Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 12. (Read 4667348 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127
Whimsical Pants
Is Monero under some heavy attack or what?
One pool had over 50% of hashrate and this is very centralized and dangerous.
If you are mining monero switch to some other pool asap!

MineXMR hashrate drops from 50% to 38% after Monero community decentralization efforts

https://www.monero.observer/minexmr-top-monero-pool-hashrate-drops-from-50-to-38-percent/

Yes! I saw that earlier today.  Kind of inspiring, really.  The community is stronger than so many other projects.

There are currently 11709 Monero public nodes.  That is effing amazing.  There are only 15k BTC ones (Of course both of these numbers do not tell the WHOLE story).
BTC :15k
XMR: 11.7k
BCH 1k
BSV 36 (lol)
LTC 1330
DOGE 1450
ZCASH 285

Monero is so much more important than most realize. 
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

MineXMR hashrate drops from 50% to 38% after Monero community decentralization efforts

https://www.monero.observer/minexmr-top-monero-pool-hashrate-drops-from-50-to-38-percent/
legendary
Mining 32 cores on p2pool...  good stuff.  Join it.  We need more hashrate!

I'm too lazy, been throwing my spare cycles to solo for a year in the gui even though I'm getting about a third what xmrig would give me.

As soon as its in the gui i'll do it. 

I got sick and tired of dealing with baby sitting mining rigs at least 5 years ago.
legendary
Whimsical Pants
Mining 32 cores on p2pool...  good stuff.  Join it.  We need more hashrate!
Activity: 434
Merit: 124
Activity: 868
Merit: 584
A private investigator who does missing persons searches and accepts Monero posted here, or somewhere, offering his services.  Anybody has a link?

I saw that in a reddit post.
I assume it was on reddit.com/r/Monero, but I can't find it.
legendary
A private investigator who does missing persons searches and accepts Monero posted here, or somewhere, offering his services.  Anybody has a link?

I saw that in a reddit post.
Activity: 868
Merit: 584
legendary
https://mobile.twitter.com/hyc_symas/status/1492236843584212993

Pretty good critical analysis of blockchain tech. Monero solves many (but not all) of the problems discussed. It gets a brief mention, but clearly David hasn't taken a close look.
Activity: 247
Merit: 1
Just in case any of you here expect a refund from Altilly. If you don't have all their deposit confirmation emails, they give you nothing. That's a scam.

Altilly Exchange FAKE Refunds, Possible Exit Scam
Activity: 124
Merit: 117
THE MONERO MOON (ISSUE 30) IS OUT NOW! Grab a coffee or a beer and kick back for a read. Like, share, and spread the word of Monero as it continues to grow and offer unmatched financial privacy.

https://medium.com/themoneromoon/the-monero-moon-issue-30-65b44cbe718e
legendary
In this Bitcoin Q&A, Andreas M. Antonopoulos talks about how privacy is a human right and is the fountainhead for all other human rights. Without financial privacy, we don’t have human rights.

https://odysee.com/@aantonop:8/privacy-is-a-human-right-bitcoin-q-a:4
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
legendary
Cross posted.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/slvy2a/making_atomic_swaps_accessible_to_all/

A friendly user interface for Atomic Swaps has been requested by the community for a long time, and we are proud to announce that the first alpha version of our GUI is now finally out. It allows anyone to perform an atomic swap, withdraw funds from the internal wallet, compare swap providers, and view their past swap history - all without having to use the terminal. For now, though, it's limited to testnet until enough people have tried it and we deem it safe enough to use on mainnet. It's still a work in progress and there are many things we still need to work on, but in our opinion it's already a big improvement in terms of usability over the command line tool, which is currently the only option if you want to try Atomic Swaps.

Visit this page to download the alpha version of the GUI and perform an Atomic Swap on testnet. Please leave us feedback here once you have tried it, it is truly helpful to us.

Stay tuned - we hope to shoot out a new version that will be on mainnet in the upcoming weeks. If you have questions feel free to hit us up in the unstoppableswap or COMIT-monero room on Matrix.
legendary
legendary
Whimsical Pants
feather gui similar electrum, but need block remainig.
electrum client - server model.

Yes.  But you can run a node locally or even connect to another node you run elsewhere.  So it does not HAVE to be .  And no you cannot have any of my 3 million XMR. Tongue

*edit* Do you mean you are always behind one block?  I have seen this discussed.  Perhaps search reddit?  And you already created a second copy of the wallet and re-synced from scratch, right?
Activity: 292
Merit: 251
maybe official wallet contain error
often remote node synchronization instant
will bug fix?
legendary
Has anyone tried ChangeNOW  Wallet?

says USD/XMR.

ChangeNOW platform allows users to buy/sell crypto using bank accounts and Visa/MasterCard. This feature also applies to the NOW Wallet – fiat-to-crypto operations are now just a click away.

https://walletnow.app/#swaps
Activity: 292
Merit: 251
feather gui similar electrum, but need block remainig.
electrum client - server model.
legendary
Whimsical Pants
I recently installed my very fav FOSS OS (with the nvidia drivers) Arch Linux on a little external drive.  So I can boot that OS up on the little USB3 drive and enjoy life.

I decided I had room on this 1T drive to run a Monero node, so YEAH!  Why not?

Well I ended up seeing this:

Wow.. how spoiled we are by SSDs.  So, I actually went to the trouble of moving this to a smaller but blazing fast 500G external SSD drive (it's an M.2 in a little case... )  And the monero chain will take up more % of the drive but, yeah... it's worth it.

I was just ~6700 blocks behind, and it was estimating hours.  On the little SSD external? Looks like it will take 15m (I have about 5m left.

So anyway... just another reminder that indeed, Monero really really want's to be on an SSD for practical purposes.  I would not want to wait hours every time I want to run my node after it going stale for a week or two...

One more question:

Why does "Feather" not get more love?  I just installed the Monero CLI, and will run the node and Feather as my GUI.  I truly appreciate the work that went into the official client, but Feather is just an almost perfect wallet... Even works with the Ledger!
Pages:
Jump to: