Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1936. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I think we need a PR team  to publicity MRO and get more focus..
Some people agree with me?
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
When I get my new AMD FX-9370 up and running, I should be able to mine up to 16 threads (but will probably only mine 14). How much RAM should I be planning to put into that box, in order to handle up to 16 threads? I know the CryptoNote mining process is memory intensive. But is it RAM or cache or what? Can someone give me a hint on this point?

Thanks in advance.
The FX-9370 is a 8-core 8-threads processor  Cheesy
Or better, 4-modules 8-core 8-threads processor.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Anyone can give advice on how to build a professional mining rig for Monero coin? A guide on hosting pool on the coin is helpful also.

Expected coin per day on specified cpu is helpful if someone willing to share that information.

I will willing to invest in infrastructure for Monero if I can get technical assistance from developer or useful guide.

Thank you

Here's one example of really good CPU mining rig - cost/performance best buy:
CPU 2x Intel Xeon E5450 (2 x 50$)
Motherboard: dual CPU supermicro server board socket 771 (50$)
RAM: 2x 2gb server RAM, buffered or unbuffered ECC DDR2, depends on which motherboard you buy (10$)
Storage: 32gb SSD (30$)
PSU: any decent PSU is more than enough, you'll also need additional 8pin CPU power connectors, socket 771/775 heatsinks and few 12v fans for cooling both CPUs & chipset (PSU + fans = 60$)

This kind of rig gives you 170-200 h/s for 250$ and those CPUs consume only 65-80w each, if anyone can assemble cheaper rig with such power please let me know.
Here's my champion in action:

https://i.imgur.com/TGGRINM.jpg

And here's where you can find all the parts:

https://i.imgur.com/ECR5Mye.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EtGhaCi.jpg

P.S.
No need for case (eATX rackmount cases are under 100$) cos such rig looks awesome mounted on the wall, you can imagine how a place with dozens of those rigs mounted on all walls in the room looks like  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
When I get my new AMD FX-9370 up and running, I should be able to mine up to 16 threads (but will probably only mine 14). How much RAM should I be planning to put into that box, in order to handle up to 16 threads? I know the CryptoNote mining process is memory intensive. But is it RAM or cache or what? Can someone give me a hint on this point?

Thanks in advance.
cpuminer-multi takes up only 0.3% of my 4 GB RAM for 4 threads. Any amount of RAM is fine (unless you are solomining, in which case you need enough to store the blockchain).

True although the blockchain doesn't have to be on the same machine as the miner even if you are solo mining. You can run one daemon on your network and have a bunch of miners connect to it.

Activity: 60

Thanks in advance.
cpuminer-multi takes up only 0.3% of my 4 GB RAM for 4 threads. Any amount of RAM is fine (unless you are solomining, in which case you need enough to store the blockchain).
Thank you.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
When I get my new AMD FX-9370 up and running, I should be able to mine up to 16 threads (but will probably on mine 14). How much RAM should I be planning to put into that box, in order to handle up to 16 threads? I know the CryptoNote mining process is memory intensive. But is it RAM or cache or what? Can someone give me a hint on this point?

Thanks in advance.

Good question, and let me know the hash rate when it's online Smiley
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Is there any need for more pools?
They seem to all be setup quite well now, but I could have a friend make one.

I don't have a single complaint about this coin.
Activity: 60

Thanks in advance.
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
Anyone can give advice on how to build a professional mining rig for Monero coin? A guide on hosting pool on the coin is helpful also.

Expected coin per day on specified cpu is helpful if someone willing to share that information.

I will willing to invest in infrastructure for Monero if I can get technical assistance from developer or useful guide.

Thank you
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I am amazed at the amount of trolls on here...this is literally unbelievable...miserable pricks...

Trolls: Fuck you pricks, I am harvesting your tears like fucking rainwater and drinking them in my top fucking shelf margaritas hahahaha CRY CRY CRY PLEASE i love it =))) Every time you guys cry I feel sooo good hahaha

LOL

yeah that was a good post lol  Cheesy Tongue

Indeed. Gave me a good chuckle.

Guys, do we have any progress on getting listed on Mintpal? I know obviously we are cryptonote technology, which has different api's to Bitcoin but I think it would do wonders for our adoption if we could get on there.

I honestly think we could go up 300% if we got listed on Mintpal. Sadly I don't even see us on the list of coins to be voted in.

We do not have to voted to Mintpal..It's Minptal's loss without MRO..
legendary
Activity: 1120
anyone looking for a super fast install of cpuminer-multi try this command on Unix;

Code:
sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get install -y git make automake screen libcurl4-openssl-dev ; git clone https://github.com/LucasJones/cpuminer-multi ; cd cpuminer-multi ; ./autogen.sh ; ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" ; make

in fact you could even do this one the end (remember to edit your address/pool)

Code:

sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get install -y git make automake screen libcurl4-openssl-dev ; git clone https://github.com/LucasJones/cpuminer-multi ; cd cpuminer-multi ; ./autogen.sh ; ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" ; make ; ./minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://mro3.extremehash.com:9999 -u 445N2m8BBaAj5wGVbDEpNVbEw3kpW9HmYavw61YWkgtG3PertR7z52UYuY7F1BhJsUbCRJQ4cxZdffVL7irwjuu6PXjY4zm -p x -t 8
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team

I agree, I love my Mintbox. I have no idea if it makes a good Monero miner (haven't tried -- it is being used for something else) but as a general mid-range computer with all the advantages you mentioned they are amazing.
30 H/s according to CPUminer (an averager script/side program/argument would come in handy, by the way),  more like 22H/s according to bitmonerod.
legendary
I honestly think we could go up 300% if we got listed on Mintpal. Sadly I don't even see us on the list of coins to be voted in.
I sent them two messages days ago, before and after the release on Poloniex. The answer was the same: we'll keep an eye, maybe in some months (yes, months)

I would not be surprised they change their mind, though.

They're probably trying not to let the cat out of the bag and cause a huge pump before they add it.  

I would tend to take their response at face value only because of the technical challenges of integrating it. They can integrate 100 shitcoins for the same effort as integrating MRO. However, I also agree they may change their mind when they see how much activity is has on the other exchanges.
Activity: 280
Who cares?
I sent them two messages days ago, before and after the release on Poloniex. The answer was the same: we'll keep an eye, maybe in some months (yes, months)

They're probably trying not to let the cat out of the bag and cause a huge pump before they add it. 
legendary
Activity: 1036
(reply).
I am not a dev, I know how to write semantically significant HTML, this is all. I am a team member, different. What I cannot bring with code, I bring it with communication, suggestion, writing, webhosting... Like Ludom does for NXT, by the way.
For the technical specifications, read the cryptonote whitepaper, our OP. There are post where we sum up our additions to the orignal Bytecoin code and so far, I believe fluffypony's Tenebrix/blockchain post is the best summary at hand (the post you are linking is a great one, we agree on that)
For the Panama part, I had several email exchanges with the said "joke" even on Sunday morning, when a DDoS happened and he was with his family. Of course, you don' have to believe me.
(your English is good, really, stop underestimating yourself, most French do underestimate their level in English)

Let's stop this useless confrontation. I'm currently owning a substantial part of my little investment in MRO and I believe this is the coin of the moment. My financial interest is to see monero going "to the moon". In my opinion, it is better than Darkcoin, not only because I left Darkcoin, but also from a programmer point of view. But to be honest, I can't see why this coin would survive more than others after pump-dump period. Anyway my opinion won't influence MRO price, big whale traders don't care what we are saying here.

Currently, I think the anomaly is Darkcoin, not Monero (fairer and technically better).

I hope crypto-currencies succeed, monero or another coin is of little relevance. Sorry for the annoyance.

Yea Bernard good choice, let's take a cigar and let them work to grow our wallet  Cool
Very good team, it's not 35 hours per week here
Monero Core Team

legendary

I agree, I love my Mintbox. I have no idea if it makes a good Monero miner (haven't tried -- it is being used for something else) but as a general mid-range computer with all the advantages you mentioned they are amazing.

Monero Core Team
thank you for his.
my idea, there is core development of the software for which we have many hero members.
1. monero development i.e new aspect implementation
2. interface development. miners and wallets
3. marketing

There is the hardware aspect as well. hero members input on what they would chose if they had such and such money to spend.
for example, i do not know what aws/azure are or is. this is beyond my scope. and as i read some of the posts it reminds me of my insecurities regarding the tech. barriers for entry for non crypto currencies aficionados. There is obvious curiosity.

for 500 dollars what would smooth david or ezih buy  (other than investing, as investing is beyond most normal human beings, let alon investing in cryptocurrencies.)

for 1000 dollars what would they buy. things like this. trust is hard to come buy especially when we use handles. but trust can be percieved through conversation, and the above mentioned and others have earned it from me.

thanks.
Mintbox 2
Completely passive, reasonably powerful, low power usage, very compact, able to withstand 24/7 power on (try this with a laptop for extended period of time. I have a very small appartment, but I mine and sleep well.
If I want more than casual, I invest, No more than I can afford to lose. Then I use 20/100 rule to get my money back and (starting from now, this is the "extended 20/100") place a buy order with this money at -40% of that doubled, then quadrupled, then octupled price. If 40%-of-doubled-price" is not fulfilled before reaching quadrupled price, I add the money of said buy order at -40%-of-doubled-price to the buy order at -40%-of-quadrupled-price. Same thing with octupled-price. At this stage, I paid back my expenses and so I use the money for something else. And I have peace of mind

=> peace of mind for sleeping
=> peace of mind for environment
=> peace of mind for investement

I probably am the only one in the core team to do it that way. Which is neither good nor bad, it just that, even if we are all in the core team, we are all differents.

Anyway, the "titles" on the accounts mean nothing really, I'm not exactly the type of person you'd want advice from. I'm just someone that posts here a lot, that is all.
I agree. I tend to merge my reply (this post is a good example) so my ranking is undervalued (I'd say by 30% but I don't really now).
On the other hand, teenages screaming "to da m00n!" could easily attain full member status. Would you trust them?

But all in all, it is somewhat useful. As long as you don't use it as the sole metrics (hint: grammar, syntax and most importantly stylistics are important - lenght of post is too, I noticed).
Jump to: