Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1775. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
MoneroPool.org is back! 0% fees for now.

Please add it to the OP

Nice this is the pool I started out with. The damn DDoS was just to much, hopefully they have figured out the protection.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
MoneroPool.org is back! 0% fees for now.

Please add it to the OP
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Good news keep coming:

people have put alot of BTC to that vote, considerable compared to actual votes.

Looking forward to the Mintpal pump.

We'll have a trading volume > 3000 BTC on the first or second day imo.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
I'm really glad "they are doing the best they can", but I think botnets have a significant part in moneros hashrate. And THAT'S NOT GOOD AT ALL.
We can’t let viruses and trojans control the currency.

As long as they don't collude in an attack, it just makes the security of the network stronger.  What bothers me is that they profit from theft.  I still like whitelisting.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Monero is at .0062, I feel like slapping myself. Wish I had bought some more earlier..I only have 20 moneros.. ):

You're still in time to buy. Monero is the next to be added in mintpal and you know what that means.

You shouldnt promote monero by saying that it is going to be on mintpal and thats why it will grow. That looks like a pump and dump. You should read and understand what monero is and what it does and promote it with that reasoning...

Regardless of PR, liquidity events are huge in crypto world.  In order for price discovery to be efficient, the bandwidth of the social and technical channels by which value (be it fiat or btc) flow into the currency must be as large as the demand interface.  Right now the bandwidth is relatively narrow, being largely defined by PLX.  A forthcoming liquidity event is likely to increase the price substantially, as it has in the past, with this and other coins.  We can hope that it will not cause price to spike beyond sustainable supply and demand balance, but it is the nature of these things to be volatile in their infancy.  XMR has actually been very well-behaved, considering its current size.
Activity: 509
Merit: 500

Thanks for waiting and reporting! All payouts have been made out successfully Smiley

On the side note, the Extermehash XMR pool has been updated to newer hardware and tweaked with better code. We're getting blocks very consistently and with lots of luck. Feel free to drop by #extremehash on Freenode and hang out, my IRC nick is wildstrangething.

Support decentralization, pop by the Extremehash pool!

www.extremehash.com

thx to you , for good support

You rock! Thank you!
Activity: 280
Who cares?
There is a countdown now for the pool update:
http://countingdownto.com/countdown/new-monero-pool-code-release-countdown-clock

Once this is released and all pool owners update, there should be cheaper pool fees for everyone, no more blockchain dust spamming, and no more exponential increases in the size of the blockchain with pool mining.

Thanks again to you and the devs for your hard work. 
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

What else but Monero could be such a trouble to implement ? Tongue

Haha i thought it was not Monero but yeah this sure makes chances in favor of it!
Activity: 994
How about if this coin change bitcoin?

Very small foot print compared to Bitcoin. The implimentation is more difficult and needs work, but fully possibly considering future changes.
Activity: 687
novag
How about if this coin change bitcoin?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
great !! is this a fix for current zone117x's pool source or something new ?

Fix, it'll be a major github commit at that time.
Activity: 300
http://countingdownto.com/countdown/new-monero-pool-code-release-countdown-clock

Once this is released and all pool owners update, there should be cheaper pool fees for everyone, no more blockchain dust spamming, and no more exponential increases in the size of the blockchain with pool mining.

great !! is this a fix for current zone117x's pool source or something new ?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

Activity: 994
Good news keep coming:

people have put alot of BTC to that vote, considerable compared to actual votes.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Botnets shouldn't matter at all to a coin. They are just the same as "real" miners dumping coins. As long as there are reasons for the user base to grow and use the coin, then it doesn't matter the source of the mining at all. Unless you are a miner trying to compete with bots for short term profit of course.

CPU mined coins are subject to botnets by definition. However, this is not what you want for the coin you're mining or investing in. Large botnet share means that the majority of the coins is obtained by the scammers and is likely to be dumped. This can't be good for the long term development because the coins are spread not among the devs or users, but are obtained by botnet holders.

How much is the case for Monero? I really believe that not all of the spikes are due to botnets, but at least some of them could be.

Are botnets just those trading robots ?

botnets are groups of infected computers that can be remotely controlled, but this point is largely moot since gpu mining exists and will likely be refined/optimized in the near future.
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
Good news keep coming:

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

What else but Monero could be such a trouble to implement ? Tongue
Activity: 666

Thanks for waiting and reporting! All payouts have been made out successfully Smiley

On the side note, the Extermehash XMR pool has been updated to newer hardware and tweaked with better code. We're getting blocks very consistently and with lots of luck. Feel free to drop by #extremehash on Freenode and hang out, my IRC nick is wildstrangething.

Support decentralization, pop by the Extremehash pool!

www.extremehash.com

thx to you , for good support
Activity: 364
Botnets shouldn't matter at all to a coin. They are just the same as "real" miners dumping coins. As long as there are reasons for the user base to grow and use the coin, then it doesn't matter the source of the mining at all. Unless you are a miner trying to compete with bots for short term profit of course.

CPU mined coins are subject to botnets by definition. However, this is not what you want for the coin you're mining or investing in. Large botnet share means that the majority of the coins is obtained by the scammers and is likely to be dumped. This can't be good for the long term development because the coins are spread not among the devs or users, but are obtained by botnet holders.

How much is the case for Monero? I really believe that not all of the spikes are due to botnets, but at least some of them could be.

Are botnets just those trading robots ?
Jump to: