Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1833. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 300
Merit: 250
XMR is now at #14 on voting list: https://www.mintpal.com/voting
Am i the only one here who doesn't like the idea of bribing Mintpal to be listed there ? Monero has its own innovation and uniqueness, wouldn't it better if we got listed automatically rather than winning the vote ?

Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Whats a good hashrate for CPU, and GPU, and how does profitability compare to other big alts right now?

Bump, can nobody answer this?
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I was initially mining at kippo.eu (~4.5 Khash). By simple arithmetic, the pool has about 1/1000 of the network hashpower, and if the network finds a block once per minute, the pool should find a block once per 1000 / 60 = 16 hours.

Unfortunately, the pool did not find a block in 184 hours, and having good reason to suspect a misbehaving pool, I went pool-shopping. What I noticed was that many other smaller pools *also* exhibit a lower-than-statistically-probably tendency to find blocks.

I thus moved to "moneropool.org" which has ~1/5 of network hashpower (that is too centralized for my liking!), and very much hope that the protocol is OK... because if the protocol (or commonly used mining software) somehow favours large pools somehow, that would be a problem, but I'm too new to Monero to research the possibility. Thus I'm just writing my observations here.
Small pools might not know when their daemons are stuck because they find blocks so inconsistently. Other possible issues could be they're using an outdated daemon or their ulimits aren't high enough.

The pool didn't have nearly that much hashrate for the majority of those 184 hours (most of the miners left after the last orphaned block  Roll Eyes) as I explained to you earlier, so your conclusions are not based on facts. The pool was under 1 KH/s for a majority of those 184 hours, which means your simple arithmetic is too simple, and therefore doesn't actually reflect reality.  Wink

Rest assured I have fiddled with the daemon enough to know when it's stuck and when it's not. Of course there's a possibility the daemon functions perfectly normally otherwise but fails inexplicably when a block is found?  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
I don't like the name of this coin. Can we maybe rename it to 'Darkcoin Lite' or something?

It should be named MuchMoreSuperiorThanDarkCoin  Cheesy
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Targetmoon is still using the old Monero logo.

Is there a 32x32px logo I can submit to them so they can update their coin list accordingly?
http://monero.cc/downloads/resources/branding.zip
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Small pools might not know when their daemons are stuck because they find blocks so inconsistently. Other possible issues could be they're using an outdated daemon or their ulimits aren't high enough.

Most likely this. Smaller pools should set a cron job to restart their daemon and wallet periodically, aside from raising ulimits.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
I was initially mining at kippo.eu (~4.5 Khash). By simple arithmetic, the pool has about 1/1000 of the network hashpower, and if the network finds a block once per minute, the pool should find a block once per 1000 / 60 = 16 hours.

Unfortunately, the pool did not find a block in 184 hours, and having good reason to suspect a misbehaving pool, I went pool-shopping. What I noticed was that many other smaller pools *also* exhibit a lower-than-statistically-probably tendency to find blocks.

I thus moved to "moneropool.org" which has ~1/5 of network hashpower (that is too centralized for my liking!), and very much hope that the protocol is OK... because if the protocol (or commonly used mining software) somehow favours large pools somehow, that would be a problem, but I'm too new to Monero to research the possibility. Thus I'm just writing my observations here.

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
I don't like the name of this coin. Can we maybe rename it to 'Darkcoin Lite' or something?

QUICK buy the domain from me before it's worth billions!

http://coindarkcoinlightcoin.coin
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
Targetmoon is still using the old Monero logo.

Is there a 32x32px logo I can submit to them so they can update their coin list accordingly?

legendary
Activity: 1554
It looks like Monero didn't affect SR seized coins & Bitcoin price. I was hoping to buy more at low prices.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

Either way, to Monero devs: I hope your cooperation with the I2P project goes productively. For me, ability to use a cryptocoin within a mix network would be a major feature.
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
Activity: 685
I had to restart the pool because the daemon got stuck, again.  Roll Eyes

There, we instantly found one after I restarted.

Now it seems OK. Thanks.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
I had to restart the pool because the daemon got stuck, again.  Roll Eyes

There, we instantly found one after I restarted.
Activity: 685
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Error executing the 64bit linux version (Ubuntu 13.10): Illegal instruction

are you executing wolf's miner? your cpu needs aes-ni.

No, the original simplewallet binary from OP Sad

I would install it from the source: http://monero.cc/getting-started/#install_source

Can you please point me to the link to the source code of simplewallet on that page I'm not able to find it ?

You just need to run:
Code:
 cd ~ && rm -f install_monero.sh && wget http://monero.cc/downloads/install_monero.sh && bash install_monero.sh
it'll compile the simplewallet for your system.

Source for simplewallet is here: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
who can help me
send mro from my wallet only 0.99   Cannot send more   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassedwho can help me

Have you had lots of small inputs to that address?
yes  is my mining address

The issue is the size of transactions from lots of small payouts, this is why you want to mine on a pool with a lower HR so you get less regular payouts but bigger payouts which means your inputs wont be so small. In this case you have no option but to try and send in smaller chunks.
I know
thanks very much
Activity: 798
who can help me
send mro from my wallet only 0.99   Cannot send more   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassedwho can help me

Have you had lots of small inputs to that address?
yes  is my mining address

The issue is the size of transactions from lots of small payouts, this is why you want to mine on a pool with a lower HR so you get less regular payouts but bigger payouts which means your inputs wont be so small. In this case you have no option but to try and send in smaller chunks.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Is cryptonotewallet working with Windows 64-bits binaries 0.8.8?
Jump to: