Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1367. (Read 4670630 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

the best way i've found to catch someone from the bytecoin community is observing their moral stance. they tend to live in a opposite moral universe than most of us here. they use the same moral concepts than us, but their values are totally inverted if not perverted. for instance, they would attack and brand the most genuine and honest persons of this forum as dishonest / scammers or in their own coin threads, they would consider legitimate questions or arguments as trolling and thus would remove them

Two things fill the mind with ever-increasing wonder and awe, the more often and the more intensely the mind of thought is drawn to them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me.
Immanuel Kant
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
Darknote is already 73% mined out after several months of a much smaller network hashrate compared to Monero, and I think it was something like 50% of coins emitted after only the first month. This is purportedly to head off asics before they have a chance to be designed and manufactured for cryptonight algo (assuming this ever happens), however it reeks of instamine imo, which is why I don't even bother downloading the wallet.

The is one of the lamest excluses for an instamine scam I've ever seen, which makes it more likely in my eyes that XDN is a CN coin-mill scam coin (I've never been 100% sure about that one, but I'd say 85% now), because: 1) they seem to have an affinity for premine/instamine scams, and 2) they seem uniquely tone deaf when it comes to the made up stories they believe the community will actually find credible.

I still like their marketing though. Clearly the best in the CN space, unless you consider XMR's non-marketing marketing.

Cry  Undecided  Cry  Cry

{snip}

lol wtf??

the best way i've found to catch someone from the bytecoin community is observing their moral stance. they tend to live in a opposite moral universe than most of us here. they use the same moral concepts than us, but their values are totally inverted if not perverted. for instance, they would attack and brand the most genuine and honest persons of this forum as dishonest / scammers or in their own coin threads, they would consider legitimate questions or arguments as trolling and thus would remove them
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Darknote is already 73% mined out after several months of a much smaller network hashrate compared to Monero, and I think it was something like 50% of coins emitted after only the first month. This is purportedly to head off asics before they have a chance to be designed and manufactured for cryptonight algo (assuming this ever happens), however it reeks of instamine imo, which is why I don't even bother downloading the wallet.

The is one of the lamest excluses for an instamine scam I've ever seen, which makes it more likely in my eyes that XDN is a CN coin-mill scam coin (I've never been 100% sure about that one, but I'd say 85% now), because: 1) they seem to have an affinity for premine/instamine scams, and 2) they seem uniquely tone deaf when it comes to the made up stories they believe the community will actually find credible.

I still like their marketing though. Clearly the best in the CN space, unless you consider XMR's non-marketing marketing.

Cry  Undecided  Cry  Cry

{snip}

lol wtf??
Activity: 896

Cry  Undecided  Cry  Cry

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Interesting, XMR is the only coin in the top 15 (it is 4th) without a BTC address listed to pay for votes.
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/

Shows how well it actually is doing...

IAS

You can still buy cryptsy point to vote, but indeed interesting to see. Also #2 and #3 are pretty much dead if you look at coinmarketcap.com.

Are you sure you can buy cryptsy points? I didn't see any way to do so. I read that the way to earn them is by trading.

See for yourself here: https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/

Alternatively, we are also accepting CryptsyPoints as part of our paid vote program (5 votes per CryptsyPoint). After you cast your free vote, you will then have the option to vote again with your CryptsyPoints as often as you like.
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
Interesting, XMR is the only coin in the top 15 (it is 4th) without a BTC address listed to pay for votes.

IAS

You can still buy cryptsy point to vote, but indeed interesting to see. Also #2 and #3 are pretty much dead if you look at coinmarketcap.com.

The vote totals should decay over time, with a half life of 6 months or so.

Of course that would mean less BribeCoins for Craptsy, so it won't happen.   Cheesy

People would be ticked about that unless it refunded them their decayed, previously paid for votes, but I do think it's a good idea.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

IAS

The vote totals should decay over time, with a half life of 6 months or so.

Of course that would mean less BribeCoins for Craptsy, so it won't happen.   Cheesy
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

IAS

Are you sure you can buy cryptsy points? I didn't see any way to do so. I read that the way to earn them is by trading.

traded on the exchange under points.
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501

IAS

legendary

IAS

legendary
Monero has some exchange rates i see 1monero=1.18$

You can also use coinmarketcap.com for this, the show the average weighted price and the price across all exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

IAS
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Monero has some exchange rates i see 1monero=1.18$
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 2793
Shitcoin Minimalist
Hell, they have very close ties to BCX, after all.

what exactly IS BCX's relation to Cryptsy?

Close friend and trusted (or maybe not?) adviser AFAIK.
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
Hell, they have very close ties to BCX, after all.

what exactly IS BCX's relation to Cryptsy?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Hi ppl,

As for today, Is monero 100% anonymous and untraceable?

No. Please don't use Monero recklessly. The technology is still in its infancy and we're working hard to improve a number of deanonymizing related vulnerabilities for ring signatures. Think Tor in the very early days, there were many security issues.

That said, it's the most promising privacy tech I know of and is passive in nature, so when the bugs are worked out it I think it'll work nicely. In the meantime, it's still much more private than Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 2793
Shitcoin Minimalist
Hi ppl,

Yes
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Hi ppl,

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Paying for Cryptsy votes is waste of founds. Just vote daily and eventually coin will get there. is already rank.4.  Every exchange adds a bit volume and adoption to coin, but is almost same if is added next week or in a month or two.  
BTC-e, we should just, ask them from time to time, when we will be able to buy Monero there. More people will ask more chances. But doubt they will start with XMT/EUR pairs.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
I said this in another thread but if BTC-e picked up XMR that would be awesome.

BTC-e is a much bigger exchange than most out there.

BTC-e is a dinosaur with those alts, lol. I don't think they've changed since 2012. Except for maybe Primecoin?

Odd that they wouldn't add some of the more high volume alts out there now. Lots of money to be made.
Jump to: