Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1644. (Read 4670614 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
seriously fuck mintpal, they should deal with their own issues and security.

VRC should have held them responsible, instead of the other way around and VRC held responsible to fix the issue.

im so done with that scam exchange, they are only out for profit by adding P&D coins. They know this is the end.

I am not sure which quote to use for a reply but with all the bad emotions around unsecure exchanges etc it is a very clear sign that people expect something better than to suffer the counterparty risk when dealing with such simple things as buying coins.
There are already some proposals how to solve the p2p distributed exchange problem. What is the take of the devs on the future of such possible extensions to Monero?
It is perhaps more of a 'math' question really, is it possible? Exchanging slowly increasing amount of coins between users is is one technique that should work. What about the addresses and some other issues. I believe it should be possible but i am no true cryptographer unfortunately because I don't have much time for study Smiley

The suggestion I wanted to make is to think about adding such analysis on these important topics so we, people using the coin can have some idea how far we can go with the functionality.
Such things should be discussed - or not - and put on a proper website. I mean proper not in any fancy way. I mean a complex well written website with all the information possible on the subject. For dummies really - or smart people who want to know all the details (no, it doesn't need to look complicated - think mac os). Draw the readers of this web to return and study about cryptonight, cryptonote or whatever so they would not need to google for it on other websites.

also - why is the content of the web page not open to public so we can contribute? some dev wiki perhaps? (the design, or at least ideas, could be kept separate ...you could at least create a thread about it here, see what people come up with)
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Thinking about starting a thread where people can petition for compensation for projects they have done related to monero. Do you think this would get be banned for doing altcoin giveaway?

I don't think it is banned unless you get paid for posting, but I'm not 100% sure. Best to check with the forum administrators first I guess.

Check with who specifically do you suppose? SaltySpitoon?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Thinking about starting a thread where people can petition for compensation for projects they have done related to monero. Do you think this would get be banned for doing altcoin giveaway?

I don't think it is banned unless you get paid for posting, but I'm not 100% sure. Best to check with the forum administrators first I guess.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Looking for a Cryptonote-friendly developer who can help retool a "bitcoin business" website script to accept cryptonote.

If this sounds like you, please PM me some rates or contact info.

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
I have carefully read all 500 pages of this thread and I can't understand why so many people here hate members whose native language is not English?

Yeah, I’ve also noticed it. This indicates some "racism" here, although I always thought that digital currency should have no restrictions in this sense, as it is international.

Please list some specific examples of that in this thread. Don't make claims without backing them up with specific examples.

There are no examples. 
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
I have carefully read all 500 pages of this thread and I can't understand why so many people here hate members whose native language is not English?

Yeah, I’ve also noticed it. This indicates some "racism" here, although I always thought that digital currency should have no restrictions in this sense, as it is international.

Please list some specific examples of that in this thread. Don't make claims without backing them up with specific examples.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Funny enough i am not a native speaker myself, like most people here.

The only reason you get treated like you are is that you are using fakeaccounts to troll - accept it.

Doesnt matter what language you speak...  that ^^^ is being owned. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Sadly in a month mining 0.1 XMR a day will be dream.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
When looking at XMR emission curve I thought that the advantage of mining XMR belongs to early miners.

as a matter of fact you are wrong.

The devs chose a smoothly varying, egalitarian block reward with a highly logarithmic emission curve.

What that means is there will be a huge opportunity for everyone to get a fair share of xmr before it starts to go up in value as a result of the emission rate decreasing.

The fact that what you are saying is indeed the complete opposite of the truth, and the fact that anyone who knows anything about xmr knows the truth, tells me you are most likely a paid troll from bcn =)

Funny how bcn devs even with their 80% premine are not even resourceful enough to get more competent sockpuppet trolls with more than ~20-30 acivity score haha

It doesn't really matter how perfect the curve emission is, in any coin the guy with the most hashing power gets most of the coins, nowadays I can only get like 0.1 a day lol.

At some point in the future if and when you can actually use this coin for something useful 0.1 coins may be worth a lot.
Activity: 322
When looking at XMR emission curve I thought that the advantage of mining XMR belongs to early miners.

The devs chose a smoothly varying, egalitarian block reward with a highly logarithmic emission curve.

What that means is there will be a huge opportunity for everyone to get a fair share of xmr before it starts to go up in value as a result of the emission rate decreasing.

The fact that what you are saying is indeed the complete opposite of the truth, and the fact that anyone who knows anything about xmr knows the truth, tells me you are most likely a paid troll from bcn =)

Funny how bcn devs even with their 80% premine are not even resourceful enough to get more competent sockpuppet trolls with more than ~20-30 acivity score haha

It doesn't really matter how perfect the curve emission is, in any coin the guy with the most hashing power gets most of the coins, nowadays I can only get like 0.1 a day lol.
legendary

I wonder how well POT (proof of troll) based distribution is working out for them.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1

Yes, I wondered about it, too. I would like to hear the opinion of the miners who’s been mining XMR for a long time.
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
Reply from Mintpal regarding XMR withdrawal problem:

[18:57:19] XMR withdrawals are currently down
[18:57:24] the issue is unrelated to the VRC issue
Activity: 294

Activity: 294
Speaking of devs’s competence - why do you think other teams don't consider Monero people to be qualified pros?
I’ve seen quite a few similar comments about the work they do: https://twitter.com/lopp/status/472359052736204800

maybe because you are listening to zerocash and drk supporters?

did you think of that?
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
r05
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
test cryptocoin please ignore
Speaking of devs’s competence - why do you think other teams don't consider Monero people to be qualified pros?
I’ve seen quite a few similar comments about the work they do: https://twitter.com/lopp/status/472359052736204800

I am interested as to what qualification makes you a professional in this field and at what point experience stacks up against it..
Activity: 91
Merit: 0
legendary

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

I loled first at "read all 500 pages", then again at "so many people hate members whos native language is not English"

My native language isn't English either, I'm bilingual, and I haven't experienced any hate to members whose native language isn't English..

I knew we were being trolled by fake accounts, i didn't know they were owned and operated by the democrat party. Cheesy
Jump to: