Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2054. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I want to buy some MRO under 10W sat.. Grin
Activity: 434
bitcoinvest.cc
Portuguese translation (fixed)  Wink

Português
U
Activity: 503
Merit: 106
ring signature? how to realize it?
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
We should voting to some big exchange like Mintpal
Asked, waiting for answer. But this can be a double-edged sword too (fast growth, fast-death).
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
We have reviewed everything that is going on with the community and other CryptoNote coins. As Bitmonero/Monero is contributing to the development of applied aspects we're going to officially announce it as a CryptoNote currency.

We hope that the current confusion will be figured out among the community members.

However, we need a logo to add to the website. At least, 50x50 px.

https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=162&p=566#p566

Thank you. We will work on selecting a logo in the near future.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
How to deposit MRO to cryptonote. I can't find my MRO deposit address
Can somebody help me

cryptonote.exchange.to

Under deposit for cryptonote currencies select MRO then your amount.

Next click generate deposit address and then copy that command to your simple wallet window.

The reason its like this is to prevent mistakes when sending so doing this generates the whole transfer code.

think you very much...
It's too hard for the people who english is poor just like me..
hope the wallet GUI coming soon..

GUI is available to test, but if you dont know what your doing I would wait.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Can somebody help me

cryptonote.exchange.to

Next click generate deposit address and then copy that command to your simple wallet window.

The reason its like this is to prevent mistakes when sending so doing this generates the whole transfer code.

think you very much...
It's too hard for the people who english is poor just like me..
hope the wallet GUI coming soon..
Can somebody help me

cryptonote.exchange.to

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
We have reviewed everything that is going on with the community and other CryptoNote coins. As Bitmonero/Monero is contributing to the development of applied aspects we're going to officially announce it as a CryptoNote currency.

We hope that the current confusion will be figured out among the community members.

However, we need a logo to add to the website. At least, 50x50 px.

https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=162&p=566#p566
Activity: 518
Can somebody help me

cryptonote.exchange.to
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
IMO Bitmonero is the first clean launch, and I still didn't get why Monero is doing well and have chances to exist

there are many reasons why. Please read posts. summary below
1. tft did not communicate well.
2. tft created a coin with some problems. no test before launch.
3. bitmonero and monero are the exact same coin right now and have been
4. tft was ok with name change as the community that was present at that time did not like it
5. initial launch of bitmonero (same as monero) had difficulties. it simply a direct clone of bcn. some changes that were made by tft may have continued problems and are currently being worked on by current devs.
  emission curve -not what was promised by tft.  block confirmation time of 1 minute instead of two minutes, no gui at launch, no block explorer at launch, no pools at launch.
Activity: 126
Merit: 101
Hashrate chart update.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I'm trying to get the wallet compiled on a debian system, but I'm stuck with this error:

Code:
[ 46%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/connectivity_tool.dir/connectivity_tool/conn_tool.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable connectivity_tool
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `_ZN5boost15program_options16validation_errorC1ENS1_6kind_tERKSsS4_i.local.3931':
ccKPm5bW.ltrans0.o:(.text+0x5485): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::validation_error::get_template(boost::program_options::validation_error::kind_t)'
ccKPm5bW.ltrans0.o:(.text+0x549d): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::error_with_option_name(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&, int)'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `_ZN5boost15program_options22error_with_option_nameD2Ev.local.451':
ccKPm5bW.ltrans0.o:(.text+0x5fd3): undefined reference to `vtable for boost::program_options::error_with_option_name'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans0.ltrans.o:(.rodata._ZTIN5boost15program_options15multiple_valuesE[_ZTIN5boost15program_options15multiple_valuesE]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for boost::program_options::error_with_option_name'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans0.ltrans.o:(.rodata._ZTIN5boost15program_options20multiple_occurrencesE[_ZTIN5boost15program_options20multiple_occurrencesE]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for boost::program_options::error_with_option_name'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans0.ltrans.o:(.rodata._ZTIN5boost15program_options15required_optionE[_ZTIN5boost15program_options15required_optionE]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for boost::program_options::error_with_option_name'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans0.ltrans.o:(.rodata._ZTIN5boost15program_options14invalid_syntaxE[_ZTIN5boost15program_options14invalid_syntaxE]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for boost::program_options::error_with_option_name'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans0.ltrans.o:(.rodata._ZTIN5boost15program_options25error_with_no_option_nameE[_ZTIN5boost15program_options25error_with_no_option_nameE]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for boost::program_options::error_with_option_name'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans1.ltrans.o: In function `_ZN5boost15program_options22error_with_option_nameC2ERKS1_.local.1997':
ccKPm5bW.ltrans1.o:(.text+0x34fc): undefined reference to `vtable for boost::program_options::error_with_option_name'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans1.ltrans.o:(.rodata._ZTIN5boost15program_options16validation_errorE[_ZTIN5boost15program_options16validation_errorE]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for boost::program_options::error_with_option_name'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans6.ltrans.o:(.rodata+0x260): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::what() const'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans6.ltrans.o:(.rodata+0x270): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::substitute_placeholders(std::string const&) const'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans6.ltrans.o:(.rodata+0x2c8): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::what() const'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans6.ltrans.o:(.rodata+0x2d8): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::substitute_placeholders(std::string const&) const'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans7.ltrans.o: In function `_ZN5boost15program_options25basic_command_line_parserIcE3runEv.local.2862.14631':
ccKPm5bW.ltrans7.o:(.text+0x8e2): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::get_canonical_option_prefix()'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans23.ltrans.o:(.rodata+0x20): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::what() const'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans23.ltrans.o:(.rodata+0x30): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::substitute_placeholders(std::string const&) const'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans23.ltrans.o:(.rodata+0x5a8): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::what() const'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans23.ltrans.o:(.rodata+0x5b8): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::substitute_placeholders(std::string const&) const'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans23.ltrans.o:(.rodata+0x8c0): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::what() const'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans23.ltrans.o:(.rodata+0x8d0): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::substitute_placeholders(std::string const&) const'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans23.ltrans.o:(.rodata+0x900): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::what() const'
/tmp/ccKPm5bW.ltrans23.ltrans.o:(.rodata+0x910): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::error_with_option_name::substitute_placeholders(std::string const&) const'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [src/connectivity_tool] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home//bitmonero/build/release'
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/connectivity_tool.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home//bitmonero/build/release'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home//bitmonero/build/release'
make: *** [build-release] Error 2

Someone has a hint for me?
Activity: 280
When the GUI done, I think more than more people will  interest to this coin
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Another thing to make privacy mandatory is to force a minimum ambiguity factor, but I don't think that's a good idea. Ring signatures increase block size and most of the time an average user doesn't care about privacy beyond what's already provided by stealth addressing. And sometimes users deliberately want traceable payments.

I'm not sure how useful traceable payments are as a feature in reality, since they are only traceable back to the generated one-time address you mentioned earlier, not the public address. I guess it is possible that could be useful in some way, but I'm not sure how.

I think there may be some merit in a small minimum mix factor (maybe even 1) that doesn't require very large ring signatures but even a small factor produces a high degree of mixing over a sequence of hops (which a mix of zero does not)
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
hum...Price seems to be inflated by the fact there is no pools yet. Like Riecoin at launch. Nice coin though.
Activity: 560
a ring signature coin should employ its mix net to supply ephemeral tunnels so that all transactors disappear into the crowd.

to avoid taint, privacy cannot be optional.  ideally it should be impossible to reuse an address.

monero is technically evolvable to deal with these points.

The one-time address is generated with using a hash that takes a random number as part of its input. That random number can be anything between 1 and a prime number near 2^252. Of course, "random" = pseudorandom, but I don't think it's realistically possible to generate the same key twice. So this feature is already enforced.

Another thing to make privacy mandatory is to force a minimum ambiguity factor, but I don't think that's a good idea. Ring signatures increase block size and most of the time an average user doesn't care about privacy beyond what's already provided by stealth addressing. And sometimes users deliberately want traceable payments.

I do think built-in (optional) I2P/Tor is desirable.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
a ring signature coin should employ its mix net to supply ephemeral tunnels so that all transactors disappear into the crowd.

to avoid taint, privacy cannot be optional.  ideally it should be impossible to reuse an address.

How would you reuse an address with the current tool chain? I don't think it is possible, certainly not easy.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

I have a pool set up. As soon as the payments and front end is worked out, I will open it for the public.

What fee will you be charging?
Jump to: