Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1784. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 502
How can I change the password on an encrypted wallet? Does this function even exist in cryptonote?
Activity: 499
Merit: 250
Im new to xmr i mined few hours i got the Total Paid: 0.474243738741 XMR but in my wallet still its showing 0.000000000 ... what to do ? pls help me
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Grin We will be listed at MP next Mondat Cheesy

Is this confirmed?
Mintpal chooses most voted every monday, so it happens if XMR keeps its #1 spot in the list.

Yeah but considering the extra coding that would go into adding a CN coin...?
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
How different is monero to cloak other than cloak having a GUI ?
Cloak uses centralized mixing to achieve nothing, whereas XMR uses trustless ring signatures to achieve anonymity.

This is so notable, and yet lost on so many at the moment.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0

Is this confirmed?
Mintpal chooses most voted every monday, so it happens if XMR keeps its #1 spot in the list.
Activity: 364
It seems like Cloakcoin is getting listed on Mintpal even though it isn't number 1 on thier list - Does this mean monero won't be listed yet ?
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Cloak uses centralized mixing to achieve nothing, whereas XMR uses trustless ring signatures to achieve anonymity.
legendary
Activity: 1498

Is this confirmed?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Long term Monero price can be 200$ ore even more if Bitcoin keep rising.

If Bitcoin keeps rising the sky's the limit!

And if bitcoin falls, prepare for interstellar space.

Does this imply you think XMR to be the most likely used hedge against a falling BTC or are you just noodling around?

Almost none of the failure modes of bitcoin apply to monero because the code base and algorithms and development teams are about as close to non-overlapping as you can get.
Also, they are best suited to distinct markets, bitcoin to the transparent instant global liquidity market, and monero to the dark instant global liquidity market. 
Monero is capable of fulfilling almost all use-cases for bitcoin qua currency.  If bitcoin fails, I imagine most of that usage would move to monero, if monero were the clear runner-up at that time.

I don't see it as a very efficient hedge right now, because speculative activity will correlate highly, but it is definitely a diversification in the portfolio-effect sense, and in some scenarios it could become a nearly perfect hedge.
Does mintpal list coins that either get voted or PAY to be listed?? Does it list the 2nd coin on the list ?
Activity: 574
Yes we will!!! Just keep on voting....
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Does this imply you think XMR to be the most likely used hedge against a falling BTC or are you just noodling around?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
[...]

This is actually not their fault. The wallet is not mempool aware at the moment, so if a tx falls out the mempool (no miners mine it because maybe it's malformed or has the wrong fee or whatever) then the wallet doesn't know that those outputs are now unspent. It's on our list of things to fix ASAP!

Good to hear you're on it, because it can be very confusing to anyone who doesn't know how things work, and annoying in any case!

Today I got a lot of "COMPLETE: ERROR" from poloniex, even when sending in smaller chunks. I guess their wallet is too dusty because of small deposits.

Fixing these two things is very important, as having something rock solid *at least for an exchange operator* is pretty much mandatory.

For the second problem, is it the "auto split" of too big transactions that is going to help?

Yes - the auto-split will make sure that the chance of a failed tx is minimal:)
donator
I've been playing with simplewallet.exe. Sometimes when I try to transfer monero from one wallet to another the client complains that the transaction is too large. When I try again it works. Is the transaction building logic not deterministic? I guess this comes down to the RNG? Why not try a few more in the event of the transaction being too large?

It's not deterministic, it's random and depending on the mixin count it will use other *random* inputs, so it's never going to be the same. What you're experiencing is definitely an interesting edge-case given your mix of inputs, most of the time no amount of fiddling with different inputs will get a transaction to fit:)

If you haven't already, read this week's Monero Missive, as we show off transaction auto-splitting (which is also available for testing if you're able to compile Monero).

Sending xmr for that peer review:

Quote from: Peer Review
Such speed, much wow

Grin

Edit: Sent - Money successfully sent, transaction

lol - glad you enjoyed that:) Thanks!
donator
Activity: 368
OP bittrex market link is broken. Heres the correct one: https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XMR
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
P.S. Ask about more features and tell us about bugs!

Cool update!

Any chance you could get him to put HR in the widget?

What do you think about difficulty derived from the monerochain data also?

Sending a couple xmr for the update Smiley

edit: sent - Money successfully sent, transaction <2d8a6997dfd831cc18b9752191072867bdf70177d611ece7e33f96dcce602a40>
Activity: 840
Jump to: