Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1945. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 500
http://moneropool.org has a 10% bonus  Wink After that promo it has 0% fees.

Hey Surfer, How long is that set to last?
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
I am mining on monero.crypto-pool.fr and on extremehash.com. What do you think should I do if I am doing anything wrong.
If you are getting good payouts, I wouldnt change a thing

The first pool has got 2% fee whereas the second has got no fees. Yet I am mining on the first one now but I will soon point my miner onto second one.
http://moneropool.org has a 10% bonus  Wink After that promo it has 0% fees.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029
I am mining on monero.crypto-pool.fr and on extremehash.com. What do you think should I do if I am doing anything wrong.

The first pool has got 2% fee whereas the second has got no fees. Yet I am mining on the first one now but I will soon point my miner onto second one.
Can someone with sufficient and unbaised knowledge please explain to me why MRO is only listed on a few small exchanges and why it has basically flatlined while darkcoin has gone through the roof?

What is it that has made darkcoin so much more attractive than MRO?
The factual answer is because it is new and relatively unknown, and the software isn't even mature (no GUI wallet, etc.)
Although this is less factual, I would also say that DRK is much more hyped.
I also wouldn't say that MRO has flatlined just because it isn't doubling every single day. It's up a huge amount over the past few weeks.

The 1000DRK Masternode has caused alot of bulk buys which has caused a dramatic increase.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Can someone with sufficient and unbaised knowledge please explain to me why MRO is only listed on a few small exchanges and why it has basically flatlined while darkcoin has gone through the roof?

The factual answer is because it is new and relatively unknown, and the software isn't even mature (no GUI wallet, etc.)

I also wouldn't say that MRO has flatlined just because it isn't doubling every single day. It's up a huge amount over the past few weeks.

Thanks for the answers everyone. More than my initial question - what I really am trying to understand is which type of anonymity DRK vs. MRO has more long term advantages?  Whats the case for one or the other? Or will they simply be competing?

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

My miner (CPU) is going crazy today. With only a small power of 10 H/s, its submitting nearly 5 shares within a minute.
The pool you are mining on must have a very low share difficulty.

Im thinking minergate. For me it was only at 180 and I was pushing 800h/s to it. Moved away from it though
My miner (CPU) is going crazy today. With only a small power of 10 H/s, its submitting nearly 5 shares within a minute.
The pool you are mining on must have a very low share difficulty.

What pool are you hashing at?
legendary
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
how can you say that bytecoin.org used it before. you were not even part of that conversation at the very beginning and that when all the cicada 3301 conspiracy was flying around. your credibility is in question.

I'll accept being wrong about BCN as I was going purely from memory, but I'd advise not making accusations against someone who isn't picking a fight nor has any reason to lie. I was very much a part of the conversations, and I have no need to prove anything to you.
Activity: 199
Merit: 101
I just started solo mining at about 155-165 H/s. Should I be on a pool instead?
Also, is this about normal for an i7 980?
Pretty nice hash rate for a 980.
Rare chance of getting a block in a day, but a month? It's possible, and would be very $$$ if so.

Yeah pool mining is your best bet. Im getting about 2-3 a day with a I7 4770 at around the same hash and I dont risk not finding a block
Activity: 979
Merit: 510

Pretty nice hash rate for a 980.
Rare chance of getting a block in a day, but a month? It's possible, and would be very $$$ if so.

22:04 < surfer43> !calc 160
22:04 < MoneroBot> With 160 H/s you should get 1.80 MRO per Day

Looks like at the current difficulty you should get a block on average every 9 days, but of course it may be longer or shorter. If you want less variance than that at the expense of some efficiency, mine on a pool. Although cpuminer's optimizations may offset that effiency loss, not sure...

That hashrate sounds in the right range. If you're on Windows it may be slower than it would be on Linux..
legendary

someone just asked this on reddit I'll copy and paste an answer:

the anonomity feature is highly profitable
people contributing to the laundry require 1000 drk to participate, but those people also split 10% of the block reward... but blocks come in every 2.5 minutes
so on a daily basis people can make A LOT if they invest 1000 drk into a masternode server.
so not only are people buying 1000 drk at a time, they are also removing drk from the supply since they won't be so likely to sell as they are earning more dark with minimal to zero overhead costs

How many MRO will there be?
Around 18.4m, it's in the OP.

Thanks I must be blind. I read that OP a couple of times and did not see it.

Btw, I also couldn't find a forum, but so I will post this here. I am willing to buy 10BTC worth of MRO at current exchanges prices if anyone is interested. PM if you are.

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

someone just asked this on reddit I'll copy and paste an answer:

the anonomity feature is highly profitable
people contributing to the laundry require 1000 drk to participate, but those people also split 10% of the block reward... but blocks come in every 2.5 minutes
so on a daily basis people can make A LOT if they invest 1000 drk into a masternode server.
so not only are people buying 1000 drk at a time, they are also removing drk from the supply since they won't be so likely to sell as they are earning more dark with minimal to zero overhead costs

How many MRO will there be?
Around 18.4m, it's in the OP.
legendary

darkcoin is much better for you and you should go to that thread and stay there. you will be better educated about the benefits of dark coin over there.

Lol. I'm not hyping darkcoin. I don't own any of it.
Jump to: