Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1299. (Read 4670643 times)

legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Winter means free mining. Free mining means even my old computer can be of use.

Please join me in mining on http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ (100% fees to devs) using the devs donation adress 46BeWrHpwXmHDpDEUmZBWZfoQpdc6HaERCNmx1pEYL2rAcuwufPN9rXHHtyUA4QVy66qeFQkn6sfK8a HYjA3jk3o1Bv16em

It would be really fun if we could get together could get some proper hashrates going over there. I only get 200H/sec mind you, but please join in and we all win!
legendary
Activity: 2453
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
Ok I have now 20 XMR.

Don't spend it all in one place!  Roll Eyes
Just keep it as small investment in anon coin.
Who knows how munch it can rice in price?
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
Ok I have now 20 XMR.

Don't spend it all in one place!  Roll Eyes
legendary
Energy coin master
Ok I have now 20 XMR.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
https://monerohash.com
how to help the price rising?
Buy and hold?

+1

Last Reward decreases every day
Ok I was holder of a little 10 XMR and maybe nice to buy back at this price levels.
Why is there no positive price movement?
There are much other coins with anon features. Why is XMR special?
I'm not a big investor but if I see potential maybe more follow.

AFAIK, CryptoNote based coins (from which XMR is the most popular) are the only ones that provide truly untraceable transactions built-in at the protocol level. All other "anon" coins use some form of coin mixing.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Buy and hold?

+1

One but not main reason is that is 8th by capitalization of all mineable coins and 7th by yesterdays volume. That says it is not some tiny coin you might have problems to sell, especially if you would invest more.

Coins took on anonymity from different approaches, if you look of only Cryptonote coins, Monero is in waste advantage towards others considering, capitalization, daily volume, number of supporters and even number of developers and other people that helps being paid or not.

If you check here or on github, you would see is lots of progress from April. Cryptonote for sure had most dirty path to pave.

There is always risk just anything can fail even bitcoin and whole crypotocurencies, but for me Monero have least chances among anonymity coins to do so.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
It's ebb and flow, my friend. Currently more ebb, so accumulation time.
legendary
Energy coin master
Buy and hold?

+1

Ok I was holder of a little 10 XMR and maybe nice to buy back at this price levels.
Why is there no positive price movement?
I'm not a big investor but if I see potential maybe more follow.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I would like to recommend against making a deposit to an exchange with a non-zero mixin.    Secure your privacy by other means.  If you use a non-zero mixin, the exchange has plausible deniability of receipt, which would require a complete data dump to refute.  Subpoenas don't work that way, so you are screwed.

The other means described above can include doing a send with a mix to an intermediate wallet, then a send of the entire balance with 0 mix from that wallet to the exchange. This will ensure that any coins sent to the exchange can't be traced back (For example by the exchange) to any of your other transactions. I have wallets I call "to-polo" etc. for this purpose. (Also "from" wallets for similar but slightly different reasons.) When using a "from" wallet you should probably allow at least a bit of time to pass before emptying it (with a mix) so the connection isn't obvious.

I think there will eventually be cryptographic tools for voluntarily proving sent transactions, but they don't exist yet.

Also, somewhat obvious but important: Your payment ID is recorded in the clear on the blockchain. If you don't request a new payment ID regularly all of your exchange deposits can be linked together by any third party.

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
I would like to recommend against making a deposit to an exchange with a non-zero mixin.    Secure your privacy by other means.  If you use a non-zero mixin, the exchange has plausible deniability of receipt, which would require a complete data dump to refute.  Subpoenas don't work that way, so you are screwed.

maybe i'm a moron but wouldn't that also apply for withdrawals, as one does not get a mixin option afaik?  thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Monero now below $.6, more fallen from $2.2 a few months ago.
Best of luck, Monero Developers and Community.

Thanks, it's a great time to buy monero; the devs are working hard and getting the db in order and the price is fantastic.

I have to admit I am jealous of the people who are discovering Monero just now and can buy at this price  Cheesy

i sort of agree, but im in for the long haul, so i dont' really care about day to day prices myself. Time will tell, i try not to dwell on it. so many coins, so little btc and time right? Cheesy 

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

Thanks, it's a great time to buy monero; the devs are working hard and getting the db in order and the price is fantastic.

I have to admit I am jealous of the people who are discovering Monero just now and can buy at this price  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Actually, we are in luck. Bitcoin value is falling like a stone, so Monero value is falling like a stone because XMR-BTC coupling is still in effect. Even if you can buy XMR with dollars/euro.

But this time will pass, so give it some time. Bitcoin got 4 years to achieve this.
Buy some cheap monero if you got the funds to do so safely and chill.
Activity: 735
Merit: 501
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I'm a Firestarter!
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

Increasing adoption, get more awareness for Monero is a key thing for adoption.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Jump to: