Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1777. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
How soon will this "blockchain bloat" issue be addressed/corrected?

Boolberry team did it. Monero just need to adapt the fix.
No reason to not do it. It is just a matter of time.
No rush.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260

simplewallet.exe can be seen as a "thin client", it manages wallets and broadcast transactions to bitmonerod.exe.

I think it is possible to host deamon on a remote server, hence we could achieve a real light weight client.

It's not a trustless solution Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
wow sooo many trolls = good sign...people are scared!

good.
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1010
Hi guys, I wish to know if the limits of CoinJoin described in the following article apply also to Monero?
http://www.coindesk.com/blockchains-sharedcoin-users-can-identified-says-security-expert/
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Monero blockchain grew to 1 Gb in one month and it's a pain to sync, and only a few people use it now, imagine what would happen when/if it gets more popular. Do you think that Monero alone won't fly due to syncing and storing issues if everyone uses the same cryptonote currency?

In my opinion, a few cryptonote currencies will become popular and interexchangeable, since the code is shared, and users would need to download only one of the blockchains. The userbase and transactions are thus split into a few smaller blockchains instead of one huge and everyone chooses their favorite flavor, like linux OSes, with every flavor taking 20-30% of total marketcap of cryptonote currencies.

It's just a pain to wait for it to be fully synced if you only open it once every few days and have to wait 20-30 mins before you can use it. For now it's just pumping at exchanges as many people don't even bother with withdrawing, especially since there is no GUI and they are only speculators. What do you think of this?

I was thinking of this as well. What if a multibit version of the monero qt wallet was made? Where only the important parts of the blockchain are stored, so much less space is needed for the monero multibit/lightweight wallet.

Is a thin client even possible with cryptonote currencies? Let the devs answer this.

How soon will this "blockchain bloat" issue be addressed/corrected?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Is a thin client even possible with cryptonote currencies? Let the devs answer this.

simplewallet.exe can be seen as a "thin client", it manages wallets and broadcast transactions to bitmonerod.exe.

I think it is possible for to host deamon on a remote server, hence we could achieve a real light weight client. Let's wait dev give some opinion about this  Smiley

Hey, just wondering is this normal that when i'm trying to synchronisize with network (I'm doing it without blockchain, will download it while updating) got this error? And the days, blocks numbers is not lessen. You can see somewhere is 2days, then again 52days. I'm waiting about 2h.Maybe I should first download blockchain file and then try to synchronisize bitmonerod with network?

It's quite annoying but nothing to worry about. Your client was flooding other's peer with too many connection and got rejected.

Oh, I felt better. But what about this things writted in the red color? I don't think that is normal :? And how long i will need to wait? About 5hours or less? Screenshot again
Activity: 294
Let me break this down for you:

1) Top EC2 instance has around 700 hash/sec. -- Wrong
2) Each of the instances costs more than $1000 per month ($33 per day) -- Wrong
3) It's very unlikely that it could happen in 2 days. -- Wrong

Your math may be right, but your inputs are all wrong. Botnets can't come anywhere near EC2.

Let's check.

http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/

c3.8xlarge is $1.680 per Hour, which is $40 per day. Sorry, I was all wrong, it's even worse than I was writing.

3) It's very unlikely that it could happen in 2 days. -- Wrong

It would be a nightmare to get the limit and set up 2,800 servers. Is there a shortcut?

Rias, you have got to be one of the biggest trolls I have seen in a long time. You are the worst kind of person, you know that?
Activity: 300

I think it is possible to host deamon on a remote server, hence we could achieve a real light weight client. Let's wait dev give some opinion about this  Smiley

Hey, just wondering is this normal that when i'm trying to synchronisize with network (I'm doing it without blockchain, will download it while updating) got this error? And the days, blocks numbers is not lessen. You can see somewhere is 2days, then again 52days. I'm waiting about 2h.Maybe I should first download blockchain file and then try to synchronisize bitmonerod with network?

It's quite annoying but nothing to worry about. Your client was flooding other's peer with too many connection and got rejected.
Activity: 98
Monero blockchain grew to 1 Gb in one month and it's a pain to sync, and only a few people use it now, imagine what would happen when/if it gets more popular. Do you think that Monero alone won't fly due to syncing and storing issues if everyone uses the same cryptonote currency?

In my opinion, a few cryptonote currencies will become popular and interexchangeable, since the code is shared, and users would need to download only one of the blockchains. The userbase and transactions are thus split into a few smaller blockchains instead of one huge and everyone chooses their favorite flavor, like linux OSes, with every flavor taking 20-30% of total marketcap of cryptonote currencies.

It's just a pain to wait for it to be fully synced if you only open it once every few days and have to wait 20-30 mins before you can use it. For now it's just pumping at exchanges as many people don't even bother with withdrawing, especially since there is no GUI and they are only speculators. What do you think of this?

I was thinking of this as well. What if a multibit version of the monero qt wallet was made? Where only the important parts of the blockchain are stored, so much less space is needed for the monero multibit/lightweight wallet.

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

I was thinking of this as well. What if a multibit version of the monero qt wallet was made? Where only the important parts of the blockchain are stored like with Bitcoin's multibit wallet, so much less space is needed for the monero multibit/lightweight wallet.

Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
At http://pool.cryptoescrow.eu after moving to our New servers and updating the Configuration we have 0% orphans and we plan to keep it that way!
All thanks to Wolf0 and great server support.
Everyone is very welcome to join us!
0% orphan rate is impossible. You probably have an orphan rate just under 1% like everyone else.
Activity: 94
At http://pool.cryptoescrow.eu after moving to our New servers and updating the Configuration we have 0% orphans and we plan to keep it that way!
All thanks to Wolf0 and great server support.
Everyone is very welcome to join us!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Monero is at .0062, I feel like slapping myself. Wish I had bought some more earlier..I only have 20 moneros.. ):

You're still in time to buy. Monero is the next to be added in mintpal and you know what that means.

You shouldnt promote monero by saying that it is going to be on mintpal and thats why it will grow. That looks like a pump and dump. You should read and understand what monero is and what it does and promote it with that reasoning...
Activity: 91
Monero is at .0062, I feel like slapping myself. Wish I had bought some more earlier..I only have 20 moneros.. ):

You're still in time to buy. Monero is the next to be added in mintpal and you know what that means.
legendary

Did you contact the admin of the pool ?
The original pool code is full of bugs, if the admin doesn't fix the issues you could be mining for nothing.
Activity: 770

And you'll slap yourself again later to not buy now.

Haha, I know, I just did a wire transfer to buy btc, so it might take a while damn.
Activity: 666
Merit: 500
legendary

And you'll slap yourself again later to not buy now.

Jump to: