Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 22. (Read 4669469 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 14
Having this bug in Monero sucks but I believe this will make Monero even better and stronger, just don't send your coins until they rest in your wallet for one hour or more.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a Monero news podcast?
Yes, you can talk more about atomic swaps and possible decentralized exchanges based on Monero.

every vulnerability discovered, is one less for the opponents to exploit.

progress on haveno? release date?

https://github.com/haveno-dex/haveno#status-of-the-project

What's the best way to join matrix? I tried Element, but was asked for an email address, lol and deleted the vm.
Activity: 434
Merit: 124
Having this bug in Monero sucks but I believe this will make Monero even better and stronger, just don't send your coins until they rest in your wallet for one hour or more.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a Monero news podcast?
Yes, you can talk more about atomic swaps and possible decentralized exchanges based on Monero.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1340
Does anyone have any suggestions for a Monero news podcast? In recent months I've become a listener of the "What Bitcoin Did" podcast and I've been looking for something similar to give me my xmr fix.  I've listened to a few episodes of "Monero Talk" but it's pretty poorly edited and not the greatest quality (although I don't want to be too critical since it's still great that such individuals are putting these things together - it's just not my cup of tea).
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
The developers of Monero have revealed a rather significant bug that can affect the confidentiality of user transactions
"If users spend funds immediately after the blocking time in the first 2 blocks allowed by the consensus rules (~20 minutes after receiving funds), then there is a high probability that the output data can be identified as true expenses", the developer reports on twitter

This does not reveal anything about addresses or transaction amounts. Funds are never at risk of being stolen. This bug persists in the official wallet code today.

Users can substantially mitigate the risk to their privacy by waiting 1 hour or longer before spending their newly-received Monero, until a fix can be added in a future wallet software update. A full network upgrade (hard fork) is not required to address this bug.

Seems like a feature, you cant just buy then spend!

#Holders unaffected.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490
The developers of Monero have revealed a rather significant bug that can affect the confidentiality of user transactions
"If users spend funds immediately after the blocking time in the first 2 blocks allowed by the consensus rules (~20 minutes after receiving funds), then there is a high probability that the output data can be identified as true expenses", the developer reports on twitter

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Privacy crypto currencies such as Monero somehow will survive in any state of the market. Be it bull or bear It is stable enough and can withstand the test of time .
legendary
Once I find a mobile wallet I like, it takes a lot to make me switch.  But the headache of syncing a million blocks with monerujo on a new phone is making me rethink.  It's slow (hours), and I've had to force stop the app several times.
How does cake wallet compare in the syncing from scratch department?

I just opened them both this morning and the cake one had my balance immediately.

Of course I wouldn't trust a phone wallet with anything but pocket change.
Cake great, but don't forget your OS and hardware is already uber-powned...
Activity: 807
Merit: 423
Once I find a mobile wallet I like, it takes a lot to make me switch.  But the headache of syncing a million blocks with monerujo on a new phone is making me rethink.  It's slow (hours), and I've had to force stop the app several times.
How does cake wallet compare in the syncing from scratch department?

I don't see anything on the provability of the random seed on this site, IE provably fair game check.

At least I can guarantee you that the wire in-out are working perfectly ! I have send and retrieve (with a win) my stake less the 1% rake.

Sadly, I am in no position to comment on the random seed, but if you have the knowledge, you could check there :https://github.com/torpoker/app

It seems to be the software used.

Anyone else finding XMR online poker to be AMAZING?

The Monero Moon (Issue 23) is now available for your reading pleasure.

This is a bumper and comprehensive issue!!

Grab a cup of coffee or a bottle of beer and kick back for a read. Like, share, and spread the word of Monero as it continues to grow and offer unmatched financial privacy.

https://medium.com/themoneromoon/the-monero-moon-issue-23-6f683202ed78

I like your work !
Activity: 434
Merit: 124
Are there any working solution for atomic swaps betwen Monero and Bitcoin?
I saw one cool website using comit network called Unstoppableswap but I am not sure if it is working on mainnet and if everything works fine
https://unstoppableswap.net/
Activity: 1179
Merit: 210
only hodl what you understand and love!
Hi, I use the GUI v17.2.2 and Ledger Monero App v1.7.7

And when I open my wallet I am stuck with "Waiting for daemon to sync" and "Network Status: Synchronizing" forever without anything happening.

What should I do?

Are you connecting to a private node or a you connected regularely on the mainnet?
Do you refresh from scratch? Which block number does it show at downloading? (You can also download the latest blockchain on https://www.getmonero.org/downloads/#blockchain)

legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1010
Hi, I use the GUI v17.2.2 and Ledger Monero App v1.7.7

And when I open my wallet I am stuck with "Waiting for daemon to sync" and "Network Status: Synchronizing" forever without anything happening.

What should I do?
Activity: 132
Merit: 123
The Monero Moon (Issue 23) is now available for your reading pleasure.

This is a bumper and comprehensive issue!!

Grab a cup of coffee or a bottle of beer and kick back for a read. Like, share, and spread the word of Monero as it continues to grow and offer unmatched financial privacy.

https://medium.com/themoneromoon/the-monero-moon-issue-23-6f683202ed78
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Activity: 90
Merit: 91
With the newsletter I tried to keep the Monero moon neutral on the diego issue for journalistic purposes. Issues 20 and 21 discuss it neutrally without going into detail and point to sources of information for people to make up their own mind.
[...]
Can I also add a small thank you for questioning my integrity as I think it's an important thing to do with any news reporting, and reflecting on this endeavours me to maintain community respect more than ever.

Cheers!

I have really appreciated your answer, maximum respect!
Btw, let me say that even if I'm really interested in technical choices behind Monero, I'm definitely a rookie of the community's life, so I didn't know anything about Salazar issues until reading about it on Monero Moon 20. So, thank you for your work!

BTW
a bit OT: once you have contents ready to be published, I definitely believe social-media-manager-like activity (post here and there, tag with the right metadata for the platform you are on, ...) is really a demanding task... I wonder if any software/service exists out there to unload this part of the work
If someone wants to write a synopsis of Diegos endeavours then I will happily link it in the next issue of the newsletter, however writing such a synopsis isn't something I personally have the spare time to do. The Monero Moon keeps me busy enough.

legendary

Can I also add a small thank you for questioning my integrity as I think it's an important thing to do with any news reporting, and reflecting on this endeavours me to maintain community respect more than ever.

Cheers!

Well said and thanks for the adult response. Wink

I think this thread has more lurkers than you realize though. Smiley

I would have liked to read a better synopsis of Diegos en-devours as all the info I've seen is scattered around so maybe you would be willing to do a specific article on this issue as it was a years long saga that apparently the community had no clue about.
With the newsletter I tried to keep the Monero moon neutral on the diego issue for journalistic purposes. Issues 20 and 21 discuss it neutrally without going into detail and point to sources of information for people to make up their own mind.

If I forgot to post links to the article here then that wasn't on purpose. I posted links to issue 20, 21 and all other issues on r/Monero r/xmrtrader r/cryptocurrency and a few other reddit pages, plus shared the links extensively on 4chan and Twitter and on Telegram. I sometimes forget bitcointalk as I don't visit here much.

One thing I did notice were the stats for those two issues revealed a significantly lower number of readers, however that is likely to be due to the bear market as ppl lose interest and be completely unrelated to the community issue or my linking to the issues here. A tiny minority of readers are directed from bitcointalk.

Just for your sake, my own personal opinion of the matter is negative towards Diego and things related, which is likely to be similar to yours and many other community members'. Some of my reddit comments at the time are likely to reflect this.

But at the end of the day things are never going to be perfect, things will go wrong with any project, and I'm a staunch optimist, fully believing that the community can grow from this and make necessary changes to ensure the community isn't taken advantage of in the future.

Cheers!
Activity: 90
Merit: 91

[...]
Interesting that he just skipped linking them here on this forum, check his post history.
[...]
Notice those 2 completely missing.

ops...
Pages:
Jump to: