Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1836. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Whoops, I hadn't realized fluffypony doesn't have the Windows blockchain. I'll start updating these on the OP again.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Im on Windows 7 starter 32bit. This was never a issue with the previous deamon/wallet.

The deamon sync in its normal slow time. If I sync everyday then the deamon will take about 1/2hr to sync but this problem with simple wallet is unbearable

The issue is due to both stealth addressing and the tx dust from the pool software, which is still being fixed. In a CryptoNote coin, you must test each transaction output to check to see if it is owned by your private key. Therefore, as more tx emerge, it takes longer to scan the blockchain.

One hour for 1000 blocks is much, much too slow (should be ~50x faster). Either he's on an ancient computer or something is wrong with the latest 32-bit build.

I'm guessing maybe low on RAM?
Im on Windows 7 starter 32bit. This was never a issue with the previous deamon/wallet.

The deamon sync in its normal slow time. If I sync everyday then the deamon will take about 1/2hr to sync but this problem with simple wallet is unbearable

The issue is due to both stealth addressing and the tx dust from the pool software, which is still being fixed. In a CryptoNote coin, you must test each transaction output to check to see if it is owned by your private key. Therefore, as more tx emerge, it takes longer to scan the blockchain.

One hour for 1000 blocks is much, much too slow (should be ~50x faster). Either he's on an ancient computer or something is wrong with the latest 32-bit build.
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
Thats what used to happen too for me 1min/1000 blocks re simple wallet. The deamon was always the slow part now the wallet is just trickling and I am also having the unusable internet problem with the deamon that I suspect is affecting the wallet.

And that the least of it. Im using the latest 32bit deamon & simple wallet.

I waited for my deamon to sync  and now simple wallet is taking forever to update

Message on simple wallet is 'Height 75701 of 82689' and though its catching up its taking about 1hr per 1000 blk height. This makes my wallet usable.

It takes a minute or so per 1000 blocks for me. What CPU and OS are you using?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Anyone know what is going on with monero.crypto-pool.fr

I have been hashing there with 1.3Khash for a few days.  For the last ~24 hours I have received only ~0.2 XMR total to my wallet.

Apparently they were under a DDoS attack for 24hours so lost a lot of hashing, hopefully this sort of thing isnt going to spread to other pools as it doesn't achieve much other than to waste miner's time. Getting a pool up and running reliably takes a lot more than just slapping the open source pool code up on a server (trust me, I've spent a lot of time on making cryptonotepool.org.uk reliable), having to then spend more time and money on DDoS protection doesnt benefit anyone.

Btw, I've heard that everyone mining at moneropool.com got paid out and didnt lose any shares after their wallet problem yesterday, in case anyone was wondering.
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Who opposes merged mining with Fantomcoin where Monero is the donor chain and Fantomcoin is the merged mining chain?

I waited for my deamon to sync  and now simple wallet is taking forever to update

Message on simple wallet is 'Height 75701 of 82689' and though its catching up its taking about 1hr per 1000 blk height. This makes my wallet usable.

It takes a minute or so per 1000 blocks for me. What CPU and OS are you using?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
I am now a computer genius as I am now mining Grin

With my dual core pentium my hashrate is ~23 Grin Grin Grin

@hughjays77 I had an issue with the daemon that closing and opening it resolved.  Maybe it would work with the wallet.

I thought once my deamon synced then the wallet would just auto sync immediately

Can anyone help ?

I find the wallet syncing not only to take a ridiculous amount of time downloading less than 80 megs for 24h~ worth of blochain updates, but it makes the interent connection unusable, and with unusable - I mean exactly that, it strugles to load a simple google front page. What exactly is going on when it needs 45 mins + to download less than 80 megs, that is some serious skill to get it to complely hog up my 2mbit connection, yet not actually utilizing the available download bandwidth to actually DL the block chain in a reasonable amount of time.
Activity: 601
Error executing the 64bit linux version (Ubuntu 13.10): Illegal instruction
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Deterministic wallets have been merged back into master. The bug seemed to be an issue with the Microsoft 2012 VC compiler, and using the 2013 compiler seemed to fix these issues.
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
MoneroPool.org is increasing fees to 1% on June 9th. 20% of fees go to
Code:
46BeWrHpwXmHDpDEUmZBWZfoQpdc6HaERCNmx1pEYL2rAcuwufPN9rXHHtyUA4QVy66qeFQkn6sfK8aHYjA3jk3o1Bv16em
Payments are listed at http://moneropool.org/payments/

First payment was 16 XMR out of 80 XMR fees.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
The Wallet I was mentioning was the Mac OS X 10.9 GUI Wallet:

If it is cross platform, maintainable and open source you might get crowd funding for it. Otherwise I doubt it. Best to stick with the 0.2% fee until a free GUI wallet becomes available. I frankly doubt 0.2% is going to net you much over that time period but everyone has a right to pick his own business model.

Activity: 601
I compiled the current git version (0.8.8.1) under Ubuntu 13.10.
Unfortunately the deterministic wallets are not available.
What's wrong?
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
I would argue that my 2 XMR bid was altruistic compared to your 250 XMR bid...I'm like a modern-day Ghandi, but with more curves (of the ECDSA kind, of course)  Grin

Meh... Altruistic in that you were essentially sponsoring a "pizza giveaway", but really, my wallet mind was set on the initiative standing for a "monero giveaway".  Embarrassed
I'll be happy to pay you a pizza just for the entertainment that I get here, but I confess that I'd be happiest if the pizza auction had earned me the winning ticket to the 'let's spread some monero around' initiative!  Wink

On to more important matters: I hear there's an (open source) GUI wallet coming soon?
Cheers,
~ Myagui

At this time I can neither confirm nor deny that any work is being done one a GUI wallet.

Just kidding, it is a work-in-progress, but we're a ways off from anything usable and solid:)
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Whats a good hashrate for CPU, and GPU, and how does profitability compare to other big alts right now?
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
I would argue that my 2 XMR bid was altruistic compared to your 250 XMR bid...I'm like a modern-day Ghandi, but with more curves (of the ECDSA kind, of course)  Grin

Meh... Altruistic in that you were essentially sponsoring a "pizza giveaway", but really, my wallet mind was set on the initiative standing for a "monero giveaway".  Embarrassed
I'll be happy to pay you a pizza just for the entertainment that I get here, but I confess that I'd be happiest if the pizza auction had earned me the winning ticket to the 'let's spread some monero around' initiative!  Wink

On to more important matters: I hear there's an (open source) GUI wallet coming soon?
Cheers,
~ Myagui
Activity: 770
How many moneros do you guys have??

....Just got my first one LOL, wish i had more bitcoin to buy more tho.

Jump to: