Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1365. (Read 4670630 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
This is a great time to BUY Monero :-) It won't get much cheaper.

You may be right, it doesn't seems to go lower.
I've been waiting for a long time with my buy orders but no dump is happening.
Time to buy then.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
This is a great time to BUY Monero :-) It won't get much cheaper.

Activity: 687
Merit: 500
novag
Monero will grow price and difficult!
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Aha, yes.. I looked up the transaction ID and the fee was 0.101058420000. It did take a hella long time to go through too, like over 24 hours. I thought maybe because there was a lot of transactions in the transfer. The pool I'm on pays in odd numbers, not like most pools where it's a static .3 or .5. It pays like .39441698 and that comes through as 2 transactions: .30000000 and .09441698. I just counted, it was 46 transactions. Would that make it take a long time? Should I break it down into smaller amounts?

Nah, probably want to send in as large of tx as possible, to minimize impact of 0.1 fee and additional dust fee. Might want to try mining at a different pool that pays out in slightly larger and more regular amounts though (like 0.5 every time).

Agree however in answer to the original question, you don't want your pool to do that. You want the minimum number of transactions sent to you since that will make it easiest for you to spend at the lowest cost. So you should request that your pool improve their payouts or switch.

Agreed, I did think it was unusual. I've reached out to them with the suggestion. Thanks for the prompt replies.

The one question remains: Will a high # of transactions (in my case 46 to transfer 17.6XMR) cause the transfer to take longer? Or was it just a glitch on Polo's side that made it take 24 hours to arrive?

It can take somewhat longer (since the transaction is larger, so might take a while to fit into a block -- normally this happens within a few minutes), but 24 hours is extreme. That does indeed sound like a glitch on their side.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Aha, yes.. I looked up the transaction ID and the fee was 0.101058420000. It did take a hella long time to go through too, like over 24 hours. I thought maybe because there was a lot of transactions in the transfer. The pool I'm on pays in odd numbers, not like most pools where it's a static .3 or .5. It pays like .39441698 and that comes through as 2 transactions: .30000000 and .09441698. I just counted, it was 46 transactions. Would that make it take a long time? Should I break it down into smaller amounts?

Nah, probably want to send in as large of tx as possible, to minimize impact of 0.1 fee and additional dust fee. Might want to try mining at a different pool that pays out in slightly larger and more regular amounts though (like 0.5 every time).

Agree however in answer to the original question, you don't want your pool to do that. You want the minimum number of transactions sent to you since that will make it easiest for you to spend at the lowest cost. So you should request that your pool improve their payouts or switch.

Agreed, I did think it was unusual. I've reached out to them with the suggestion. Thanks for the prompt replies.

The one question remains: Will a high # of transactions (in my case 46 to transfer 17.6XMR) cause the transfer to take longer? Or was it just a glitch on Polo's side that made it take 24 hours to arrive?
Activity: 697
Merit: 500
These are scamers monero.rs,pool not working anymore

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9063025
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Monero is number 2 with 13578 votes on Cryptsy voting list. Cool

It almost looks bad for them not adding Monero now Cool

"Welcome to Craptsy - Where we support all manner of Shitcoins but not a major coin like Monero unless you bribe us!"

That is the spirit of Craptsy.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

It almost looks bad for them not adding Monero now Cool

"Welcome to Craptsy - Where we support all manner of Shitcoins but not a major coin like Monero unless you bribe us!"
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Hi, quick question..

I had 17.771058420000 XMR in my wallet, and I transferred 17.67 to Polo. Immediately after I transferred it said:

balance: 0.001058420000, unlocked balance: 0.000000000000

which is correct. When I refreshed and saw the transfer go through (purple text) it then said:

balance: 0.000000000000, unlocked balance: 0.000000000000

What happened to the 0.001058420000? Believe me, I'm not sweating 0.001058420000 XMR. I'm just curious, is a tiny balance like that just zeroed out? If so, I will be much more precise in the future with my transfer amounts to make sure that nothing is lost.

Thank you, and continue to kick ass!

I think it got added to your tx fee, since it would be unspendable with current fee structure anyway. It is kinda weird that it showed up as locked balance, but then disappeared, I agree...

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Hi, quick question..

I had 17.771058420000 XMR in my wallet, and I transferred 17.67 to Polo. Immediately after I transferred it said:

which is correct. When I refreshed and saw the transfer go through (purple text) it then said:

What happened to the 0.001058420000? Believe me, I'm not sweating 0.001058420000 XMR. I'm just curious, is a tiny balance like that just zeroed out? If so, I will be much more precise in the future with my transfer amounts to make sure that nothing is lost.

I think it got added to your tx fee, since it would be unspendable with current fee structure anyway. It is kinda weird that it showed up as locked balance, but then disappeared, I agree...
Hi, quick question..

legendary

If any of this has any relevance to Monero, I can't find it. Why are you posting about darknote here?

Probably because jwinterm brought it up and subjected the topic to extensive criticism:

My mistake. I thought the comment of mine to which dNote replied was on the dNote thread. However, it was indeed here, in reply to jwinterm.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

If any of this has any relevance to Monero, I can't find it. Why are you posting about darknote here?

Probably because jwinterm brought it up and subjected the topic to extensive criticism:

After messing with the other two significant Cryptonotes recently, here is my opinion on the issues du jour: emission rate change and dev compensation.

The other two, Duck/Darknote and Boolberry, currently offer more features and/or faster syncing. Darknote now has encrypted, on blockchain messaging (which seems to be possibly a bad idea if it can be spammed) and the blockchain moved out of memory (full disclosure, I don't have the wallet).

However, the advantage Monero currently has over the other two is that it seems to have a much fairer distribution of coins. This is more difficult to analyze than traditional bitcoin clones due to the anonymous nature of the transactions.

Darknote is already 73% mined out after several months of a much smaller network hashrate compared to Monero, and I think it was something like 50% of coins emitted after only the first month. This is purportedly to head off asics before they have a chance to be designed and manufactured for cryptonight algo (assuming this ever happens), however it reeks of instamine imo, which is why I don't even bother downloading the wallet.

Boolberry is the more interesting competitor to Monero imo, despite currently having a significantly lower market cap than Darknote (I would argue this is a function of instaminers holding a large portion of coins ever mined, waiting for more buy support before dumping some/all their coins from the coin's first month of existence).

So, that leaves Monero as the most fair. Mostly due simply to its much greater popularity and trade volume, but also due to the factors mentioned above. I just feel like messing with coin emission, or chucking in a 1% "post-mine" block, or anything else like that will greatly risk the trust that has grown around the dev team and the community in general, and would possibly create an opportunity for someone to fork Monero (or Darknote or Boolberry), and try to position itself as THE Cryptonote with a legitimately fair distribution.

Yes some of dNote's posts are surreal, but surely you know how to follow a quote chain upstream    Grin

Or do you only favor the right of response when XMR partisans visit other CN threads to 'correct' misinformation?   Wink
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
I already talked to someone connected with BTC-e a while ago, they said they aren't really interested in adding new coins (rather, they're trying to still remove old and shitty alts).

As I imagined, forget about BTC-e unless you want BTC/LTC.

Guess we get the US exchange for the anon coin & the BCX exchange for the coin BCX tried to destory.

The irony is painful.
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
Monero belongs to no one, no one is begging, BTC-e owners are not public and IMO that exchange is way over-rated, Cryptsy is more important now. And they have fiat pairs.

To me Poloniex is a GREAT exchange - far better than Cryptsy.  But it's a US exchange.  Probably the nosiest government with the best eavesdropping technology available.  Not the ideal for the XMR audience.

BTC-e has the whales who wish to remain unkown & I'm convinced they are largely the reason litecoin grew the way it did.  It is an ecosystem of an exchange that wish to remain unkown with a large userbase that wishes to remain unkown.

I already talked to someone connected with BTC-e a while ago, they said they aren't really interested in adding new coins (rather, they're trying to still remove old and shitty alts).

Ah - thanks for the info.  I like their approach although it did always puzzle me why they never added doge & kept some of the dead coins.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Jump to: