Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1170. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 257
Cross-posted from: https://xmrmonero.com/article/en/monero-torrent

We are proud to announce the release of a torrent of Monero 0.8.8.6 for Windows.  This gives you a one-step download with everything you need to run a node and GUI wallet on Windows. This torrent includes the blockchain, lightwallet.exe and simplewallet.exe. The complete torrents weights 2.4 Gb.

To download, open your favorite torrent application and enter the following magnet link (double click to select it all):

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2F68E7CC7FB7AC264758DE3BBA3108AA87F07C99&dn=bitmonerod.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce

Remember to keep seeding after you downloaded, to make the download faster for the ones who come after you.

Below are md5 and virus scans
  • md5sum bitmonerod.zip: a8f6baf1ae8ac9ad8970f79c0430165d
  • md5sum bitmonerod.exe: a8f6baf1ae8ac9ad8970f79c0430165d
  • md5sum lightWallet.exe: 6e9aa82cd7388aaf5e408d4a8adb883e
  • md5sum simplewallet.exe: d65a3970a03eb2f6f8f2e3e480c42b8e
The executables have been scanned with virustotal. lighWallet.exe has three positives (probably false), the others have none.
updated by David Latapie
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
how do you send to more than one address in a single transaction?

transfer mixin address1 amount1 address2 amount2...paymentid
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
how do you send to more than one address in a single transaction?
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

If Bytecoin has Multisig then why can't Monero add that code?

It only has Multisig for mixin 0. This limits its usefulness.

Ahh, IC. So Is the Monero team using that code as a base or starting from scratch?

The code isn't the issue with this, multisig isn't very complex from a code perspective. The issue is figuring out how to implement multisig in a way that neither conflicts with the signatures in ring signatures nor leaks user information. It's on the MRL table, but frankly I don't see us even starting with the academic side of it for a few months. There are flaws and bugs we have to fix first:)

Thanks for the clarification Fluffy. Smiley

I really hate that I can't code anymore and would love to be working on this. Sad
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

Ahh, IC. So Is the Monero team using that code as a base or starting from scratch?

The code isn't the issue with this, multisig isn't very complex from a code perspective. The issue is figuring out how to implement multisig in a way that neither conflicts with the signatures in ring signatures nor leaks user information. It's on the MRL table, but frankly I don't see us even starting with the academic side of it for a few months. There are flaws and bugs we have to fix first:)
legendary
Activity: 1260
gotcha. I guess I don't understand fully then... I remember some time ago up in this thread there was a thing about mixing levels, and how if people use 1 then it sort of increases traceability....

If everyone uses 0 mixin and you use mixin 3 for your transaction, your ring siganture will only have 4 UTXO. LE will only have to knock on four doors.

OTOH, if everyone uses mixin = 3. You'll have 4 tx that we're themselves included in a previous ring with other tx from other rings, etc.

Maybe you should just have a look at:
https://cryptonote.org/inside/

I'm still trying to wrap my head around it too, so it seems I cannot explain it simply (yet).

yeah, i've read (stared at) those pages many a times..... still workin on it.
legendary

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

gotcha. I guess I don't understand fully then... I remember some time ago up in this thread there was a thing about mixing levels, and how if people use 1 then it sort of increases traceability....

If everyone uses 0 mixin and you use mixin 3 for your transaction, your ring siganture will only have 4 UTXO. LE will only have to knock on four doors.

OTOH, if everyone uses mixin = 3. You'll have 4 tx that we're themselves included in a previous ring with other tx from other rings, etc.

Maybe you should just have a look at:
https://cryptonote.org/inside/

I'm still trying to wrap my head around it too, so it seems I cannot explain it simply (yet).
legendary
https://cryptonote.org/news/2015/1/23/nicolas-van-saberhagen-to-take-a-stand-at-p2p-financial-systems-workshop

https://www.ecurex.com/p2pfisy/#programme

11.50 – 12.20
Paper: CryptoNote v 2.0
Author:    Nicolas van Saberhagen – CryptoNote
Discussant: Tomaso Aste – University College London

shit just got real  Cool

Funny, that got me thinking of Fred Saberhagen. About to read PAA-PYX now.
http://www.baenebooks.com/chapters/1439132690/1439132690___1.htm

Also led me to this.

Bytecoin (BCN)

Bytecoin[27] is the first implementation of CryptoNote protocol. It should not be confused with Bytecoin (BTE) a now defunct 1:1 clone of Bitcoin. After being launched in July 2012 Bytecoin had a number of improvements including multisignature transactions[28] and several security updates.[29]

legendary
We're trying to get a community wide minimum mixin level of 3, correct?

I think the community should start petitioning the major exchanges to modify their withdrawal function.

Nice suggestion.

To have to go through an intermediary mymonero wallet is... ridiculous.

AFAIK you don't have to use an intermediary wallet. I think that if you just have to resend them to yourself. Which is kind of ridiculous anyway but its a little simpler.

well, if you do that, whats the point?

exchange --- (low mix) ---> your address ---- (high mix) ----> your same address...

there's already an easily traceable link to your primary address. All you've done is given tx fees to miners. Which is great for miners.

Actually, even without ring signatures cryptonote coins are unlikable because a unique non reusable address is created for the transaction. That hides your incoming transactions.

Ring sigs serve the purpose of hiding your outgoing transactions, because no one can be certain of which output was really spent.

So...

exchange --> no mix --> non reusable stealth address

// unlikable

many addresses --> many UTXO's --> some non reusable stealth address

At least this is my understanding.
Activity: 574
Does anyone know if there are any other cryptonote currencies ahead of or near monero in capitalization?

Bytecoin, Lol

It sits just above monero

Yea other than that one.

Well if there IS a von Saberhagen and he actually talks as is scheduled, and assuming he is a gigantic bytecoin holder...   ...   ...

There are some interesting speculative topics within this line of thought.

Some dev got to go to that conference.

Once and for all we have to know if cryptonote lies about bytecoin.
legendary
Does anyone know if there are any other cryptonote currencies ahead of or near monero in capitalization?

u don't trust

http://coinmarketcap.com/

?
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Bytecoin, Lol

Yea other than that one.

Well if there IS a von Saberhagen and he actually talks as is scheduled, and assuming he is a gigantic bytecoin holder...   ...   ...

There are some interesting speculative topics within this line of thought.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

Bytecoin, Lol

Yea other than that one.
Activity: 994

Bytecoin, Lol

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
legendary
We're trying to get a community wide minimum mixin level of 3, correct?

I think the community should start petitioning the major exchanges to modify their withdrawal function.

Nice suggestion.

To have to go through an intermediary mymonero wallet is... ridiculous.

AFAIK you don't have to use an intermediary wallet. I think that if you just have to resend them to yourself. Which is kind of ridiculous anyway but its a little simpler.

well, if you do that, whats the point?

exchange --- (low mix) ---> your address ---- (high mix) ----> your same address...

there's already an easily traceable link to your primary address. All you've done is given tx fees to miners. Which is great for miners.
Jump to: