way to donate, it is in CryptoKingdom the Game Smiley

Just tell to donate to Monero House, and every day a sum that you choose, no matter how small or big, is given to the developers!

CryptoKingdom is online, there is a site in development but right now the gameplay happens in this forum, IRC, and the character database + map is on Google.

Check out the thread here for more info: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crypto-kingdom-1991-retro-virtual-worldcity-819073

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
Now that Mike Hearn's Lighthouse crowdfunding app is out, let's figure out how to use it to raise funds for Monero development: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2t1an9/bitcoinpowered_crowdfunding_app_lighthouse_has/

Yes, lets throw more Monero at scammers... Haven't heard anything from Atrides in a while...

He's setup a private group to keep contributors updated. His last activity in there was a couple of days ago.

Although I think pa was referring more to core Monero development rather than peripheral projects:)

Yes I was referring to core Monero development. Personally, even though I've contributed to the general dev fund and expect to do so again, I'd rather contribute to sub-campaigns aimed at the development of specific features. (No doubt this preference is based on some cognitive illusion, but there it is.)
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Now that Mike Hearn's Lighthouse crowdfunding app is out, let's figure out how to use it to raise funds for Monero development: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2t1an9/bitcoinpowered_crowdfunding_app_lighthouse_has/

Yes, lets throw more Monero at scammers... Haven't heard anything from Atrides in a while...

He's setup a private group to keep contributors updated. His last activity in there was a couple of days ago.

Although I think pa was referring more to core Monero development rather than peripheral projects:)
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

we want to start. I will PM a link to created group to all FreeBazaar backers to discuss different aspects.

He's active on the forum - he didn't disappear.  Development takes time (apparently). I don't code so I don't know.

Of course, it might take less time if everyone listened to http://www.psychedelik.com/dark.html

dark psy!!!!
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I've been using mymonero.com and really liking it (thanks devs!) - but today I keep getting "Server Error" when I try to log in.

Is anyone else seeing this?

it works for me
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
Meow
I've been using mymonero.com and really liking it (thanks devs!) - but today I keep getting "Server Error" when I try to log in.

Is anyone else seeing this?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Happy > 400000 Monero block day!  Cool
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
-snip-

Subah is a badly coded spaem bot.
it is too stupid to make post sense
you can't understand it 1. bit.
it is use by scammer.
its grammar BAD.
Subah have subah potato.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Whats the point of such bots? Just for creating members to sell?
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
I took what fluffypony suggested to mean that priorities can be influenced by donations, so if this is meaningful or problematic to him, it might be worth some donation to bump it.
I am not noticing any problematic daily changes in practicality, so I really haven't a clue what has stslimited so flummoxed.

Databases are nifty, but they introduce all sorts of issues that require care.  I'd rather it be right than fast.

Syncing tewinget's database build on win7 atm. It seems like there are some portability issues (copying binaries to other windows comps), but bitmonerod seems to working on my computer here.

If anyone wants to give it a shot, here is link to compiled binaries: https://mega.co.nz/#!GZBFyTBB!Vpd6r-z9PmPzzymitHmQe9F7zYk1tNi_lF4PFQbFPGI

Downloaded to my Win 8.1 comp, extracted the files.
I started by trying to run blockchain_conveter.exe but it crashes. Cry

Any help? What arguments for the blockchain_conveter.exe?

I placed it in the folder with the blockchain.bin, ran a command prompt as Administrator, tried it in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode, fed it arguments, ... nothing works.
It just crashes.

Someone else tried to launch bitmonerod, and it immediately crashed as well, and I think they tried on two different computers. So there seems to be an issue with portability from one windows computer (version or processor) to another...
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
when i ran the bitmonero batch file then bitmonerod and simplewallet.exe will open then after i put my password in simplewallet it says
"you had been using a deprecated version of the wallet please procceed to upgrade your wallet"
after i choose languageput 0 and hit enter simplewallet closed

There's a bug in v0.8.8.6 that doesn't let you import (upgrade) deprecated wallets. You can upgrade your wallet using v0.8.8.4 or you can wait for next release. I actually successfully built the master branch last night for win7, in which it should be fixed. Let me know if you'd like me to upload the binaries.
Jump to: