Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1210. (Read 4670643 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
To the moon Gentlemen! Merry Christmas to all of you and your beloved.

(Off to the stuffed turkey) Wink
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Merry XMR Grin

Thanks. Merry XMR, to the moon and beyond !
 Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
If others haven't seen it, the August fireside chat has a preview of the GUI. Timelinked for your convenience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlTDS3iCqRY&#t=9m30s

It looks very well-thought-out and feature-rich.

Thank you, devs. This project is pure quality.

After seeing that presentation, I bought my first Monero.  Cheesy

Welcome to Monero! Don't let your XMR sit on an exchange. Check out www.mymonero.com if  you need a webwallet.

LOL--I saw it back in August.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
mymonero is good online web wallet. because in windows side, ppl will need more than 5GB of memory to run bitmonero well I think. so simply using mymonero.com is a good choice.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
A grouped reply/addition to posts these last two days:

liteon, you can already test drive the DB.

resya, assuming you are not here for trolling, you shall read bit.ly/why-monero. A dense compilation of reason to get interested into Monero

aerbax, let me congratulate you for your website. Could you promote it more by announcing new pages you create and randomly posting about a page needing more content? Let's emulation work! Also, there is a wikia wikia on Monero and I'm concerned over duplication of effort (although the wikia on monero is mostly for dev purposes). I'd say the definitive factor is that your is running a pure MediaWikia so your data cannot be seized like the ones at wikia.com.

For people willing to get more information about the wallets
MyMonero.com

Official GUI wallets (official and unofficial)
Where is the GUI wallet ?
Why is Monero not user friendly like most other cryptocurrencies? Why is there no official GUI wallet?

I also updated Do I have to run a full node to keep a personal/offline wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Just discovered that MyMonero.com fully supports OpenAlias! Nice one.

Activity: 798
21 million. I want them all.
Is mymonero.com broken? I made a new account to test, and I can't login with the just generated private key. "No account found!"

Just created a new wallet and it is working for me. Although I did have that same problem last week.

Hm.

Do you use mymonero to keep a good amount of coin? I can't find a user friendly, and secure way to store monero. Something like electrum for BTC.

I use mymonero to keep a "good" amount of coin. It's probably the most intuitive UI I've used in my life (no kidding).

Just copy the private key along and put it in an encrypted file and on encrypted paper wallets.  If mymonero  oes down, you can import your private key into the regular client.
I don't think the seed phrase is compatible right now.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
Is mymonero.com broken? I made a new account to test, and I can't login with the just generated private key. "No account found!"

Just created a new wallet and it is working for me. Although I did have that same problem last week.

Hm.

Do you use mymonero to keep a good amount of coin? I can't find a user friendly, and secure way to store monero. Something like electrum for BTC.

I use mymonero to keep a "good" amount of coin. It's probably the most intuitive UI I've used in my life (no kidding).
Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Hm.

MyMonero is currently the most user friendly way. There is an official GUI wallet underway, but work is prioritized towards core issues with the database and other dev things.

As long as you keep your seed words safe and your computer free of key loggers I think you can be confident storing your XMR using MyMonero. All the wallet generation is done in your browser, they don't know your private key.

If you want to try it out just start an account there and PM me your address Cheesy

PM'd
legendary

Hm.

MyMonero is currently the most user friendly way. There is an official GUI wallet underway, but work is prioritized towards core issues with the database and other dev things.

As long as you keep your seed words safe and your computer free of key loggers I think you can be confident storing your XMR using MyMonero. All the wallet generation is done in your browser, they don't know your private key.

If you want to try it out just start an account there and PM me your address Cheesy
Activity: 798
21 million. I want them all.
If others haven't seen it, the August fireside chat has a preview of the GUI. Timelinked for your convenience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlTDS3iCqRY&#t=9m30s

Welcome to Monero! Don't let your XMR sit on an exchange. Check out www.mymonero.com if  you need a webwallet.

Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Whoever is in charge of forkguard should consider filling some information on Monerobase (this is not an official wiki and this statement is personal, not an endorsement by the core team)
https://monerobase.com/ForkGuard

If anyone wants to fill in that ForkGuard page, but would rather not create a wiki account, just send me some text here in a PM and I'll get it added.  The ForkGuard website is a little light in the info dept.

Hm.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

All the smart XMR guy sold a looong time ago... just people trying to make up their loses are left.. its almost as bad as BTC but BTC offers something while XMR is just copy paste coin

You might want to educate yourself about the fact that Monero is one of the few coins that is entirely not a copy-paste of Bitcoin. It's an entirely new and separate implementation (which is not always a good thing).

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

All the smart XMR guy sold a looong time ago... just people trying to make up their loses are left.. its almost as bad as BTC but BTC offers something while XMR is just copy paste coin
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Hi,please help me,I send 661.36XMR coin to Poloniex, but now is not Receive。I Send a message to you, alone now no reply。I might have forgotten to send payment iD. Now how to do  Angry

Jump in the trollbox, they will hook you up pronto!
Jump to: