Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1206. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
XMR price is rising a lot over night,what's happend?  Huh
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Untraceable Crypto poll:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/untraceable-cryptocurrency-poll-898563

Plz Vote for Monero at the poll linked to above, if you have yet to do so.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
On Linux I'm getting:
Can't load blockchain storage from file, generating genesis block.
When starting the daemon, and it never seems to finish or use any resources.
I deleted everything but my wallet and keys from the folder I keep the daemon and wallet in, nothing in .bitmonero

If there is nothing in .bitmonero then you don't have a local blockchain (blockchain.bin), and you also don't have a list of peer nodes (p2pstate.bin).

Something seems to be wrong with the build in seeds, so you need to specify a seed node on the command line. You'll only need to do this once, then you will have a p2pstate.bin file that will get you connected.

Try

bitmonerod --seed-node 182.92.104.160:18080
or
bitmonerod --seed-node 74.192.120.8:18080

These are not official seed nodes, just currently active nodes that appear stable.

Activity: 979
Merit: 510
On Linux I'm getting:
Can't load blockchain storage from file, generating genesis block.
When starting the daemon, and it never seems to finish or use any resources.
I deleted everything but my wallet and keys from the folder I keep the daemon and wallet in, nothing in .bitmonero
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
The price @poloniex went bananas! Green dildos everywhere! Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
21 million. I want them all.
You can move them easily. just in your case in more then 1 transaction.
If you just keep them in your wallet for 2 years, price will increase that much that you will not even think of moving all in one go.  Grin

My aim is not to dump. Actually, my aim is to help create real liquidity for XMR. As you may have noticed, you can't buy or sell more than a few BTC worth of XMR without moving the price 10%. I plan to change that by putting up more bids and asks closer to the spot price. That's why I need to move my coins.

EDIT: I have cooled down now. Poloniex can have another chance.
legendary
sent to me in 97 transactions.

Okay, that's a new one.
If you just keep them in your wallet for 2 years, price will increase that much that you will not even think of moving all in one go.  Grin

I can't even move 15% in one go. That's how mucked up it is.

That is strange. Did you do a bunch of separate polo withdraws or just one?

One withdrawal got sent to me in 97 transactions. Tristan D'Agosta handled it himself. Thanks, bud.
legendary
If you just keep them in your wallet for 2 years, price will increase that much that you will not even think of moving all in one go.  Grin

That is strange. Did you do a bunch of separate polo withdraws or just one?
If you just keep them in your wallet for 2 years, price will increase that much that you will not even think of moving all in one go.  Grin

legendary
Poloniex used to have some issues with withdraws failing, large ones in particular. This was probably due to many smaller deposits causing large number of inputs for these transactions. They would be too big and fail. Instead of combining small inputs themselves (and thus take the fee hit) it seems they have changed their approach to simply send small inputs directly to the customers withdraw address. This way they are moving the burden of small transactions on to their customers and avoid failed withdraws (or having to pay high fees to combine inputs).

Yes, that is exactly what's happened. Poloniex also didn't bother using mixin 1 (they used 0) and made me wait about 24 hours before processing my  XMR withdrawal. I also had to wait several hours for my second withdrawal. I'm not so happy with Poloniex's service. Now I've got a mess on my hands. Tons of ~30 XMR inputs and now I can't move them easily.

Poloniex has always used mix 0. The workaround I have used to make it untraceable is to withdraw to one wallet (I call it from-poloniex), then I send that on to another wallet (with a higher mix).

This will also allow you consolidate the output amounts. As TheKoziTwo explained, you will incur some fees doing this, but it is mostly the same fees you would have incurred spending the small outputs later (unless you did only tiny spends). Once consolidated, spending will become very inexpensive (sometimes 0.01 even with mixing).

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Poloniex used to have some issues with withdraws failing, large ones in particular. This was probably due to many smaller deposits causing large number of inputs for these transactions. They would be too big and fail. Instead of combining small inputs themselves (and thus take the fee hit) it seems they have changed their approach to simply send small inputs directly to the customers withdraw address. This way they are moving the burden of small transactions on to their customers and avoid failed withdraws (or having to pay high fees to combine inputs).

Yes, that is exactly what's happened. Poloniex also didn't bother using mixin 1 (they used 0) and made me wait about 24 hours before processing my  XMR withdrawal. I also had to wait several hours for my second withdrawal. I'm not so happy with Poloniex's service. Now I've got a mess on my hands. Tons of ~30 XMR inputs and now I can't move them easily.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Jehst, try sending again but with a lower mixin count.

I tried the minimum mixin on mymonero (1). I may have to send it from the client to do mixin 0
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Jehst, try sending again but with a lower mixin count.

I'm trying to send some xmr from mymonero. I'm getting the message "Too many amounts"

What does this mean  Huh

Is there some limit to how much I can send at one time?
There is no limit, however if you have a lot of inputs you can't send a big amount. Just like with mining directly to your monero wallet, if you receive many dust transactions to your wallet you may only be able to send a small amount like 1.3 XMR. I noticed this problem after making a withdraw from poloniex to mymonero, when trying to send I got the same issue. When I looked at my transactions there were many instead of just 1.

You can avoid this issue by making one large transfer to your wallet instead of many small ones. Perhaps you can make a new mymonero wallet and make as big transfer as possible to it, then send it back to your wallet in one transaction.

Yes, I also withdrew from poloniex. But the withdrawal amount was sent to me in many small pieces. I don't like this at all.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
I'm trying to send some xmr from mymonero. I'm getting the message "Too many amounts"

What does this mean  Huh

There is no limit, however if you have a lot of inputs you can't send a big amount. Just like with mining directly to your monero wallet, if you receive many dust transactions to your wallet you may only be able to send a small amount like 1.3 XMR. I noticed this problem after making a withdraw from poloniex to mymonero, when trying to send I got the same issue. When I looked at my transactions there were many instead of just 1.

You can avoid this issue by making one large transfer to your wallet instead of many small ones. Perhaps you can make a new mymonero wallet and make as big transfer as possible to it, then send it back to your wallet in one transaction.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I like of the present price activity doesn't pollute the thread. Nice (won't last, trollers will trolls).

jehst: none that I know of

What does this mean  Huh

Jump to: