Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1685. (Read 4670614 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Help!
How to restore the wallet?
I use simplewallet.exe --restore-deterministic-wallet, when the input
Specify electrum seed: 8ce0054467f064...................................(Omission)
Error: electrum-style word list failed verification

always prompt an error! ! ! This command is not used to recover the wallet it?
kbm
Activity: 84
Does everyone on this board read what they want to read, and skip past the facts. He was laundering money. Learn it.

Who was laundering money?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

What?? Bitcoin isn't going to $4000 anytime soon. Did you not know that a trading bot for MtGox made the price go to even $1,200? It was buying Bitcoins with fake cash on the exchange through a loophole every 5 minutes, that's what made the price get so high....With Mtgox gone, don't expect Bitcoin to go over $1,000 for a long time....it hasn't even begun to become mainstream yet.

Do you have a source?

As far as not being mainstream. That's debatable seeing how the Winklevoss Brothers have invested a ton and are putting it on the NASDAQ. And Pantera Capital has investors for $96 million.

But yeah, you can't buy anything at your local stores with Bitcoin. Yet.

Just for a quick read

http://willyreport.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/the-willy-report-proof-of-massive-fraudulent-trading-activity-at-mt-gox-and-how-it-has-affected-the-price-of-bitcoin/

Does everyone on this board read what they want to read, and skip past the facts. He was laundering money. Learn it.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
hi,

trying to solo mine using latest node-cryptonote-pool installed locally and few rigs with 750ti and 6970.

if I sum up hash rate shown in the miner windows I get total hash rate around 12.5 kh/s, but the pool web gui shows only avg. total rate of 8-9 kh/s.

what could be the reason in the mismatch of hash rates ?
kbm
Activity: 84
doopity zab

What are you doing here besides being a concern troll?

Can you name even five things, outside of making potentially buckets of money, that you like about Monero right now? I can come up with many.

Currently, you've come up with about 19 posts describing exactly how crappy you think Monero is .. but you're still here. Why?

It seems like you have a strong dislike for this currency, but continue to come back. You've given no positive input .. so you're either a troll, a liar, insane, incapable of correctly describing your feelings, or just a pretty confused person in general.

I'm thinking you're a troll .. so I've adjusted your quotation appropriately for now.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
There are many new commits, where I can look at changeset summary?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
"Mainstream" is not well defined.  Debating about it is therefore a waste of time.  You can spend bitcoins pretty much anywhere in the u.s. if you know how.  We are still early adopters, and will be for a couple of years at least.
Activity: 565
Merit: 500

What?? Bitcoin isn't going to $4000 anytime soon. Did you not know that a trading bot for MtGox made the price go to even $1,200? It was buying Bitcoins with fake cash on the exchange through a loophole every 5 minutes, that's what made the price get so high....With Mtgox gone, don't expect Bitcoin to go over $1,000 for a long time....it hasn't even begun to become mainstream yet.

Do you have a source?

As far as not being mainstream. That's debatable seeing how the Winklevoss Brothers have invested a ton and are putting it on the NASDAQ. And Pantera Capital has investors for $96 million.

Just for a quick read

http://willyreport.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/the-willy-report-proof-of-massive-fraudulent-trading-activity-at-mt-gox-and-how-it-has-affected-the-price-of-bitcoin/
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Its always easy to say GTFO when you don't want to hear reality. Seriously, if you are happy with "analyzing white paper" as the major progress on this development in the last month, power on. I think its a pretty ugly sign of either lack of development effort or ability.

Wow, so lame! I am pretty much thinking at this point that the "dev team" is not capable of progressing much on this. Four weeks and still analyzing the white paper?! WTF.
No major progress in the last two weeks? This is sick.

You are more than welcome to contribute your coding skills. Otherwise, STFU and/or GTFO. Moron!  /sorry, but so sick of morons here lol. :\
dude was laundering money, everyone knows it. Not trying to drive price up. it was just the by product cause the guy was an idiot who didn't have a clue about money and exchanges.

Do you have a source?

Bitcoin isnt even very useful for buying things from local stores. The sign of it going mainstream is when it starts being accepted everywhere on the internet. Expedia and newegg are big steps in that direction.

And ebay, paypal, overstock, dish network, dominoes(pizza for coins), Zynga, Virgin, Tesla, 4Chag, Reddit. and the list is going to only get bigger
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

Do you have a source?

Bitcoin isnt even very useful for buying things from local stores. The sign of it going mainstream is when it starts being accepted everywhere on the internet. Expedia and newegg are big steps in that direction.

Do you have a source?

Activity: 770
Yo we need to be buying here, .0035 is a nice base to form after the big drop. A further crash can do some mid-term damage ? Those selling now are the quick-buckers, lets get these cheap coins into competant hands.

Yeah, 0035 will probably hold pretty well, unless BTC takes off.  If BTC goes to 4k, it could go as low as 002, but no lower i think.  In a post-bubble malaise, it may offer some hedging value.  If BTC goes to 4k by august, and xmr to 002, i may rotate 80% of my crypto into xmr.  by the time BTC gets back to 2k, xmr should be 004 again.  it's a hypothetical scenario that has some internally consistent logic, that's all.  we'll see.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Yo we need to be buying here, .0035 is a nice base to form after the big drop. A further crash can do some mid-term damage ? Those selling now are the quick-buckers, lets get these cheap coins into competant hands.

Yeah, 0035 will probably hold pretty well, unless BTC takes off.  If BTC goes to 4k, it could go as low as 002, but no lower i think.  In a post-bubble malaise, it may offer some hedging value.  If BTC goes to 4k by august, and xmr to 002, i may rotate 80% of my crypto into xmr.  by the time BTC gets back to 2k, xmr should be 004 again.  it's a hypothetical scenario that has some internally consistent logic, that's all.  we'll see.
Activity: 502
Merit: 251
Yo we need to be buying here, .0035 is a nice base to form after the big drop. A further crash can do some mid-term damage ? Those selling now are the quick-buckers, lets get these cheap coins into competent hands.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Reason is because Monero doesnt have an official GUI yet. There are GUI wallets you can use, but they're not the "official"  monero gui wallet.

I seriously doubt that. I think it's already priced in. People are not so dumb to value the currency completely differently if there is "official" on the name of the GUI or not.
To me it's like mintpal, everybody was like "it will skyrocket", but in fact this was completely integrated in the price already.

You overestimate how dumb people are.

Any sort of news can send a coin skyrocketing or crashing in the world of cryptocoins... incase you haven't noticed.

absolutely. if a full qt based wallet came out that wasnt' bug ridden, this coin would probably take off big, but thats just speculation of course. i do understand and fully back the technology behind it either way - this is NOT a btc clone, it's completely new and amazing! .. so i'm hodl'ing. Smiley

Activity: 770

Reason is because Monero doesnt have an official GUI yet. There are GUI wallets you can use, but they're not the "official"  monero gui wallet.

I seriously doubt that. I think it's already priced in. People are not so dumb to value the currency completely differently if there is "official" on the name of the GUI or not.
To me it's like mintpal, everybody was like "it will skyrocket", but in fact this was completely integrated in the price already.

You overestimate how dumb people are.

Any sort of news can send a coin skyrocketing or crashing in the world of cryptocoins... incase you haven't noticed.
Activity: 119
Wow, so lame! I am pretty much thinking at this point that the "dev team" is not capable of progressing much on this. Four weeks and still analyzing the white paper?! WTF.

Look at XC moderated thread for example, and you will consider what's actually WTF Smiley Closed source & censored discussion Smiley

If you can here - study a source and contribute a commit!
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Yes, I'm wondering how these people make it to the end of the bed in the morning. Every day I must demand field-leveling advancements that encompass redefining reality itself.

To settle for anything less means that the developers are completely incompetent and lazy. We should clearly all get torches and start a witch hunt.

Seriously, if you're planning on developing this coin you'd best make sure you hand me a million bitcoins first because I took all the risk here by mining and investing in your open-source coin. Then you can ask me for permission to develop this open-source software, because I felt forced to giving you my infinitely valuable attention.

Only after all of my demands have been met will I even consider allowing you to grace my pristine presence in this thread all my like-minded peers, and I'll also think about allowing you to compile binaries for us to use in which I will continue to acquire infinite money and bitches.

If people aren't constantly forced to, at least once every single day, stop dead in their tracks and re-consider their place in the universe thanks to the incredible achievements of such beautiful minds as the Monero development team well I just don't know what I'd do.

Everything they do is horrible, it sucks, I hate it, the world hates it, clearly we should just complain to them until everything gets better....

...is what I would say if I were some kind of pompous assbag.

Haha, nice post.
Activity: 532

You are more than welcome to contribute your coding skills. Otherwise, STFU and/or GTFO. Moron!  /sorry, but so sick of morons here lol. :\

I couldnt say it better.

Heres a quote from Gavin Andresen (Bitcoin) which fits perfectly:
“Do not treat the core development team as if we were a commercial company that sold you a software library. That is not how open source works; if you are making a profit using the software, you are expected to help develop, debug, test, and review it.”

PS: We have around 4-5k+ (!) changes on all our branches combined the last weeks.

Check Neos latest Pull request here: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/pull/58 "+4,490 additions −1,189 deletions + Files changed 52"

Hes prolly one of those Bytecoin fake accounts, so just ingnore.
Jump to: