Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1646. (Read 4670614 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
May i join the club of stuck Mintpal withdrawals?

BTC withdrawals were immediate for me. Convert to BTC and gtfo of mintpal imo.

Ughh i have them pending on withdrawal now...  Undecided

Activity: 148
Merit: 10
there is > 50,000 worth of bids on the buy side and < 14000 asks on the sell side. idk what depressed the price so much, but it caused people to buy up all of the supply. polniex appears to be running out of xmr. I mean it would only cost a couple dozen btc to buy ALL of the xmr on poloniex. put on your seatbelt folks.

Interesting analisys Cheesy but it might be true
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

BTC withdrawals were immediate for me. Convert to BTC and gtfo of mintpal imo.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

It's a fairly nasty situation.

A POS coin is stolen from an exchange via a direct SQL injection. (allegedly)
The coin dev chooses to roll back the blockchain to avoid a single owner having 30% of coins. (Important ina POS scenario)
Exchanges freeze the coin as the blockchain is rolled back and the coin forks.

Nasty.  Bad bad implications...
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
there is > 50,000 worth of bids on the buy side and < 14000 asks on the sell side. idk what depressed the price so much, but it caused people to buy up all of the supply. polniex appears to be running out of xmr. I mean it would only cost a couple dozen btc to buy ALL of the xmr on poloniex. put on your seatbelt folks.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Ok. Well if they don't process our withdrawals by this evening we should band together to form a coalition and steal their servers and use it as ransom until they process all xmr withdrawals.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Im sure they are in crisis mode over at Mintpal so not suprised to hear some withdrawals are slow. Ive withdrawn my last coins from there and it took a while.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Anyone else having trouble withdrawing xmr from mintpal?

I know about the vrc issue, but I withdrew 3000 bc and .7 btc no problem but now my 266 xmr withdraw has been pending for almost 24 hours, I have opened 2 support tickets and gotten no reply.

Time to jump off a building or no?

Not time to jump off a building.

But yes.  I also have a stuck withdrawal at mintpal.  I submitted a support ticket.  I imagine they are busy there. Sad
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Anyone else having trouble withdrawing xmr from mintpal?

I know about the vrc issue, but I withdrew 3000 bc and .7 btc no problem but now my 266 xmr withdraw has been pending for almost 24 hours, I have opened 2 support tickets and gotten no reply.

Time to jump off a building or no?
Activity: 94
Support Monero development by mining at http://pool.cryptoescrow.eu
We donate 20% to Core-dev team and 20% to pool development.
Total fee: 1%:
Join our pool and start supporting Monero development!

Could you please either stop spamming these annoying advertisements here or switch over to the Monero mining thread?

Thanks
Sorry, i thought this was normal practice on this forum(not spamming, but posting once a day and inviting people).
Activity: 798
Is there a Monero gambling site yet?

Nope but Ive tried to put some rough plans together, watch this space Wink
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

i guess not yet.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
Activity: 93

Could you please either stop spamming these annoying advertisements here or switch over to the Monero mining thread?

Thanks
Activity: 94
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Is there an organised bounty list yet?
Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
legendary
Activity: 1106

Good points. I'd add though, that 1.15% daily inflation is numerically unsustainable and declines very rapidly, just due to 1.15% more market cap each day (and also the emission decline, though that is a smaller factor). It will be cut in half in just the next three months, again less than six months later, etc.

Any formula to calculate emission rate?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
(From then on it's different, because XMR needs daily demand to absorb the inflation, whereas BTC's price rise is capped by existing holders selling.)

BTC also has daily inflation -- 3600+ BTC/day. That is not peanuts, it is over $2 million/day, almost $1 billion a year that needs to flow into BTC to absorb inflation.

Obviously BTC has more existing holders than XMR and therefore more of them selling, but the effect of those is significant for both. XMR daily mining is around 60 BTC, obviously not 100% of that is sold, yet exchange volume during periods of high activity has been quite a bit more than that, so we are seeing existing coins changing hands there as well. Plus off-exchange transactions of course.

over $2 million/day, almost $1 billion a year is nothing for the whole world..this is the internet..
there is still plenty of area to grow, like this.. www.coindesk.com/philippines-startups-fulfil-bitcoins-remittance-promise/

Ty that is where I am. Listen from 33:40 min point (very articulate filipino).

I will hook up with those guys.

my country  Smiley
Jump to: