Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1937. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
<3 big picture

you don't need a payment id if you want to send from your wallet to another, just transfer 0 address amount

only the exchanges require tx id.

Awesome, thanks!  I knew I was missing something obvious Cheesy
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
If I'm using mine.moneropool.org

I should be using port 7777? instead of the default 5555?

you should be using port 7777 with stratum and the new cpuminer  Wink

tried the new cpuminer and it says

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running...

https://github.com/LucasJones/cpuminer-multi/releases/download/v1.0.3/cpuminer-multi.zip
your windows needs to be 64bit

so if I have 32bit, my option is just simpleminer eh?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
you don't need a payment id if you want to send from your wallet to another, just transfer 0 address amount

Or

transfer some number other than 0 amount

if you want the payment to be untraceable. With 0 you aren't doing any mixing.

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
Does extremehash report incorrect payouts?

you should be using port 7777 with stratum and the new cpuminer  Wink

tried the new cpuminer and it says

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running...
Activity: 224
Ok, I'm obviosuly missing something.

If I want to send from my wallet to another person, how does the payment ID get generated?  Is there a wallet command I'm just not seeing that generates one?

I know the exchanges make one - I just don't know how/where they get it from, and if I want to move funds between wallets, I need one too it seems.

only the exchanges require tx id.
Activity: 81
<3 big picture
Ok, I'm obviosuly missing something.

If I want to send from my wallet to another person, how does the payment ID get generated?  Is there a wallet command I'm just not seeing that generates one?

I know the exchanges make one - I just don't know how/where they get it from, and if I want to move funds between wallets, I need one too it seems.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
I am amazed at the amount of trolls on here...this is literally unbelievable...miserable pricks...

Trolls: Fuck you pricks, I am harvesting your tears like fucking rainwater and drinking them in my top fucking shelf margaritas hahahaha CRY CRY CRY PLEASE i love it =))) Every time you guys cry I feel sooo good hahaha

LOL

yeah that was a good post lol  Cheesy Tongue

Indeed. Gave me a good chuckle.

Guys, do we have any progress on getting listed on Mintpal? I know obviously we are cryptonote technology, which has different api's to Bitcoin but I think it would do wonders for our adoption if we could get on there.

I honestly think we could go up 300% if we got listed on Mintpal. Sadly I don't even see us on the list of coins to be voted in.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
quick question, in order to save ur monero wallet and be able to open it in another computer, or just back it up, all u got to do is save the wallet.bin  and .keys ? What else? You just paste them and they are loaded again in ur new wallet?

I'd like to know the answer to this too. Is the wallet.bin and .keys like boitcoin's wallet.dat?
Activity: 210
Crypto Currency Supporter
quick question, in order to save ur monero wallet and be able to open it in another computer, or just back it up, all u got to do is save the wallet.bin  and .keys ? What else? You just paste them and they are loaded again in ur new wallet?
Activity: 92
i got 20 vps servers running mine at 450-600h/s

Sounds expensive

all free

say whatttttt, good on you man. I am a man who can appreciate free. I have about 800h/s costing me about 100 USD a month. In the end it will pay for itself.

How to use VPS mining? Where has the study thread

legendary
for -p x

what do you put for x?

the actual wallet address password you used when you created it?

No, do not share your wallet password with anyone.

Usually "-p x" indicates that the pool does not require a password and you can put anything there, including just the letter x.
for -p x

what do you put for x?

the actual wallet address password you used when you created it?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
extremehash.com
Already close to 20% of the network I think.
Recommend people to avoid joining this one if not there already and soio mine or use other pools.

Join http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/

simpleminer :
C:\path_to_simpleminer\simpleminer.exe --pool-addr=monero.crypto-pool.fr:1111 --login=your_address_here --pass x

minerd :
C:\path_to_minerd\minerd.exe -a cryptonight -o monero.crypto-pool.fr:6666 -u your_monero_address -t number_of_thread

Wink
legendary
extremehash.com

Already close to 20% of the network I think.

Recommend people to avoid joining this one if not there already and soio mine or use other pools.

legendary
So recommendations for hardware can't really be based on Monero, because it necessarily involves the broader CPU coin market. It's also constantly changing based on altcoin liquidity and the price of BTC. Add on top of that the risk of this becoming a GPU (or ASIC) coin.

These risks aren't really that great because you can always resell the hardware. You're not buying something specialized that will lose value if MRO or even cpu coins in general stop using it. In fact there might be an argument for buying used in the first place, to minimize depreciation (not always true though, especially with good use of promotions on new gear).

I do agree that just buying is often a good substitute for mining, especially if you don't have the experience with and aptitude for dealing with hardware on a shoestring budget. That itself is a specialized skill (different from conventional IT for example)
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
https://i.imgur.com/quHyGrR.jpg

Stratum Mine NOW!

Code:
minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://mro.extremehash.com:9999 -u address -p x

Download the Stratum Miner
https://github.com/LucasJones/cpuminer-multi/releases

If you are currently mining using the older miner, please switch to stratum mining for max profits!
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

for 500 dollars what would smooth david or ezih buy  (other than investing, as investing is beyond most normal human beings, let alon investing in cryptocurrencies.)

for 1000 dollars what would they buy. things like this. trust is hard to come buy especially when we use handles. but trust can be percieved through conversation, and the above mentioned and others have earned it from me.

thanks.

I actually consider investing more accessible than mining, particularly for those looking to make significant profit (see below). Building a computer from parts is beyond what most people are comfortable with. The ordinary person should simply devote some cores (~50%) on their regular desktop to essentially mine for free and support the network. This is probably the vision Satoshi had in mind for Bitcoin.

When it comes to 'serious' mining, the calculations are complicated. For the same capital input, you're almost always better off investing in a currency than investing in hardware if that currency is set to go up. Having a mining rig is a hedge. It's basically risk mitigation through diversification -- if the particular currency fails, you can move on to another one (or sell the hardware, which has a disconnected price).

The standard risk-reward correlation is pretty much inescapable. Hence for the same costs, mining (lower risk) carries lower reward compared to investing. There's also risky mining, e.g. buying a bunch of VPS instances, but this carries correspondingly higher reward if things work out.

So recommendations for hardware can't really be based on Monero, because it necessarily involves the broader CPU coin market. It's also constantly changing based on altcoin liquidity and the price of BTC. Add on top of that the risk of this becoming a GPU (or ASIC) coin. All these complications make it easier for the ordinary person to just get a coinbase.com account and invest.
Activity: 224
mro.extremepool.org

Cpuminer-multi
Code:
minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://qcn.extremepool.org:5555 -u ADDRESS -p x -t threads
Jump to: