Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1944. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Anyone know what is causing the orphans?

http://moneropool.com/#pool_blocks
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

On the Mac I only see "Lib" folder and none of the wallet related files you mention. Are these somewhere else?

After downloading, you should see a Lib folder and four executables: bitmonerod, simplewallet, simpleminer, connectivity_tool. If you created a wallet, then in the same folder you also have wallet.bin, wallet.bin.keys, and wallet.bin.address.txt.

If you don't see the last 3, it means you never actually created a wallet. Don't just open simplewallet from the finder by double clicking. You need to call it from the terminal with the command I showed before: ./simplewallet --generate-new-wallet wallet.bin
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Is there a way to retrieve a password?

By design, no. Otherwise someone could just access your funds as long as they had your keys file.

The wallet program doesn't have any memory of what it created and when; it just looks for .keys files in the same directory depending on your call argument. Delete your wallet-related files and start over (there's a .bin, a .bin.keys, and a text file with the address).

Call it from terminal for the first time with:

./simplewallet --generate-new-wallet wallet.bin

And every subsequent time with:

./simplewallet --wallet wallet.bin

On the Mac I only see "Lib" folder and none of the wallet related files you mention. Are these somewhere else?

By design, no. Otherwise someone could just access your funds as long as they had your keys file.

The wallet program doesn't have any memory of what it created and when; it just looks for .keys files in the same directory depending on your call argument. Delete your wallet-related files and start over (there's a .bin, a .bin.keys, and a text file with the address).

Call it from terminal for the first time with:

./simplewallet --generate-new-wallet wallet.bin

And every subsequent time with:

./simplewallet --wallet wallet.bin
legendary
legendary
I am using Mac. I synced fine. Then I created a wallet and password.

But everytime I close out simplewallet and reopen it, it says my wallet does not exists.

What am I doing wrong?

simplewallet needs to be called with the argument "--wallet wallet.bin", if wallet.bin is what you named it.

Well, what I did several times - is I didn't know how to call it. So it asked me for a password and then I created a password and then it created a wallet name. And then I saved everything. Then I exited because I wanted to test password with wallet. But when I reopen simple wallet and put in the wallet name, it says it does not exist.

EDIT: It looks like it only recognizes the first wallet I ever created. But that wallet's password is not working. So I'm going around in circles.
Activity: 518
MRO fans post everyday Grin

But everytime I close out simplewallet and reopen it, it says my wallet does not exists.

What am I doing wrong?

simplewallet needs to be called with the argument "--wallet wallet.bin", if wallet.bin is what you named it.
legendary

What am I doing wrong?

Also: the 32 bit for Windows is saying the .exe file is not 32 bit compatible. A little frustrating.
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Hello, we've just reviewed and scored Monero on www.CoinsSoruce.com
Launched on April 18, 2014, not April 24. This was not the original ANN thread.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
Hello, we've just reviewed and scored Monero on www.CoinsSoruce.com
We understand that Monero is still in its infancy in terms of support and on the markets. We will be keeping a close watch on future progress of Monero.

This coin received a 3.19/5, which ranks amongst the best scored coins on Coins Source. We tried to cover all the basic aspects for our users.
http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/monero/

Keep up the good work!
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
how can you say that bytecoin.org used it before. you were not even part of that conversation at the very beginning and that when all the cicada 3301 conspiracy was flying around. your credibility is in question.

I'll accept being wrong about BCN as I was going purely from memory, but I'd advise not making accusations against someone who isn't picking a fight nor has any reason to lie. I was very much a part of the conversations, and I have no need to prove anything to you.

but people come here for information. you were speaking with authority. with the fud going on with dark, it is important to speak factually as some rely on it for information

I apologize for being incorrect. I stated the facts as I thought I remembered them. That said, this is the MRO thread, not the BCN thread. Anyone looking for BCN related info is in the wrong place, anyway.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
I feel all the recent influx of BCN clones are just all cut and paste jobs from the same person to cash in on the anon buzz lately as they have all popped up recently.

So !!!

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept behind them and makes interesting reading seeing how it actually works under the hood.
well
with a little thought and minimal research, it is evident that that is not the case.
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
http://moneropool.org has a 10% bonus  Wink After that promo it has 0% fees.

Hey Surfer, How long is that set to last?
At least for our next 20 blocks, probably longer  Smiley
Activity: 339
I feel all the recent influx of BCN clones are just all cut and paste jobs from the same person to cash in on the anon buzz lately as they have all popped up recently.

So !!!

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept behind them and makes interesting reading seeing how it actually works under the hood.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
how can you say that bytecoin.org used it before. you were not even part of that conversation at the very beginning and that when all the cicada 3301 conspiracy was flying around. your credibility is in question.

I'll accept being wrong about BCN as I was going purely from memory, but I'd advise not making accusations against someone who isn't picking a fight nor has any reason to lie. I was very much a part of the conversations, and I have no need to prove anything to you.

but people come here for information. you were speaking with authority. with the fud going on with dark, it is important to speak factually as some rely on it for information
very sad but very true
Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Guys, is there a thread for BCN?
Jump to: