Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2051. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Bitmonero and Monero are the same thing then? TFT is clearly not on board. He ignores any questions about Monero.  

There is one and only one coin, formerly called Bitmonero, now called Monero. There was a community vote in favor (despite likely ballot stuffing against). All of the major stakeholders at the time agreed with the rename, including TFT.

The code base is still called bitmonero. There is no reason to rename it, though we certainly could have if we really wanted to.

TFT said he he is sentimental about the Bitmonero name, which I can understand, so I don't think there is any malice or harm in him continuing to use it. He just posted the nice hash rate chart on here using the old name. Obviously he understands that they are one and the same coin.

Would it not suppress confusion if the Monero code base was renamed Monero?  I'n not involved in politics behind things but have some understanding.  People without any knowledge will just be confused.  Now there are too many threads.  Is it Bitmonero or Monero?  People say Monero but all code uses Bitmonero.  Many people confused.  It's bad for Monero.  I think it's problem.  
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
TFT is still maintaining the Bitmonero thread and the Github. TFT commited several changes on May 8. The clients are moving are further away.

Those were catch-up changes that were already on the Monero github (and all the other CryptoNote coins). In fact, TFT's repository is outdated even with those changes.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Bitmonero and Monero are the same thing then? TFT is clearly not on board. He ignores any questions about Monero.  

There is one and only one coin, formerly called Bitmonero, now called Monero. There was a community vote in favor (despite likely ballot stuffing against). All of the major stakeholders at the time agreed with the rename, including TFT.

The code base is still called bitmonero. There is no reason to rename it, though we certainly could have if we really wanted to.

TFT said he he is sentimental about the Bitmonero name, which I can understand, so I don't think there is any malice or harm in him continuing to use it. He just posted the nice hash rate chart on here using the old name. Obviously he understands that they are one and the same coin.

TFT is still maintaining the Bitmonero thread and the Github. TFT commited several changes on May 8. The clients are moving are further away.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
They just lowered it to 2.5%.

What a great deal!
Seems some people think so. They have 10 TH/S on BTC mining.  Huh

yikes
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Anyone knows how many coins there are? Couldn't find the explorer.

cheers

number of blocks*17.2 . Something around that.
Activity: 308
Anyone knows how many coins there are? Couldn't find the explorer.

cheers
"Trading Platform of The Future!"

What a great deal!
Seems some people think so. They have 10 TH/S on BTC mining.  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

What a great deal!

I'm pretty sure we are going to see better and cheaper pools very soon thanks to the Monero project.

Out of the Cryptonote coins, I'm inclined to go with BCN, because no one cares about premine outside of miners. .

Grin

No one cares? What if a few people own most of the worlds total wealth? We will be their puppets, so what? No one cares  Cheesy
It's inconsequential as far as adoption goes. If BCN had a top notch developer, and Monero had a mediocre one, BCN's distribution wouldn't stop it from dominating. That being said, I don't know much about the developers involved in either project.

I know nothing of BCN developers either.  I do know of advancements made by Monero devs.

There is now first Cryptonote Coin exchange.

Open source pool is working and final touches completed soon.

BCN around for long time and nothing moves forward.  Just closed source pool with 10% fee.

10%!!!!

Lol
Activity: 658
Out of the Cryptonote coins, I'm inclined to go with BCN, because no one cares about premine outside of miners. .

Grin

No one cares? What if a few people own most of the worlds total wealth? We will be their puppets, so what? No one cares  Cheesy
It's inconsequential as far as adoption goes. If BCN had a top notch developer, and Monero had a mediocre one, BCN's distribution wouldn't stop it from dominating. That being said, I don't know much about the developers involved in either project.

I know nothing of BCN developers either.  I do know of advancements made by Monero devs.

BCN around for long time and nothing moves forward.  Just closed source pool with 10% fee.

10%!!!!

Lol

Grin

Activity: 826

Grin

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Stagnation is Death

Who own Cryptnote.exchanges.to ? I feel too risky to trade there.
It is run by TheKoziTwo.
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Seems like there's 3 coins using the exact same technology. Still uncertain which of these, if any will succeed. Out of the Cryptonote coins, I'm inclined to go with BCN, because no one cares about premine outside of miners. The coin that will win is the one with the best devs, that's all.  I do think that DRK will win the anonymity battle. It has the momentum. Regardless of what technology another coin has, once DRK is established as the anonymous coin, it won't really matter.  

darkcoin is actually CoinJoin technology, so its privacy is not strong as Cryptonote or Zero-Knowledge Proof. CoinJoin is already exists in Bitcoin mixing services, and now with incoming Dark Wallet for Bitcoin, why Bitcoin users would flee to Darkcoin for Anonymity purpose ?

If people want stronger privacy than CoinJoin and Dark Wallet, they would go to CryptoNote or (incoming) Zerocash.

And don't forget 2 million DRK coin instamined over total 22 million supply. Darkcoin block rewards was 200 per block at first, then it was changed to 20 after developer and his mates instamined 2 million coins.
Seems like there's 3 coins using the exact same technology. Still uncertain which of these, if any will succeed. Out of the Cryptonote coins, I'm inclined to go with BCN, because no one cares about premine outside of miners. The coin that will win is the one with the best devs, that's all.  I do think that DRK will win the anonymity battle. It has the momentum. Regardless of what technology another coin has, once DRK is established as the anonymous coin, it won't really matter.  

People care about BCN ninja mine.  That's why Monero has surpassed BCN in hashrate in just couple weeks.

Monero devs are as good as any if not better.

DRK is lots hype.  Coin is one large complicated environment.  What happen when masternodes start get hacked because all these people without any knowlege are setting them up.  Then maybe government setup masternodes and control majority.  Things to think about.  
Activity: 280
Who cares?
Seems like there's 3 coins using the exact same technology. Still uncertain which of these, if any will succeed. Out of the Cryptonote coins, I'm inclined to go with BCN, because no one cares about premine outside of miners. The coin that will win is the one with the best devs, that's all.  I do think that DRK will win the anonymity battle. It has the momentum. Regardless of what technology another coin has, once DRK is established as the anonymous coin, it won't really matter. In addition, once DRK adds ring signatures, it will have reputation as well as technology.

Nobody cares about an 80% premine besides miners?
DRK is anonymous? Since when?  Huh
Since 2 weeks ago, for transactions of up to 10 DRK. The limit will be lifted in a couple weeks.
DRK is anonymous? Since when?  Huh
Seems like there's 3 coins using the exact same technology. Still uncertain which of these, if any will succeed. Out of the Cryptonote coins, I'm inclined to go with BCN, because no one cares about premine outside of miners. The coin that will win is the one with the best devs, that's all.  I do think that DRK will win the anonymity battle. It has the momentum. Regardless of what technology another coin has, once DRK is established as the anonymous coin, it won't really matter. In addition, once DRK adds ring signatures, it will have reputation as well as technology.
Jump to: