Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 19. (Read 4669469 times)

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Contributors: Isthmus (Mitchell P. Krawiec-Thayer), Neptune, Rucknium, Jberman, Carrington

In the second half of July 2021, there was an anomalous increase in transaction volume on the Monero network.

https://mitchellpkt.medium.com/fingerprinting-a-flood-forensic-statistical-analysis-of-the-mid-2021-monero-transaction-volume-a19cbf41ce60

Activity: 434
Merit: 124
Why? Has there been any wallet update since he has been out?
Because MyMonero wallet was made by Ricardi Spagni and it has bad history, so I would better choose Monero GUI wallet instead.
Mek
Activity: 72
Merit: 6
mtc.mekweb.eu - mega transistor clock
Until there is no regular news about banning privacy coins, there is no point to be afraid of. Also, USA is only a small part of the world, the rest may or may not follow. My bet is that they will not, but your mileage may vary.
Activity: 179
Merit: 20
Monero Developer Ricardi Fluffypony Spagni released from US jail two days ago and I am not sure if we should worry about that.
He confirmed release on Twitter but he could also be working secretly with governemnt and I would better not use MyMonero wallet.

Why jail? Did he get locked in a can? I see there is new news being circlejerked that talks about US ban on privacy coins. Hows that gonna affect Monero? I doubt there well be pernicious impact on the price but on the whole it does not smell right. I suggest that people with significant monero holdings sell it all or they may find themselves in a bind with their heavy losses. Better allege ur pain now than take a bath on ur fortune later.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2144
https://t1p.de/6ghrf
I would better not use MyMonero wallet.

Why? Has there been any wallet update since he has been out?
Monero Developer Ricardi Fluffypony Spagni released from US jail two days ago and I am not sure if we should worry about that.
He confirmed release on Twitter but he could also be working secretly with governemnt and I would better not use MyMonero wallet.
legendary
Activity: 442
Merit: 3
Not sure if this is off topic or not, but read a post today stating that is more profitable to mine Raptoreum than Monero? have you guys tested this?
Not promoting Raptoreum, just a bit intrigued that there might be a coin more profitable.

Raptoreum is going nowhere.....
Monero is brilliant!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Not sure if this is off topic or not, but read a post today stating that is more profitable to mine Raptoreum than Monero? have you guys tested this?
Not promoting Raptoreum, just a bit intrigued that there might be a coin more profitable.
This kicks ass, it looks like it slipped by over here.
Maybe it's time for people to take out their old smartphones and check if they can also run their own monero node!
Nothing beats regular pc but people in third world don't all have computers, and this way they can contribute the network.
https://github.com/CryptoGrampy/android-termux-monero-node
legendary
This kicks ass, it looks like it slipped by over here.

crypto grampy:

This is just a little code I threw together to create an easy way to run a full Monero node on an Android phone you may have laying around the house.  On my 3 year old Android, it runs great, and I can point Monerujo wallet at the phone itself rather than a remote node for the ultimate in financial privacy. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z46zAy-LoHE
legendary
Activity: 807
Merit: 423
legendary
NOTE: Much of the beginning of this guide is taken from my related guide, “Run a Monero Node”, but is necessary here as running your own node is usually required for p2pool usage.

https://sethforprivacy.com/guides/run-a-p2pool-node/
legendary
Does any of the monero dev team still follow this thread?

I've been following this DEX for many years and I think with the release of their xlite  and web UX they will become the benchmark.
Can anyone tell me if monero is compatible now with these requirements.

Monero dev member or any technically capable member here.

If not which items are missing from this list.

In order for for a blockchain to be compatible it must support JSON RPC, CLTV atomic swaps, and the following calls:

createrawtransaction
decoderawtransaction
getblock
getblockchaininfo (fallback getnetworkinfo, getinfo)
getblockhash
getnewaddress
getrawmempool
getrawtransaction
gettransaction
gettxout
listunspent
sendrawtransaction
signmessage
signrawtransaction (or signrawtransactionwithwallet)
verifymessage

If you don't get an answer here then ask this in the Monero-dev channel on IRC.LIBERA.CHAT and post the answer here as well.
Activity: 59
Merit: 3
Does any of the monero dev team still follow this thread?

I've been following this DEX for many years and I think with the release of their xlite  and web UX they will become the benchmark.
Can anyone tell me if monero is compatible now with these requirements.

Monero dev member or any technically capable member here.

If not which items are missing from this list.

In order for for a blockchain to be compatible it must support JSON RPC, CLTV atomic swaps, and the following calls:

createrawtransaction
decoderawtransaction
getblock
getblockchaininfo (fallback getnetworkinfo, getinfo)
getblockhash
getnewaddress
getrawmempool
getrawtransaction
gettransaction
gettxout
listunspent
sendrawtransaction
signmessage
signrawtransaction (or signrawtransactionwithwallet)
verifymessage

Everyone should update wallets to latest version, decoy selection bug is now fixed to improve privacy, MoneroGUI and Monerujo are both updated.
https://www.getmonero.org/2021/08/31/monero-GUI-0.17.2.3-released.html
Pages:
Jump to: