Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1948. (Read 4670562 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Is there any way to transfer MRO from exchange to exchange directly?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
It was 0 in all my atempts.

I've just transfered 1 coin and it worked. So aparently I had to split in ONE-COIN transaction whatever I need to transfer to the exchange. This is insane...  Shocked
you don't have to do that. People are transfering thousands of coins in one transaction without problem. You can try transfer a random amount to another address of yours to see if the problem still occur.

Yes, same error.

By any chance those who transfer thousand of coins are small miners? Do they get those thousands of coins throught hundreds of thousands of little transactions from pools to their wallets? Because that's how I get my 2 coins. My pool made almost a hundred transactions to send me those 2 coins.

Literally people can transfer any amount within one transaction, there is no limit. I don't know what's your problem but it should be local.

Yes, there is a size limit. If your coins have a lot of little inputs it's easy to reach that limit.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
something is going on, price will go up in the next 12 hours over 0.01  Wink

Bittrex is adding support for cryptonote coins.
legendary
Activity: 1344
The windows 32 binary does not work and is corrupt when you try to extract the zip file.

Can someone please sort.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
how do I transfer coin into polo?

can you guys give me an example? please.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Anyone looking to invest in Monero, I suggest looking at Boolberry first. I know the name is kind of silly, but the developer actually implements real changes to the coin, unlike Monero. Monero's biggest achievement (optimized miner) is laughable. Also, Monero has an extremely fast reward curve, 86% in 4 years. Boolberry corrects this.

Thread hijacking is not cool. With all due respect to the BBR work, you don't see us going over there and telling people why they should drop BBR because the slightly more conservative approach of Monero is better for a coin to maintain a high level of users confidence and value.

Please show us the same respect.

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Anyone looking to invest in Monero, I suggest looking at Boolberry first. I know the name is kind of silly, but the developer actually implements real changes to the coin, unlike Monero. Monero's biggest achievement (optimized miner) is laughable. Also, Monero has an extremely fast reward curve, 86% in 4 years. Boolberry corrects this.
legendary
Activity: 1386
something is going on, price will go up in the next 12 hours over 0.01  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
I just joined the club

I've slowly been buying (up to 500 Monero)

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
New thread for Speculation and stuff to unclutter the main thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-xmr-speculation-thread-622708
legendary
Activity: 1344

The dev of Darkcoin implemented a Much much more advanced CoinJoin than maxwell did.. You cannot compare the two. The darksend/masternode system is as anonymous as Ring Signatues.

The Darkcoin dev himself says Ring Signatures are more anonymous. Which is why he wanted to implement them in Darkcoin.

His words were pretty much, he will be implementing ring signatures, which will substantially improve anonymity.

It's pretty sad you bash MRO every day in here. You make yourself look quite the embarassment. Would you like us to post in your topic constantly bashing Darkcoin's weaknesses?
Activity: 994
I still will sell small amounts when price gets extreme to reduce overall cost basis, make no mistake,

I have followed your guidance this far and it has treated me well, not from a sell standpoint but as someone who is here for the long term. What would you consider a good price to sell to reduce over all cost basis?

I agree with there needing to be a mining thread if not an overall how-to support type thread, to limit the uneeded questions that are repeaded so often.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
For those who care, I have decided to increase my MRO allocation.

I have two suggestions for this thread:

1) minimize replies to trolls.  just point them at a faq.  oops no good faq yet.

2) split mining related topics into another thread.

Activity: 994
I know you're a major Darkcoin advocate and I don't mind you being into Darkcoin, but the lies you spread are borderline fraud.
- Monero offers the Bytecoin tech without the pre-mine, also MRO developers are leading all miner and client speed improvements over Bytecoin. They really are now in the lead.
- The community agrees with this, that is why MRO hashrate is currently higher than all other CryptoNote coins combined.
- Darksend is not a good improvement, great minds in Bitcoin IRC talked about how it's not all that great. It has centralisation issues, trust issues, attack issues.
- Ring sig in Monero cannot be compared to Darkcoin, Darkcoin is mere puff in comparison.

These guys are just trying to protect their assets and spead arbitrary rhetoric. The majority of the Darkcoin community has no clue how it all works on bothsides, so they will beleive what is written, so it is in the best interest for them to jump over here and say these things. No one has highjacked their thread in an attempt to make it fall, this will happen on its own. At the end of the day, a good handful of people only see its trading cost and really could careless about everything associated.
legendary
Activity: 1386
What's the difference between monero and darkcoin?

Monero is simply a fully decentralised anonymous transaction CryptoCoin. Darkcoin requires centralised (rich get richer) nodes to perform CoinJoin anonymity.

The creator of CoinJoin (a core Bitcoin developer) has said CoinJoin is in every way inferior to Monero tech.

So simply put, Darkcoin is a weak attempt to implement an inferior technology. However it's being pumped 24 hours a day as the Bitcoin killer and the followers believe the Darkcoin lead developer to be the next Satoshi.

They actually believe Darkcoin is the final CryptoCoin. I would urge caution.

Monero, Bitcoin and even Ethereum and not the final CryptoCoin, far from it.

Are you part of the Monero Core Team? If so, you are sure misinformed.

The dev of Darkcoin implemented a Much much more advanced CoinJoin than maxwell did.. You cannot compare the two. The darksend/masternode system is as anonymous as Ring Signatues.

Monero offers: Ring Signatures copied from Bytecoin

Darkcoin offers: Masternodes that act as an incentive to uphold the network AND allow anonymous payments, and Darkcoin will also have Ring Signatures and I2P in a few months. Plus, Darkcoin will be the first to do so, it's already the first to implement advanced CoinJoin tech in a coin plus it's the first coin to have the x11 algo, which is much more asic resistant than Litecoin.

Monero is a copy/clone of Bytecoin and offers nothing innovative besides stealing work from another coin(Bytecoin). This coin has no future sorry to say. Anyone who disagrees is either a huge stakeholder in monero or a troll. There's no iff's about it, Copycat clones with no innovation like Monero never go far.

As I type this..There are  other Bytecoin clone's out with Monero such as HoneyPenny, Quazarcoin, and FantomCoin, and Bytecoin which Monero was forked/cloned/copied from, what makes Monero special? Nothing.

Pls stop lying, i have the suspicion, that all Darkcoin people who are posting in this thread talking bad about the coin and are lying.
You are so poor.  Kiss
legendary

Darkcoin offers: Masternodes that act as an incentive to uphold the network AND allow anonymous payments, and Darkcoin will also have Ring Signatures and I2P in a few months. Plus, Darkcoin will be the first to do so, it's already the first to implement advanced CoinJoin tech in a coin plus it's the first coin to have the x11 algo, which is much more asic resistant than Litecoin.

Monero is a copy/clone of Bytecoin and offers nothing innovative besides stealing work from another coin(Bytecoin). This coin has no future sorry to say. Anyone who disagrees is either a huge stakeholder in monero or a troll. There's no iff's about it, Copycat clones with no innovation like Monero never go far.

As I type this..There are  other Bytecoin clone's out with Monero such as HoneyPenny, Quazarcoin, and FantomCoin, and Bytecoin which Monero was forked/cloned/copied from, what makes Monero special? Nothing.

I know you're a major Darkcoin advocate and I don't mind you being into Darkcoin, but the lies you spread are borderline fraud.

- Monero offers the Bytecoin tech without the pre-mine, also MRO developers are leading all miner and client speed improvements over Bytecoin. They really are now in the lead.

- The community agrees with this, that is why MRO hashrate is currently higher than all other CryptoNote coins combined.

- Darksend is not a good improvement, great minds in Bitcoin IRC talked about how it's not all that great. It has centralisation issues, trust issues, attack issues.

- Ring sig in Monero cannot be compared to Darkcoin, Darkcoin is mere puff in comparison.
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
@Darkota : LOL. Not much confident in DRK anymore if you have to spread such lies? or are you just boderline idiotic ? U should sell your DRK for any Cryptonote coin before the market realise that DRK doesnt even protect your privacy as most masternodes are centralized within amazon servers. Seriously sell fast. You technology is has been and you guys are in a bubble. Get your profit and leave before its too late!
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
is there a bounty on a german translation? I could make a proper one
Activity: 770

Monero is simply a fully decentralised anonymous transaction CryptoCoin. Darkcoin requires centralised (rich get richer) nodes to perform CoinJoin anonymity.

The creator of CoinJoin (a core Bitcoin developer) has said CoinJoin is in every way inferior to Monero tech.

So simply put, Darkcoin is a weak attempt to implement an inferior technology. However it's being pumped 24 hours a day as the Bitcoin killer and the followers believe the Darkcoin lead developer to be the next Satoshi.

Are you part of the Monero Core Team? If so, you are sure misinformed.

legendary

Jump to: