Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1295. (Read 4670643 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
I use simple wallet is nice and simple. perfect for me. If you want fancy one with unicorns dancing on top, there is Jojotek valet. It is link to it in OP.

About Missives, writing them weekly is a bit wast of time, not much happen in one week anyway. And rare weeks was weekly. have them every second week would be more then enough.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
When will there be an official gui wallet for windows?
never.....

Why do you say so?
6 months from the creation of the coin, no purse, weekly updates are delayed, if the work carried out on it, show us!

I think dev wants to release a good wallet.
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
never.....

Why do you say so?
6 months from the creation of the coin, no purse, weekly updates are delayed, if the work carried out on it, show us!

It has already been shown.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
never.....

Why do you say so?
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
never.....
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Activity: 243
Merit: 125
veh vant zeh missives! Achtung!

Grin

Hah - you and me both!

Internet has been a bit spotty whilst I've been travelling, but we are busy finalising the Missive and will push it out as soon as the new Monero builds are done with testing, so within the next 12 hours at the most;)

What about new missive, dear devs? "12 hours at the most" are elapsed 3-5 times since that...
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
onemorebtc can you please explain me your signature?

see my pm
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
I accidentially pasted one of my XMR addresses in the google search bar and the following pastebin came up:

http://pastebin.com/LEhABQcu

Just out of curiosity: Could someone in the know tell me what it shows and why my address would show up there?

I only use it for mining.

Thanks

my guess: your pool op made a pastebin of a connection error to show it to someone Wink

Yeah probably something like that.

onemorebtc can you please explain me your signature?
Activity: 266
I accidentially pasted one of my XMR addresses in the google search bar and the following pastebin came up:

Just out of curiosity: Could someone in the know tell me what it shows and why my address would show up there?

Thanks

my guess: your pool op made a pastebin of a connection error to show it to someone Wink
Activity: 400
Merit: 263

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Therefore may I suggest to either stay on schedule and give whatever news there is to give including possible timelines on immediate work or go back to only giving news when there is news and leave everybody to wonder when there might be news.

OK I edited it.  Any better?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
How about calling it 'Weekly Missives' cause the team is clearly unable to deliver 'monday missives' on monday.

I believe it already was but people never knew when during the week it would be released hence the increase in the alteration.  Then again it didn't stay on a weekly schedule.

Development doesn't seem to run on a predetermined schedule and announcements aren't being given without any news.  Therefore may I suggest to either stay on schedule and give whatever news there is to give including possible timelines on immediate work or go back to only giving news when there is news and leave everybody to wonder when there might be news.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
i agree, we need marketing soon. but slides and everything needed can already be produced now  Wink
i too feel this will be really huge. the tech is superior, dev team is honest, community is grown up and coin is fair.

I think that we have to do 3 things first

+ GUI: better usability shows that XMR tech is mature and easy for mass market (== user adoption == liquidity)
+ Database: amount of memory required for XMR wallet is not trivial any more
+ Multi-signature: some deep web merchants may need it to protect their buyers
The first two is being addressed.

Multisig is being addressed too, but we plan to do it so that signature sizes remain the same.
Activity: 700
How about calling it 'Weekly Missives' cause the team is clearly unable to deliver 'monday missives' on monday.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
An hypothetically rejected transaction rejected by an old version node is eventually picked up by a current version one, right?

Yes that is how it works. What happens is you first submit the transaction to your own node (daemon), which accepts it because it is the same version as your wallet. Your node tries to forward it to other nodes.

Then three other things will need to happen:

1. Your node will need to connect to one or more nodes willing to accept your transaction

2. Your transaction will need to get forwarded to a miner willing to mine it

3. The miner will need to successfully find a block including your transaction.

Initially this should not be a problem since there always seem to be some fraction of nodes and miners who don't upgrade right away, but over time it will become slower and less likely to work at all (there is a 24 hour time limit). That is how it worked out when the change to 0.1 fee was made.
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
Did I miss the missive?
Activity: 649
Merit: 500

Are these miner using the old wallet? What is the old version of the node? If the transaction is created with new versions of the wallet, will this 0.01 fee happen with the miner using old node?

When you implement a new fee regime, do you need to hard fork can say that from  block height X, new fee should be applied?

If I understand it correctly, the stated amount (0.1 new vs 0.01 old ) is the minimum fee. So the older version miner accepts all transactions above the minimum. 0.1 and 0.01 alike.

Maybe there will be some hiccups when the transition is made to the per-KB based fees.

Question:
An hypothetically rejected transaction rejected by an old version node is eventually picked up by a current version one, right?
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
what is happening?

http://chainradar.com/xmr/block/291081

why so low fees?

There is some miner running an old version of the node, so they will occasionally pick up transactions created with old versions of the wallet.

Are these miner using the old wallet? What is the old version of the node? If the transaction is created with new versions of the wallet, will this 0.01 fee happen with the miner using old node?

When you implement a new fee regime, do you need to hard fork can say that from  block height X, new fee should be applied?
Jump to: