Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1642. (Read 4670614 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
How many coins are in circulation at the moment? Where can I get this info?

Thanks

http://monerochain.info/stats
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
How many coins are in circulation at the moment? Where can I get this info?

Thanks
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
I have carefully read all 500 pages of this thread and I can't understand why so many people here hate members whose native language is not English?

Yeah, I’ve also noticed it. This indicates some "racism" here, although I always thought that digital currency should have no restrictions in this sense, as it is international.

Please list some specific examples of that in this thread. Don't make claims without backing them up with specific examples.

I don't remember now where was this particular example( on what page). But you can see how  in another thread Monero supporters are against people whose native language is not English.: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7514473

LOL, please go troll somewhere else.

"Can you not at least pretend to be different people instead of the same idiot running troll accounts? You write like a Russian with a poor grasp of proper English grammatical constructs, and you use the same acronyms and linguistic style for everything. Obvious shills are obvious."

This is not racist or against non native english speakers you fool. It is simply someone calling someone else out based on the fact that his writing style and poor grasp of the language makes it look like all the other troll BCN accounts. Having a poor grasp of the language is not offensive if its true. Stop being an idiot and trying to label a whole community as racist when I can guarantee you there are hundreds of different nationalities and languages spoken by XMR investors.

Maybe I'm wrong. I only express my opinion as you.

XMR looks kinda suspicious for me. That's all.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I have carefully read all 500 pages of this thread and I can't understand why so many people here hate members whose native language is not English?

Yeah, I’ve also noticed it. This indicates some "racism" here, although I always thought that digital currency should have no restrictions in this sense, as it is international.

Please list some specific examples of that in this thread. Don't make claims without backing them up with specific examples.

I don't remember now where was this particular example( on what page). But you can see how  in another thread Monero supporters are against people whose native language is not English.: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7514473

LOL, please go troll somewhere else.

"Can you not at least pretend to be different people instead of the same idiot running troll accounts? You write like a Russian with a poor grasp of proper English grammatical constructs, and you use the same acronyms and linguistic style for everything. Obvious shills are obvious."

This is not racist or against non native english speakers you fool. It is simply someone calling someone else out based on the fact that his writing style and poor grasp of the language makes it look like all the other troll BCN accounts. Having a poor grasp of the language is not offensive if its true. Stop being an idiot and trying to label a whole community as racist when I can guarantee you there are hundreds of different nationalities and languages spoken by XMR investors.
Activity: 266

do i understand it right that for this coin cold storage for backup purpose is not really needed, since i can just delete the wallet files and keep my deterministic passphrase on paper?

sure, its not the same like signing transactions with offline computer and watch-only wallet, but its good enough to just keep it pretty well safe no ?

You can restore a wallet from the deterministic seed so yes. I would certainly suggest attempting the process in test a couple of time before deleting your wallet file with all your savings on Wink
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Anyone having problems getting the estimated MRO per day? I'm hashing at 2500 H/s, and lately I've been getting less then half of what is estimated. Given the current difficulty, I should be getting about 4.5 MRO, but I made that over a period of two days instead. I've tried moneropool.org, moneropool.com, and monero.crypto-pool.fr -- same outcome. Are the estimates wrong, or am I (or are we) getting jipped?

No you are not hashing at 2500 H/S. That is what is reported on the miner but it is not the real hashrate. If half of your hashrate is lost** due to connections problem and miner fees, you are hashing at 1750 H/S.

**Especially if you use Claymore.

The only thing that matter is the work that is received by the pool. The hashrate displayed on the miner is virtual.

Moreover, you cannot know in advance how much you are going to get. Too much factors. The estimated global hashrate is never accurate, you cannot know in realtime what is the competition between miners.

also - why is the content of the web page not open to public so we can contribute? some dev wiki perhaps? (the design, or at least ideas, could be kept separate ...you could at least create a thread about it here, see what people come up with)

Do have a look at the community XMR FAQ. A lot of great content was added within the first day or so but interest seems to have subsided. Eventually the FAQ content will likely find a home on a web site.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-unofficial-xmr-community-monero-faq-thread-686086

Thats a good thing in regards to an FAQ, means most the frequently asked questions have been put up there straight away and there is also a distinct lack of people asking the same questions like there was before. A success as far as Im concerned, sometimes its the little things. Thanks!
Anyone having problems getting the estimated MRO per day? I'm hashing at 2500 H/s, and lately I've been getting less then half of what is estimated. Given the current difficulty, I should be getting about 4.5 MRO, but I made that over a period of two days instead. I've tried moneropool.org, moneropool.com, and monero.crypto-pool.fr -- same outcome. Are the estimates wrong, or am I (or are we) getting jipped?

Where are you working out your expected earnings? Most the calculators are dubious at best and vague guesses at worse, there are a lot of factors that afffect how many you mine per day such as the difficulrty movement and also the luck of your pool. Monerobot in IRC says 2500 should get around 3.54XMR per day so the results your seeing dont seem ridiculous to me.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Not sure. I'm hashing at 420 H/s or so using GPU plus CPU and getting about 2/3 XMR per day (9 since start of July). That would scale to about 4 XMR per day for 2500 H/s.
Q
there is > 50,000 worth of bids on the buy side and < 14000 asks on the sell side. idk what depressed the price so much, but it caused people to buy up all of the supply. polniex appears to be running out of xmr. I mean it would only cost a couple dozen btc to buy ALL of the xmr on poloniex. put on your seatbelt folks.

Im not sure where your looking but there are 87k XMR on sale at polo and 37.08770823BTC to 0.00389?

im looking at the depth chart. i see what you are looking at. any idea why the numbers dont match?

Id guess Polos terrible charting algorithm, use Bitcoinwisdom anyway tis better.

ive never been able to figure out how to get a depth chart out of bitcoin wisdom. any idea?

No, the best you get out of Bitcoinwisdom is their order sums down the right hand side. An xmr charting site is on my to do list but there are so many projects on the go at the moment!
r05
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
test cryptocoin please ignore
My 32bit wallet  have    20  XMR

Huh

You have several options:

1. You can wait. There will eventually be a 32 bit build with a blockchain database. Currently under development.

2. You can restore to a 64 bit wallet if you have the mnemonic seed for your 32 bit wallet. This is only an option if you wallet was created after mnemonic seed support was added and you saved the seed when you created the wallet.

3. You can try to get the 32 bit wallet to work using Windows PAE and/or /3GB mode. PAE has been reported to work, although I think /3GB may (also?) be required.

I think one can create the 64 bits wallet from the .keys file.
Yes you can. I did it with my old 32bit wallet. Backup those .keys files and paste them into the 64bit wallet directory, entering the same name for the wallet when prompted.

It's worth upgrading to 64bit for this coin imho. It makes things so much simpler.
Activity: 34
Activity: 445
Merit: 255

Huh

1. You can wait. There will eventually be a 32 bit build with a blockchain database. Currently under development.

2. You can restore to a 64 bit wallet if you have the mnemonic seed for your 32 bit wallet. This is only an option if you wallet was created after mnemonic seed support was added and you saved the seed when you created the wallet.

3. You can try to get the 32 bit wallet to work using Windows PAE and/or /3GB mode. PAE has been reported to work, although I think /3GB may (also?) be required.

I think one can create the 64 bits wallet from the .keys file.
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
(not spamming, but posting once a day and inviting people).

I'm curious now. How do *you* define spamming, then ?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Huh

Activity: 216
My 32bit wallet  have    20  XMR

Huh
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
2014-Jul-15 11:48:40.266031 [P2P1]tx with id: in block id: <803020170b65ad9a94f0bf02a6d35a88736a6b25528d317e2ce3a51764b18bce> already in blockchain
2014-Jul-15 11:48:40.288032 [P2P1]Block with id: <803020170b65ad9a94f0bf02a6d35a88736a6b25528d317e2ce3a51764b18bce> failed to add transaction to blockchain storage
2014-Jul-15 11:48:40.306033 [P2P1][54.193.101.172:34081 INC]Block verification failed, dropping connection

32bit wallet,  32bit win7   

help!!!!

At this time monero requires a 64bit environment to run.
Activity: 216
2014-Jul-15 11:48:40.266031 [P2P1]tx with id: in block id: <803020170b65ad9a94f0bf02a6d35a88736a6b25528d317e2ce3a51764b18bce> already in blockchain
2014-Jul-15 11:48:40.288032 [P2P1]Block with id: <803020170b65ad9a94f0bf02a6d35a88736a6b25528d317e2ce3a51764b18bce> failed to add transaction to blockchain storage
2014-Jul-15 11:48:40.306033 [P2P1][54.193.101.172:34081 INC]Block verification failed, dropping connection

32bit wallet,  32bit win7   

help!!!!
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
We made a decision a while back not to fiddle with mediawiki's ACLs and try and control who can edit things.

Instead, the knowledge base will be published to github, and anyone can edit it by submitting a PR (pull request). This will make editing the content super easy, and since PRs are public and easy to look at, if we reject any it will be easy to see why.

+1

I like the github approach :-)

lol... funny how xmr is on the upswing since the latest missives, despite the lack of overall progress.. not sure what to make of it.. should probably link to a funny beavis/butthead meme or something , but too tired. Wink [Edit - i am hodling, not a troll!]
Jump to: