Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1279. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

Also, it wasn't a 300 BTC dump; 300 BTC were traded on Polo, and only some of that could be called dumping.

yeah, about 200 BTC can be called dumping.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Looks like a whale decided to swim off...
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Mega DUMP  Grin

Why does this make you happy?

because again I bought a cheap coins   Wink

I think someone has transferred the coins from the left pocket to the right pocket

someone wants to cause panic .... it is clear that nobody will sell at that price

"What do I do! What do I do! The sky is fallin'
straight through, the floor, now I'm movin"
got my hands in air wavin', I just don't care!"
The price is droppin' like the rhymes I'm poppin'
but I won't dare sell, why I'm buyin? Cuz here
where I got a clue, buy on rumor sell news.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
price going falling down -_-

Is someone dumping?
almost 300 BTC dump in last 12 hours

Same whale? Or different people?

With an anonymous coin, it's pretty much impossible to tell.

Also, it wasn't a 300 BTC dump; 300 BTC were traded on Polo, and only some of that could be called dumping.
Activity: 649
we now have a lower price and miners refuse, botnet is full force + mega computers = centralized coin

we need GUI wallet ... to allow more people to contact monero and started to buy

We also need a little bit less despair and BS.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
we now have a lower price and miners refuse, botnet is full force + mega computers = centralized coin

we need GUI wallet ... to allow more people to contact monero and started to buy

Activity: 159
Why the diff is so high even the price is so low Sad We should do monero mining botnet resist Sad
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
why is the blockchain download 60+ days behind? it says its always up to date, but ive been syncing for the last 6 hours

Check your 'diff' command in the daemon window. If it shows the correct height (308,487 as I write this but you can check yourself on chainradar) then your download is not 60 days behind. The message you get indicates that a peer is behind, probably stuck on the wrong fork after the attack in September. Safe to ignore.

Blockchain only update on linux , if you are using windows, you will need to sync and it will take some hours.
Activity: 348
Merit: 10
Mega DUMP  Grin

I think someone has transferred the coins from the left pocket to the right pocket

someone wants to cause panic .... it is clear that nobody will sell at that price
Long term fall already.
I noticed that, when BTC price goes UP, Monero value going down.
And for how long? Who knows. It's already just a long time.
I remember better times, like - example: 100 XMR = 0.4BTC
That was a good price. I know there was even better, but that one was realistic for me.
This one as now is makes me to stop minning it and sell at whatever price.

I stoped mining too. dumped last xmrs. Hope whales and botnets choak on it

Too bad thou, really believed in xmr and support it with mining, even at loss. NO MORE!
Activity: 543
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
Activity: 196
It's Never End
price going falling down -_-
Activity: 798
It really is a shame whats happening to this coin, so much potential but lack of progress and an insane amount of inflation ultimately spell more dark days ahead... Hopefully something can turn it around.
Activity: 308
Merit: 109
legendary
Activity: 1092
I'm a Firestarter!
Mega DUMP  Grin

Long term fall already.
I noticed that, when BTC price goes UP, Monero value going down.
And for how long? Who knows. It's already just a long time.
I remember better times, like - example: 100 XMR = 0.4BTC
That was a good price. I know there was even better, but that one was realistic for me.
This one as now is makes me to stop minning it and sell at whatever price.
It's Never End
all you need is the 24 word seed to restore the wallet. write down the 24 words on a piece of paper, thats your paper wallet. once you wrote down the 24 words you can delete everything.
i would first try it several times before you really do it with actual money. Grin

in simplewallet, type "seed" to see the words needed to restore your wallet. write them down.
in simplewallet, type "address" to see your adress.

make sure the seed you write down really belongs to the adress you send money to. maybe you try it with 1 xmr (i send it to you if you give me your adress)

to restore all your data from seed, start simplewallet with parameter --restore-deterministic-wallet.

i hope it helps, you can always pm me if you need more help.

also check this guide from fluffypony: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8246348. he explains ho to do cold wallet that has never been conected to the internet.

i would really recomend you to try working with the 24 word seed, it is one of my favourite functions in Monero but takes some time to get used to.

Thanks medusa13.

I am using linux. When compiling simplewallet from source, I was protested about missing libunbound package.

When I tried sudo apt-get install libunbound
I got message package libunbound not found

What should I do?

Try

sudo apt-get install libunbound-dev
Activity: 308
Merit: 109
all you need is the 24 word seed to restore the wallet. write down the 24 words on a piece of paper, thats your paper wallet. once you wrote down the 24 words you can delete everything.
i would first try it several times before you really do it with actual money. Grin

in simplewallet, type "seed" to see the words needed to restore your wallet. write them down.
in simplewallet, type "address" to see your adress.

make sure the seed you write down really belongs to the adress you send money to. maybe you try it with 1 xmr (i send it to you if you give me your adress)

to restore all your data from seed, start simplewallet with parameter --restore-deterministic-wallet.

i hope it helps, you can always pm me if you need more help.

also check this guide from fluffypony: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8246348. he explains ho to do cold wallet that has never been conected to the internet.

i would really recomend you to try working with the 24 word seed, it is one of my favourite functions in Monero but takes some time to get used to.

Thanks medusa13.

I am using linux. When compiling simplewallet from source, I was protested about missing libunbound package.

When I tried sudo apt-get install libunbound
I got message package libunbound not found

What should I do?
Mega DUMP  Grin

Fair enough. I'm waiting to see if it goes a bit lower before stocking up more. I will be happy enough whichever way the price goes from here in the short term. Long term hold.
Jump to: