Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1368. (Read 4670630 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I said this in another thread but if BTC-e picked up XMR that would be awesome.

BTC-e is a much bigger exchange than most out there.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

-snip-

- How to help with translation, in any language: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/monero-client-net/

It is my understanding the above is Jojatekok's NET wallet.

I will gladly help translate his wallet as well, although you might want to point that out and later announce when the official GUI strings are out for translation.

thanks for the link, joined the team Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I don't understand why people support paid voting for an exchange to list a currency, especially when that currency is already listed on another fine exchange.  These paid votes are worse than any government tax as it serves no legitimate function, and nothing is done with that money except line the recipients pocket.  it is just a bribe.

I like Poloniex...I could give 2 shits if XMR gets traded on Cryptsy.

I'm with you.  (Not much caring whether its on Cryptsy or not.)  It decentralizes only a little.
Probably folks do paid votes as just an individual decision.  It makes sense for the exchange, to cover the setup costs.  I may also make sense to folks that like to stick with one exchange and already use it.  If their time is worth a little money and they figure that they will save some time by not switching back and forth.

I said this in another thread but if BTC-e picked up XMR that would be awesome.

Activity: 400
Merit: 263

-snip-

- How to help with translation, in any language: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/monero-client-net/

It is my understanding the above is Jojatekok's NET wallet.

I will gladly help translate his wallet as well, although you might want to point that out and later announce when the official GUI strings are out for translation.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
These paid votes are worse than any government tax as it serves no legitimate function, and nothing is done with that money except line the recipients pocket.  it is just a bribe.

Probably folks do paid votes as just an individual decision.  It makes sense for the exchange, to cover the setup costs.  I may also make sense to folks that like to stick with one exchange and already use it.  If their time is worth a little money and they figure that they will save some time by not switching back and forth.

Paying voters are the ones who have a massive stake in the $hitcoin. It is only fair that the exchanges try to recoup the implementation costs from the ones who actually gain from the exchange listing - the preminers and pumpers. I think this is a good symbiotic system.

Exchanges should pay DEVS % of their commission to list the good altcoins.

Good altcoins are already listed.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
These paid votes are worse than any government tax as it serves no legitimate function, and nothing is done with that money except line the recipients pocket.  it is just a bribe.

Paying voters are the ones who have a massive stake in the $hitcoin. It is only fair that the exchanges try to recoup the implementation costs from the ones who actually gain from the exchange listing - the preminers and pumpers. I think this is a good symbiotic system.

Exchanges should pay DEVS % of their commission to list the good altcoins.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer

I believe BCX wanted some sort of "orced evolution.

Zoidberg and windjc tried to force BBR into an orced evolution, with a massively unpopular name change to "Rune."

It was a huge fail, thank God.

Hahaha! Indeed, thank you fine sir, this made my night after not looking at the tail of this thread for a day or two! Bravo!!

Well, at least it wasn't a troll

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 2793
Shitcoin Minimalist
Interesting point: BCX claimed that Cryptsy didnt add XMR back in July because they asked him for an expert opinion and he advised them of potential exploits that put them off. Does this recent change from Cryptsy mean that their "expert" has now told them that XMR is safe, or does it mean they no longer believe their "expert"?

I was wondering about that as well.
My gut feeling has always been that Cryptsy is really shady. Hell, they have very close ties to BCX, after all.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Zoidberg and windjc tried to force BBR into an orced evolution, with a massively unpopular name change to "Rune."

Hahaha! Indeed, thank you fine sir, this made my night after not looking at the tail of this thread for a day or two! Bravo!!
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Interesting point: BCX claimed that Cryptsy didnt add XMR back in July because they asked him for an expert opinion and he advised them of potential exploits that put them off. Does this recent change from Cryptsy mean that their "expert" has now told them that XMR is safe, or does it mean they no longer believe their "expert"?

I believe BCX wanted some sort of "orced evolution. His motive could of been to threaten use of an exploit in order to force evolution upon XMR, and thus fixed any loopholes that he's seen.

However, I'm only guessing, as everyone is.
Activity: 252
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Personally I would prefer it if we weren't listed on Cryptsy...I haven't heard anything good about them.
Activity: 778
Merit: 1000
I wonder if we should send the BTC to dev instead of voting in cryptsy.

Well, maybe it's interesting to ask yourself the question; who was more usefull to XMR; cryptsy or the devs?
Activity: 462
I wonder if we should send the BTC to dev instead of voting in cryptsy.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I don't understand why people support paid voting for an exchange to list a currency, especially when that currency is already listed on another fine exchange.  These paid votes are worse than any government tax as it serves no legitimate function, and nothing is done with that money except line the recipients pocket.  it is just a bribe.

I'm with you.  (Not much caring whether its on Cryptsy or not.)  It decentralizes only a little.

Agree with both of the above comments and more so this: It isn't just that it is on one other fine exchange, it is on many other exchanges. The first exchange is worth a lot, the second is worth a lot as decentralization and competition. After that, it doesn't really matter.

By adding the coin to a vote list the exchange is signaling they see the coin as important enough to include. It is only a small step from there to the exchange viewing the coin as too important to not include. Paid votes are a complete rip off. Don't fall for it.

Just step back and wait and they will add it before long anyway.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

Don't forget that Cryptsy has a large userbase which would increase adoption. I agree that poloniex is currently the best option and a very fine exchange. But there will also be people that don't like to switch (like NewLiberty stated above here) and would like to trade monero on their "home" exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer

legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

Jump to: