Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1940. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?

My suggestion is a reduction in the number of coins or altering of the reward curve.

Have to disagree.  The goal shouldn't be to have an "investment", its a currency for use as a tool.

I'd rather see trade-facilitation stuff built in, and a greater circulation - the value inherent in the coin will be driven by market uptake.  The reason BTC was successful initially is it was used for a large range of commercial transactions.. being able to spend it on goods/services created the demand and built the price.

Oh please...
MRO will be another low velocity, commodity crypto like all the others...
You wanna buy pizza with MRO?

I sell 1 pizza = 10K MRO
deal ?

seems legit
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
in spirit of cooperation;

I see many posts: how many coins with such and such hashing power. How much hashing am i expected to get with such and such cpu.

Could we see a post. monero hashing build. most hasing for under under 500 dollars, 1000 dollars, and 2 thousand dollars.
seems some people may convert some of their earning into machins and improve their hashing performance.
i see this as a good thing as it secures the network. pulls hashing away from those already domminant in the field.

can we do this in a windows and ubuntu estimations. as such this will allow new investors to start mining. the reason I say this i have some friends that are in the market for upgrading computers and I was asked this question and I can not answer it.

thank you for those that will take this post seriously.

Its a cpu only coin, there's not really $1000 or $2000 spec machines, its simply how many cpu's you can get your hands on.

Granted it would possibly be useful to produce a list of CPU's and their expected hashing power on either OS so that you could choose which CPU's to buy to mine this coin but at this stage I would be very surprised to see people building $2000 set ups to mine MRO, you may as well use AWS/Azure and the like.

The other issue is that the miners are being constantly updated and there is also more than one miner so you can see how this starts to become a lot of work to put together. Thats also besides the fact that you can't trust just one person saying they are getting x speed without some proof so again it becomes a huge task.

Hope this helps.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
in spirit of cooperation;

I see many posts: how many coins with such and such hashing power. How much hashing am i expected to get with such and such cpu.

Could we see a post. monero hashing build. most hasing for under under 500 dollars, 1000 dollars, and 2 thousand dollars.
seems some people may convert some of their earning into machins and improve their hashing performance.
i see this as a good thing as it secures the network. pulls hashing away from those already domminant in the field.

can we do this in a windows and ubuntu estimations. as such this will allow new investors to start mining. the reason I say this i have some friends that are in the market for upgrading computers and I was asked this question and I can not answer it.

thank you for those that will take this post seriously.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

My suggestion is a reduction in the number of coins or altering of the reward curve.

Have to disagree.  The goal shouldn't be to have an "investment", its a currency for use as a tool.

I'd rather see trade-facilitation stuff built in, and a greater circulation - the value inherent in the coin will be driven by market uptake.  The reason BTC was successful initially is it was used for a large range of commercial transactions.. being able to spend it on goods/services created the demand and built the price.

Oh please...

I sell 1 pizza = 10K MRO
deal ?
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Activity: 798
I have started mining few hours ago, when can i expect first payment?

If you are solo mining it is completely down to your hashing power when you can expect on average to be paid. If your mining in a pool however obviously that pool needs to find a block and then it needs to mature for I think 60 confirms.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
Anyone succeeded to compile on Linux 32 bits? I get:

Code:
error: ‘uint128_t’ was not declared in this scope

Seems the sources are strongly 64 bits specific.
But I see there is a 32 bits windows executable, so there must be a way?
copper member
Payments go out after each block has matured in a pool. Haven't solo mined so can't comment on that.

Im Mining here http://188.226.230.5/  

Please check my stats: 46LFDhuBQM38ZLShfVSjegFLR3R5ru8DSCK1CfkExRAnjjqi9NXdXB7Rm8EBpQwoQs1pBBZ9ETB1pFG XWELDkEiwR7mhXsk

What H/s can i expect with one Sandy-Bridge i7 2600K@4800Mhz?
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Payments go out after each block has matured in a pool. Haven't solo mined so can't comment on that.
copper member
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
asddd 250-270 on fx-8320
asdddddddddddddddddddd
i make only 75-80 on my
i5-4570
i am using cpumultiminer of lucasjones
you?
8 threads, 30H/s or so a thread on cpumultiminer and simpleminer. Just make sure you're running the threads you can or all the instances of simpleminer for each thread.
Activity: 80
(reply).
I am not a dev, I know how to write semantically significant HTML, this is all. I am a team member, different. What I cannot bring with code, I bring it with communication, suggestion, writing, webhosting... Like Ludom does for NXT, by the way.
For the technical specifications, read the cryptonote whitepaper, our OP. There are post where we sum up our additions to the orignal Bytecoin code and so far, I believe fluffypony's Tenebrix/blockchain post is the best summary at hand (the post you are linking is a great one, we agree on that)
For the Panama part, I had several email exchanges with the said "joke" even on Sunday morning, when a DDoS happened and he was with his family. Of course, you don' have to believe me.
(your English is good, really, stop underestimating yourself, most French do underestimate their level in English)

Let's stop this useless confrontation. I'm currently owning a substantial part of my little investment in MRO and I believe this is the coin of the moment. My financial interest is to see monero going "to the moon". In my opinion, it is better than Darkcoin, not only because I left Darkcoin, but also from a programmer point of view. But to be honest, I can't see why this coin would survive more than others after pump-dump period. Anyway my opinion won't influence MRO price, big whale traders don't care what we are saying here.

Currently, I think the anomaly is Darkcoin, not Monero (fairer and technically better).

I hope crypto-currencies succeed, monero or another coin is of little relevance. Sorry for the annoyance.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

Have to disagree.  The goal shouldn't be to have an "investment", its a currency for use as a tool.

I'd rather see trade-facilitation stuff built in, and a greater circulation - the value inherent in the coin will be driven by market uptake.  The reason BTC was successful initially is it was used for a large range of commercial transactions.. being able to spend it on goods/services created the demand and built the price.

Artificially limiting the number of coins to preserve the current spot price is just a short-term prop for traders, and ultimately adds no value to the currency.  Without the means to use it to buy actual items, its worthless, just like fiat.

There is nothing "artificial". The initial number of coins that a coin creator chooses is more or less arbitrary. Whether tomorrow one uses 2 MROs that cost 5$ or 1 MRO that costs 10$ for a pizza is irrelevant.

In real world terms there are "hard currencies" and not so hard currencies. If you live in a country with not-so-hard currency (that's pretty much 70-80% of the planet really) you appreciate more a currency which is stable in value and is not being debased frantically. You can't have debasement like 50-100% per year etc. It's problematic for investment / problematic as a store of value that one can buy.

Currencies should have adequate store of value. That's my economic viewpoint on this issue.
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
(reply).
I am not a dev, I know how to write semantically significant HTML, this is all. I am a team member, different. What I cannot bring with code, I bring it with communication, suggestion, writing, webhosting... Like Ludom does for NXT, by the way.
For the technical specifications, read the cryptonote whitepaper, our OP. There are post where we sum up our additions to the orignal Bytecoin code and so far, I believe fluffypony's Tenebrix/blockchain post is the best summary at hand (the post you are linking is a great one, we agree on that)
For the Panama part, I had several email exchanges with the said "joke" even on Sunday morning, when a DDoS happened and he was with his family. Of course, you don' have to believe me.
(your English is good, really, stop underestimating yourself, most French do underestimate their level in English)
Activity: 196
What is the difference between monero and bytecoin? Is monero just a fork of bytecoin?

This has been answered many times before in this thread.

Then why so important information hasn't been added to the first post so far?

Also, please give link or tell briefly about it.

Reading first post of monero and we page bytecoin.org one can elucidate the difference between the two in seconds
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
how many coins can i expect every day from a hash rade of 10KHASH /s ? ( yea  i wrote right ... 10 khash.... im admin of 2 racks 42 u each rack has 40 servers with 2 x e5620 which will bring me  around 250 Hash /sec

so 40*250 = 10000 = 10khash. ... the other rack will be busy to other work Smiley

a good profit calculator would be good

regards

About 80 mro per day according to the bot in #monero on irc
legendary
Activity: 1588

Have to disagree.  The goal shouldn't be to have an "investment", its a currency for use as a tool.

I'd rather see trade-facilitation stuff built in, and a greater circulation - the value inherent in the coin will be driven by market uptake.  The reason BTC was successful initially is it was used for a large range of commercial transactions.. being able to spend it on goods/services created the demand and built the price.

Oh please...
copper member
How do you get H/s dat high?

I get only 25-40 H/s on 14 Threads  Huh
Activity: 649
Merit: 505
how many coins can i expect every day from a hash rade of 10KHASH /s ? ( yea  i wrote right ... 10 khash.... im admin of 2 racks 42 u each rack has 40 servers with 2 x e5620 which will bring me  around 250 Hash /sec

so 40*250 = 10000 = 10khash. ... the other rack will be busy to other work Smiley

a good profit calculator would be good

regards
Activity: 109
asddd 250-270 on fx-8320
asdddddddddddddddddddd
i make only 75-80 on my
i5-4570
i am using cpumultiminer of lucasjones
you?
Jump to: