Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1255. (Read 4670643 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Price has been going down for months, even last weeks good news only caused a minor spike. Someone probably getting bored.
Why worry? Fundamentals didn't change in the last weeks. Monero improved on all other important Crypto-Coin key aspects, such as developer activity, community development, liquidity and public interest.
Only the price/market cap didn't improved.

This is a very good result, towards a successful future.
(A coin gains nothing from price rallyes or Pumping of market cap.)

exactly

we've just encountered a few whales

As always, most people don't see anything special, but the ones who do, dominate the discussion.

I think price is low, but if it goes too low, I buy more.

If it is low, and I don't want to buy more, I do something else instead of hanging in the trollbox.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Big thanks for this excellent FAQ and CryptoKingdom summary. You have fully answered my questions :-) and I believe the answers give a very good impression on the game.

Eventually, the survey even made me interested in trying out the game --- probably around Xmas ...
Glad it helped. I will post it then. Soon.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
Price has been going down for months, even last weeks good news only caused a minor spike. Someone probably getting bored.
Why worry? Fundamentals didn't change in the last weeks. Monero improved on all other important Crypto-Coin key aspects, such as developer activity, community development, liquidity and public interest.

exactly

we've just encountered a few whales
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Im not worrying personally, as opposed to 80% of the investors Im not in the red with XMR. Its always been a long term coin for me but there are many who are cutting losses etc. The wall at 0.0015 was one guys and he said he took it down today. Anyway price talk should be in the speculation thread.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 252
someone is dumping hard on Polo...

It's smart to exit before the oblivion. Cutting losses  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Activity: 300
Activity: 198
Given that I'm no expert in Monero, I'm not qualified to update its Wikipedia entry:

Wikipedia on CryptoNote

Anyone?
Activity: 198
I am similarly confused about crypto kingdom.
Duly noted, I'll try to setup a FAQ but I'd like it to be filled with actual questions, not questions I make up. Care to start with questions?

Some 101 questions:

1. What is CryptoKingdom? Is there any relation to some ancient game?
2. What's the user-interface?
3. What's the content of the game?
4. How do I play the game? It's a multiplayer game, right?
5. How are Moneroj and gameplay linked? Can I play the game without (having) XMR?
6. Who is behind the game? Company? Group of players? Investor(s)?
7. What's the license of the game?
8. Why should I be interested in playing this particular game?
9. Is there some website (or so) set up for the game?
10. What's the overall goal? Will the game be updated over time? Can I win something?
11. Why the name 'CryptoKingdom'?
12. Are there any score lists online? Can achievements or missions or equipment be shared/traded/lost/damaged/renewed during the game?
13. Is it necessary to continuously play the game? Can I save and load?
14. How much does it cost? Any costs involved?

Please provide some feedbacks. Then I will post it on Codex Cryptonica

Crytpo Kingdom FAQ

1. - 14.

Big thanks for this excellent FAQ and CryptoKingdom summary. You have fully answered my questions :-) and I believe the answers give a very good impression on the game.

Eventually, the survey even made me interested in trying out the game --- probably around Xmas ...
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Is there a working block explorer somewhere still? The one with the highest block height I found is http://chainradar.com/xmr/blocks but 325679 is still a lot lower than the 327845 my client is telling me.

There's also https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/blocks , but strangely enough they both are stuck at the exact same block, which to my eyes would indicate that the same people are behind both of them, or at least are related.

It has been clear for some time they are two views onto the same back end. Downtime is almost always if not always synchronized between the two sites and on occasion there have been some data glitches that showed up on both as well.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
And monerochain is displaying what exactly? Old BTC blocks and recent transactions?  Huh

That site is run by a domain squatter, has nothing to do with the previous monerochain.info site, and has never had a working explorer on it. I have no idea why the squatter thinks that putting some old bitcoin blocks info on there a good idea.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
https://monerohash.com
Thanks for that info. I have one more question:
The pool found a few blocks but weren't distributing the coins (obviously since I had the settings incorrect). I manually dispersed the coins. Now when the correct settings are in place I get an error that it's trying to send the original amount pending balance, however that amount is no longer there. Any insight? I've tried restarting the server but it doesn't help.

Well... in that case you will need to fiddle with the data in the redis DB and set those pending balances as already paid, otherwise the pool will pay them as soon as it has some coins.
BEWARE!!  I'm using chrome and I get a warning from that link and it doesn't want to connect me to that site.

Yes, that's because the SSL certificate for that domain is invalid, it expired on October 9th.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
And monerochain is displaying what exactly? Old BTC blocks and recent transactions?  Huh

Hmm... that's kind of messed up. The original site was monerochain.info, but it's been down for quite a while now.

BEWARE!!  I'm using chrome and I get a warning from that link and it doesn't want to connect me to that site.

Hmm... that's kind of messed up. The original site was monerochain.info, but it's been down for quite a while now.
Activity: 649
Merit: 500
Is there a working block explorer somewhere still? The one with the highest block height I found is http://chainradar.com/xmr/blocks but 325679 is still a lot lower than the 327845 my client is telling me.

There's also https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/blocks , but strangely enough they both are stuck at the exact same block, which to my eyes would indicate that the same people are behind both of them, or at least are related.

Jump to: