Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1861. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
Oh, yeah I mixed up Anoncoin and ZeroCoin.

Is it even decided now, if Anoncoin will be using ZeroCoin or ZeroCash as its base tech/approach?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Biggest difference Monero is in usage, Anoncoin is vaporware. Unclear if it ever be released, project team has no crypto-currency background.
(just academic crypto/math-background, so they may get the crypto done, could be failing the rest of coin and community development, they have real jobs, they wont go full time coin dev, ...)

Anoncoin needs an trusted accumulator, that if compromised could be use to forge coins (which would be impossibleto proof) and decrypting the whole Anoncoin blockchain.
No one knows if Anoncoin scales. Development is payed by US and Israel military ....
You're mixing up Anoncoin with Zerocoin/Zerocash.

Anoncoin is copying Zerocoin as soon as the code is out. This has more or less become their main mission and reason for existing.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Biggest difference Monero is in usage, Anoncoin is vaporware. Unclear if it ever be released, project team has no crypto-currency background.
(just academic crypto/math-background, so they may get the crypto done, could be failing the rest of coin and community development, they have real jobs, they wont go full time coin dev, ...)

Anoncoin needs an trusted accumulator, that if compromised could be use to forge coins (which would be impossibleto proof) and decrypting the whole Anoncoin blockchain.
No one knows if Anoncoin scales. Development is payed by US and Israel military ....

Yeah that does sound an awful lot like zerocash Cheesy

Either way, I can understand the differences between the two currencies well enough .. I'm wondering what is the difference between Anoncoin's I2P and our I2P? Calling one or the other vaporware doesn't really tell me the differences between both of them (keep in mind that a c++ i2p router has only been mentioned at this point .. and could be put in the same vapor-boat). Is the I2P in anoncoin unfinished? I see their github has ignore there .. but i've only looked at it for a couple minutes.
legendary
Monero Evangelist
And what is wrong? Smiley The military not involved in ZeroCash?
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"

legendary
Monero Evangelist

Activity: 56
I've waited a week and a half/two weeks to ask this because I'm hoping for good answers .. if anyone wants to take the time to answer Smiley

What, exactly, are the differences between the I2P with a c++ router that is being worked on for this coin, and the I2P that Anoncoin uses? I'm just wondering because ... well they claim to use it and there's depressing pages like this written about them now: http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/anoncoin/
I have posted a proposal for fixed subsidy:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7202538

Looks good to me. At these levels, fixed reward v. exponential doesn't differ much over human lifetimes. It's still about 0.3% 50 years out.
Activity: 300
Hi I'm new in this Coin

How to generate a Payment ID

You only need this when you are sending to an exchange from simplewallet

How to send money to a other User

Is there a tutorial

no tutorial is needed, just a simple command:
Code:
transfer 0   [Payment_ID] 
payment ID is not necessary unless you're transferring to exchanges.
Activity: 28
Im mining @ Minergate at can't withdraw my coins, there are few people having the same problem and not getting their coins , is there anyone in close contact and know if they are fixing the withdrawal problem and pay the  miners that mine on their pool, or they just don't care about not paying their miners
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
Does anyone know how long it typically takes to transfer from exchange to simple wallet?

According to Poloniex my transfer has gone through okay, but it still is yet to show on simple wallet.

have you typed refresh in simple wallet?

Yep. Took about 20 minutes but it's all synced up now. Thanks!
Activity: 3
Hi I'm new in this Coin

How to send money to a other User

Is there a tutorial

Activity: 994
Hi I'm new in this Coin

Activity: 994
Does anyone know how long it typically takes to transfer from exchange to simple wallet?

According to Poloniex my transfer has gone through okay, but it still is yet to show on simple wallet.

Did you confirm your email?
Activity: 826
I'd consider a few BTC worth at .001. It'll be there soon with this inflation.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
23k new coins are generated daily and decreasing daily. It needs to keep buy support of 64 btc (@ current price of 0.002 btc per xmr) or 40k usd daily to sustain current price.

Correction: 46 BTC, 30k USD.

I run an amazon farm and I aint selling my coins this cheap.

At what price is your personal mining break-even?

Plus nvidia gpu miner is out ( by christian, no surprises there !) and my guess is that it is highly optimised compared to current amd miner. Once amd miner is optimised it will give hashing power of at least 3 to 4 times that of current amd miner. Thats when the general public will start mining driving up hashrate exponentially and thus coins price.

When the hash rate per unit of the cost basis increases, then the break-even price declines, and hence dumping at a lower price is profitable.  It is only when difficulty rises in excess of the compensating decrease in hash cost that the price will rise.  That won't happen until and unless XMR is more visible, i.e. when there are software improvements, merchants, liquidity events.

Activity: 280
Who cares?

have you typed refresh in simple wallet?
Activity: 714
Merit: 504

Activity: 545

Plus nvidia gpu miner is out ( by christian, no surprises there !) and my guess is that it is highly optimised compared to current amd miner. Once amd miner is optimised it will give hashing power of at least 3 to 4 times that of current amd miner. Thats when the general public will start mining driving up hashrate exponentially and thus coins price.

Anybody have H/sec on the GTX 750 ti?

Nvidia miner is not public. Yet. When it is public, you will know about it first in this thread.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7171129
Jump to: