Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1857. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
hi,

i have been getting a lot of problems at write. an existing connection was forcibly closed by remote host.

i get this every day for the last week. can some one please advise.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Exchange adoption should be based on merit of the coin.  Paying for inclusion is shady at best.
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
Like Keyboard-Mash I also think its a good idea to keep the major annoucement such as "vote for new exchange" or "mandatory update" in the title. There are a lot of folks that dont have the time to read the whole thread each time.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I gave my vote and will probably even donate if this is the normal business behaviour and helps the project to succeed - I just was somewhat surprised that this is "normal" for adding a currency to a bigger exchange, thanks for clarification keyboard-mash.

Higher liquidity would be helpful and also the argument of not being a closed group with a small exchange is good. if it is consensus to get it on mintpal I am with the community.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
I mean seriously how do all these sh..coins get so many votes?
The votes are not removed each week, the coins on top have been voted on for months.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Hello, I'm glad to finally be a part of the beginnings of Monero. I see huge potential, and can't wait for it to be fully unleashed!

Mintpal voting here I come:  https://www.mintpal.com/voting#XMR
151 votes, we are almost in the middle of the list now.

is this bs really neccessary? - I mean seriously how do all these sh..coins get so many votes?

maybe monero should wait until mintpal adds them by themselves

I also think it is not neccessary to get this in the title
Three people asked "Vote on Mintpal" to be removed from the title and zero asked for keeping it.
It wiill be removed.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
wow - they receive payments for adding coins? just wow - I see the advantage of additional liquidity and the critique is not against the community. it is against the behaviour of mintpal to receive money for adding coins.

maybe I am naive but I believe in cryptocurrencies future and especially in projects which offer something which is worth investing. why does mintpal does not chose the coins traded on their exchange by themselves?

What do you think you're paying for? Just a listing fee. It happens to be higher at Mintpal than most other places. They happen to offer a better future than other places most of the time.

How much do you think it costs to get your currency onto something like FOREX? You think they do it out of the good of their hearts? I don't think so .. it's about money. They offer a valuable service and should be paid accordingly.

Maybe when there was like 50-100 cryptocurrencies I could say sure yeah why not add them all for free. There's well over 600 now. They need a way to separate the wheat from the chaff. This isn't a corrupt exchange taking bribes, this is a group of people looking to rightly captialize on your need of their service .. and that same group of people has found pretty much the only way to only efficiently stop shit coins in their tracks. Hardly anything to complain about

It's not the end of the world if the title says 'vote on mintpal' for a day or two while people celebrate awesome news .. get excited about something! Wink

I think it's great, and I've voted like 6 times already! I hope we keep the 'vote on Mintpal' for at least a day or two while the news goes around the world!
Activity: 6
There is no bugtracker so I just post compile error here.

Gentoo Linux AMD64 stable nomultilib desktop.

both latest git and 0.8.8 fails(using boost 1.53 and 1.55)

from 0.8.8 with boost 1.55

[ 50%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/wallet.dir/wallet/wallet_rpc_server.cpp.o
In file included from /home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet2.h:24:0,
                 from /home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet_rpc_server.h:11,
                 from /home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet_rpc_server.cpp:9:
/home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet_errors.h:123:12: error: looser throw specifier for ‘virtual tools::error::unexpected_txin_type::~unexpected_txin_type()’
/home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet_errors.h:115:12: error:   overriding ‘virtual tools::error::wallet_internal_error::~wallet_internal_error() noexcept (true)’
/home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet_errors.h:201:12: error: looser throw specifier for ‘virtual tools::error::acc_outs_lookup_error::~acc_outs_lookup_error()’
/home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet_errors.h:192:12: error:   overriding ‘virtual tools::error::refresh_error::~refresh_error() noexcept (true)’
In file included from /home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet2.h:24:0,
                 from /home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet_rpc_server.h:11,
                 from /home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet_rpc_server.cpp:9:
/home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet_errors.h:395:12: error: looser throw specifier for ‘virtual tools::error::tx_rejected::~tx_rejected()’
/home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet_errors.h:266:12: error:   overriding ‘virtual tools::error::transfer_error::~transfer_error() noexcept (true)’
/home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet_errors.h:451:12: error: looser throw specifier for ‘virtual tools::error::tx_too_big::~tx_too_big()’
/home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/src/wallet/wallet_errors.h:266:12: error:   overriding ‘virtual tools::error::transfer_error::~transfer_error() noexcept (true)’
make[3]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/wallet.dir/wallet/wallet_rpc_server.cpp.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/build/release'
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/wallet.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/build/release'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/anonymous/Downloads/monero2/bitmonero-0.8.8update/build/release'
make: *** [build-release] Error 2

Anyone know what this is? or have the same issue?
Activity: 994
why does mintpal does not chose the coins traded on their exchange by themselves?

I do believe they add some key coins without the need for vote but they make alot of money on votes, a rediculous amount and it doesnt take any effort to do it.
Activity: 59
wow - they receive payments for adding coins? just wow - I see the advantage of additional liquidity and the critique is not against the community. it is against the behaviour of mintpal to receive money for adding coins.

maybe I am naive but I believe in cryptocurrencies future and especially in projects which offer something which is worth investing. why does mintpal does not chose the coins traded on their exchange by themselves?

for moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Activity: 784
my xmr budget is cleared; so you can launch the rocket anytime soon i'll be good  Grin
Activity: 994
I think the sooner Monero is added to a big exchange, the better. So future users and trolls can't come along and say," Instamine, because a "small, selective" group of people were mining while it was on relatively few exchanges" It basically gives future trolls/fudsters less no ammo.

This reminds me of another cryptonote coin thread.....
Activity: 224
CryptocoinTools.com
Just started mining @ http://monero.farm
Looks like they giving out + 1% BONUS for miner payouts currently.
Might be worth checking out if your looking for a pool.
Activity: 770
Hello, I'm glad to finally be a part of the beginnings of Monero. I see huge potential, and can't wait for it to be fully unleashed!

Mintpal voting here I come:  https://www.mintpal.com/voting#XMR

is this bs really neccessary? - I mean seriously how do all these sh..coins get so many votes?

I think the sooner Monero is added to a big exchange, the better. So future users and trolls can't come along and say," Instamine, because a "small, selective" group of people were mining while it was on relatively few exchanges" It basically gives future trolls/fudsters less no ammo.

Mintpal voting here I come:  https://www.mintpal.com/voting#XMR

Activity: 302
Imagine a world without hate and oppression
Congratulations all (for MintPal)!  Tongue
Activity: 300
For example if 556.44 XMR are sent, the protocol will break it down into 500 + 50 + 6 + 0.4 + 0.04
Why does monero split amounts to power of 10? Why not power of 2? Are there any differences or trade offs in using different bases for this process?

Spliting amount to power of 2 would results in too many inputs and increase transaction size enormously i think.
Activity: 204
For example if 556.44 XMR are sent, the protocol will break it down into 500 + 50 + 6 + 0.4 + 0.04
Why does monero split amounts to power of 10? Why not power of 2? Are there any differences or trade offs in using different bases for this process?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Hmm strange, not long ago Mintpal repeatly denied to have XMR on voting list just because of totally new protocol. Does this mean their platform is technically ready for CryptoNote now ?

If Poloniex and Bittrex have it, I'm not sure why Mintpal( a much bigger and widely known exchange) couldn't add it as well.

Maybe they are to fat and lazzy to do things fast.
Jump to: