Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1838. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Is there a fundamental problem in Monero system and pool implementation on minergate.com ?
In last 20h all blocks found there have rewards between 0.3 and 2.5XMR
This is absurd to be claimed for "bad luck"
Take a look https://minergate.com/pool-stats/mro
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
To Monero devs and enthusiasts.

Do you think there is a reputable and trustworthy individual among you who would be interested to set up an exchange buro of Moneros on the NXT Asset Exchange? I noticed, not many centralized exchanges are willing to create XMR/BTC trading pairs, due to Monero differences in software from Bitcoin forks.

NXT AE allows someone to operate as an exchange buro and profit from setting the price of an asset and charge redemption commissions.
Since I really like NXT, this catches my attention. I will consider it.

Poloniex is down, can't trade Sad
Really need to add Monero on to NXT AE to keep trading live 24/7, that will boost demand. These centralized exchanges are so unreliable.
xa4
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Hello monero,

I have following question. Is it possible to open blockchain.bin (I use win7, so mine is located in %appdata%/roaming/bitmonero) with some database tool ?
I would like to extract all relevant info from blockchain.bin, like difficulty, height, ... and make my own graphs for research. I would like to know if this is possible so I don't have to rely on an API (like monerochain.info's API).
I also wonder how one can know the network's hashing rate. Do you have to calculate it from the difficulty at every blockheight, or is there some other way ?

Thx.
You can type "diff" into bitmonerod and this will give you difficulty and estimated hashrate. Estimated hashrate = difficulty / 60

Super, thx man.
Is there a simple way to automatically write this data at every blockheight to a .txt or .csv file ?
xa4
Hello monero,

I have following question. Is it possible to open blockchain.bin (I use win7, so mine is located in %appdata%/roaming/bitmonero) with some database tool ?
I would like to extract all relevant info from blockchain.bin, like difficulty, height, ... and make my own graphs for research. I would like to know if this is possible so I don't have to rely on an API (like monerochain.info's API).
I also wonder how one can know the network's hashing rate. Do you have to calculate it from the difficulty at every blockheight, or is there some other way ?

Thx.

Not yet. IIRC team is working on some database nature of blockchain. But you can explore every block and build your own database for research.

OK, thx for the info.
legendary
Activity: 1428
getmonero.org
why is there a folder called bitmonero, monero sounds way fucking better.

the name of the coin is monero, it just inherited the bitmonero folder and bitmonerod.exe from the first version.

It will change soon.
Activity: 99
XMR is the future.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Hello monero,

Thx.
You can type "diff" into bitmonerod and this will give you difficulty and estimated hashrate. Estimated hashrate = difficulty / 60
legendary
getmonero.org
This coin needs a GUI so bad. Id freaking pay the devs 10 grand to make one

You can send a few XMR to the GUI bounty and i guess you may speed things a bit...
pfo
Activity: 27
Merit: 0

If you pay me the 10 grand, I will remove the 0.2% fee from the Mac wallet on http://mropool.org (direct link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/cnywy3xsncfgcfq/Monero%20Wallet-0.2.zip).

You can send it to (XMR): 49Y69CBLmKxd51cKiCcVewe4VUo17zUnWEEyNAgjoUTSepgdgjYMevMa4dY9qHVzMmVWCbhx2Z8CQao 1xS1bWJRKDssysgD

Thanks  Grin
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
bitmonero is such a shit name. why is there a folder called bitmonero, monero sounds way fucking better.

bitmonero my ass.(no homo)
Activity: 856
Following this coin for some time now  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Hello monero,

Thx.

Not yet. IIRC team is working on some database nature of blockchain. But you can explore every block and build your own database for research.
xa4
Hello monero,

Thx.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Hey guys,

I installed the new 11 june win64 binaries(just copy pasted over my old ones, like I mostly do) and I try to start bitmonerod to sync the network, but it seems like it never syncs, and on top of that, it SRSLY hang my network bandwith, like 90%. what is wrong?

Can you pastebin the output from the daemon?
im sry u mean the .txt file? its mostly this"Sync data returned unknown top block: 81531 -> 81902" and keeps going on.... the real problem is it hangs my network! I was successfully using the last edition like 12 hours ago! and I cant find the old version of exe anymore because OP updated it... :/

That means it's catching up - it WILL use all the available bandwidth till its caught up, there's no rate-limiting on it.

Remember: Monero is still alpha-level software and is not ready for widespread use or in situations where bandwidth is limited. A lightweight SPV-style client will only happen in the future once we've made everything a lot more robust and stable and workable:)

I have been following monero since its launch. This bitmonerod behavior is not normal, after the update it got buged. I will let it update, but filling up an entire 30/2,5 vdsl line for some 12 hours worth of synching bytes is not normal. It is the first time the exe behaves like that. Plz do fix asap.

edit: apparently it synced, but leaving the bitmonerod open appears to have detrimental effect on the network, im not sure whether this was the case before.

Yep i have the same problem. If i run bitmonerod i cant do anything else on the internet...

I have been trying to set up Monero for the first time and got up to downloading blockchain.bin.  When I moved tied to the bitmonero folder as per the monero talk tutorial I did not see it in the bitmonero folder only the text file as it started to sync.  As it was taking a while I went to sleep and upon waking up I was still 3 days behind.  I haven't yet set up the wallet. 

And yes I can't do much with my computer except use this forum.  I use my computer for work and missed a few hours last night.  Can't wait till it finishes syncing.  Only 1 day behind now yeah!!
Activity: 280
Who cares?
Hey guys,

I installed the new 11 june win64 binaries(just copy pasted over my old ones, like I mostly do) and I try to start bitmonerod to sync the network, but it seems like it never syncs, and on top of that, it SRSLY hang my network bandwith, like 90%. what is wrong?

im sry u mean the .txt file? its mostly this"Sync data returned unknown top block: 81531 -> 81902" and keeps going on.... the real problem is it hangs my network! I was successfully using the last edition like 12 hours ago! and I cant find the old version of exe anymore because OP updated it... :/

That means it's catching up - it WILL use all the available bandwidth till its caught up, there's no rate-limiting on it.

Remember: Monero is still alpha-level software and is not ready for widespread use or in situations where bandwidth is limited. A lightweight SPV-style client will only happen in the future once we've made everything a lot more robust and stable and workable:)

I have been following monero since its launch. This bitmonerod behavior is not normal, after the update it got buged. I will let it update, but filling up an entire 30/2,5 vdsl line for some 12 hours worth of synching bytes is not normal. It is the first time the exe behaves like that. Plz do fix asap.

edit: apparently it synced, but leaving the bitmonerod open appears to have detrimental effect on the network, im not sure whether this was the case before.

I've been having these exact same issues, but it started before the latest updates.
legendary
getmonero.org
Hey guys,

Yep i have the same problem. If i run bitmonerod i cant do anything else on the internet...
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter
Hey guys,

Activity: 45
Merit: 1
Hi, I have problem with the GUI Wallet , i cant syncronice

" 2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.198170 Starting...
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.200170 bitmonero v0.8.8.1(0.1-g328a52a)
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.200170 Module folder: C:\MONERO\monero.win.x64.experimental.0526\bitmonerod.exe
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.278175 Initializing p2p server...
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.282175 ERROR c:\temp\monero\git-experimental\bitmonero-0.8.8update-x64\src\p2p\net_node.inl:82 Exception at [node_server::init_config], what=input stream error
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.283175 ERROR c:\temp\monero\git-experimental\bitmonero-0.8.8update-x64\src\p2p\net_node.inl:204 Failed to init config.
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.283175 ERROR ..\..\src\daemon\daemon.cpp:148 Failed to initialize p2p server.
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.283175 Mining has been stopped, 0 finished "

Can anyone Help me please ??

Ty

That's a VERY old binary - you're going to have to upgrade to the latest version in the OP. Unfortunately we can't provide assistance with the GUI wallets, you're going to have to chat to their authors about it.

Gracias
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Hi, I have problem with the GUI Wallet , i cant syncronice

" 2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.198170 Starting...
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.200170 bitmonero v0.8.8.1(0.1-g328a52a)
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.200170 Module folder: C:\MONERO\monero.win.x64.experimental.0526\bitmonerod.exe
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.278175 Initializing p2p server...
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.282175 ERROR c:\temp\monero\git-experimental\bitmonero-0.8.8update-x64\src\p2p\net_node.inl:82 Exception at [node_server::init_config], what=input stream error
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.283175 ERROR c:\temp\monero\git-experimental\bitmonero-0.8.8update-x64\src\p2p\net_node.inl:204 Failed to init config.
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.283175 ERROR ..\..\src\daemon\daemon.cpp:148 Failed to initialize p2p server.
2014-Jun-12 14:03:36.283175 Mining has been stopped, 0 finished "

Can anyone Help me please ??

Ty

That's a VERY old binary - you're going to have to upgrade to the latest version in the OP. Unfortunately we can't provide assistance with the GUI wallets, you're going to have to chat to their authors about it.
Jump to: