Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2074. (Read 4669844 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I don't mind the 'relaunch' or the merge-mining fork or any other new coin at all. It's inevitable that the CryptoNote progresses like scrypt into a giant mess of coins. It's not undesirable or 'wrong'. Clones fighting out among themselves is actually beneficial for Monero. Although one of them is clearly unserious and trolling by choosing the same name.

Anyway, this sudden solidarity with BCN or TFT sure is strange when none of these accounts were around for the discussions that took place 3 weeks ago. Such vested interests with no prior indications. Hmm...? Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I was actually hoping that you were busy writing a reply to my topic. How many times should I ask the question so that you start answering it?
As I said earler: when you will apologize for insulting people (which as nothing to do with agreeing or not with your content), then I will reply. As long as you will be rude, I won't reply.

For all: this holds true to anyone, not just Rias. I don't reply to people resorting to insults - other may, not me.
Don't see an insult, but ok, we'll make it more corteous:
Good, now we can talk again Smiley
But since things have changed so fast since then, could you sum up the question wihch still make sense for me to answer to?[/quote]
Monero Core Team
Anybody who has been at this a while can spot a coin that has major future potential easily, people running server farms are generally very good at this too.  If I had a server farm this is where I'd be pointing it at without a doubt in my mind.
Exactly. This is an evidence of long term potetnial that som uch people are mining it, trolling it or even trying to relaunch it.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
farm/botnet/isntamine is not necessarily what is going on. but rather more users, finally directing their miners to monero.

The global hash increase was way too fast for this IMO.  Large server farm is the most likely explanation, I've seen it happen with other coins in the past.

sure. But miner/cryptocummunity attention can not be ignored as a possibility also.
1. people are sheep in general. they react with emotion. this could be lemming situation.
2. if you were a botnet owner and spent money (a lot I assume), would you direct your botnet to a month old cryptocurrency. Or would you direct it at coins already proven to be valuable with exchanges. Botnet owners I think are more like banks, they care more about short term profits than long term value. such a resource would not be chanced on an extremely speculative coin (more so than the rest). how many new coins come out, and how many are successful. I am sure botnet owners measure and weigh risk and profit differently than small players. It would in my mind an asic developer investing resources now for this coin when it has just come out of the gates.

Anybody who has been at this a while can spot a coin that has major future potential easily, people running server farms are generally very good at this too.  If I had a server farm this is where I'd be pointing it at without a doubt in my mind.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
anyone else seeing weird messages like this in the daemon?

2014-May-07 21:16:59.495151 [P2P0][222.88.234.35:61871 INC]Sync data returned unknown top block: 22599->1202[-21397 blocks(12810238940076062 days) behind]
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
farm/botnet/isntamine is not necessarily what is going on. but rather more users, finally directing their miners to monero.

The global hash increase was way too fast for this IMO.  Large server farm is the most likely explanation, I've seen it happen with other coins in the past.

sure. But miner/cryptocummunity attention can not be ignored as a possibility also.
1. people are sheep in general. they react with emotion. this could be lemming situation.
2. if you were a botnet owner and spent money (a lot I assume), would you direct your botnet to a month old cryptocurrency. Or would you direct it at coins already proven to be valuable with exchanges. Botnet owners I think are more like banks, they care more about short term profits than long term value. such a resource would not be chanced on an extremely speculative coin (more so than the rest). how many new coins come out, and how many are successful. I am sure botnet owners measure and weigh risk and profit differently than small players. It would in my mind an asic developer investing resources now for this coin when it has just come out of the gates.

Who cares?

The global hash increase was way too fast for this IMO.  Large server farm is the most likely explanation, I've seen it happen with other coins in the past.
Wow, I just saw that. I agree with tacotime, it looks intentional.
So you mean the BCN engine was curbed all this time, and they just add to remove it to artificially increase it?

That's disgusting.
regarding cryptonotes comment about greed. this should be posted for them.
From what I understood, source code is Bytecoin, not CryptoNote. According to what CN forum says, Bytecoin is a splintergroup of Cryptnote. I doubt CN should be held liable for anything related to source-code - CN is mostly the theoretical work and white paper, BCN the actual implementation.

not hold them liable merely point out this greed in that coin.
regarding HP: the taxation of miners is greed. I am glad they are reconsidering it. but also, their comment seemed to identify a percieved greed here that some also share and monero cant seem to shake.

I hope they would be more forthcomming in providing an example. because with these two other coins, I do not see monero more greedy. at the very least just as...but perhapse hash rate merely shows adoption of a trully anonymous coin with waht the market percieve fair launch. a few posters do not speak for the the majority. this thread alone has 21000 views. not all are posting.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Not sure what to say, but you are doing no one a favour with your bullshit relaunch. Everything is fair here, most coins i had i bought cheap at the trade thread like everyone else. It was easy to mine for a long time and still is.
Monero is making great progress, everyone who is on irc knows that. Zone is working hard on the pool etc.

You guys should be happy that there are people using their free time to spot that kind of "errors" and fix it, like noodledoodle.

Can you post the link for IRC please?  Can't find anything on the front page.

#monero on freenode
Monero Core Team
So you mean the BCN engine was curbed all this time, and they just add to remove it to artificially increase it?

That's disgusting.
From what I understood, source code is Bytecoin, not CryptoNote. According to what CN forum says, Bytecoin is a splintergroup of Cryptnote. I doubt CN should be held liable for anything related to source-code - CN is mostly the theoretical work and white paper, BCN the actual implementation.
It appears from the simplicity of the fix that there may have been deliberate crippling of the hashing algorithm from introduction with ByteCoin.
Interesting. Could you extrapolate on this?

oaes_key_import_data calls are placed inside loops unnecessarily, which slows down the hash quite a bit during the scratchpad portions.

will you be able to compile this for us. the non initiated in computer programming and please post it to OP. thank you taco.

I believe the windows version already has this fix.

That's disgusting.

Monero Core Team

That's disgusting.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Pull request has been submitted and merged to update miner speed:

https://github.com/NoodleDoodleNoodleDoodleNoodleDoodleNoo/bitmonero/commit/3cc45e9324a402aee91e2f46861b2ca393d711aa

It appears from the simplicity of the fix that there may have been deliberate crippling of the hashing algorithm from introduction with ByteCoin.
So the optimization is just not repeating two lines of code repeatedly and unnecessarily. LOL this really was an un-deoptimization.
Monero Core Team
oaes_key_import_data calls are placed inside loops unnecessarily, which slows down the hash quite a bit during the scratchpad portions.
Thanks. Makes sense, even if I don't know what oaes_key_import_data call are. Which proves that you are good a simplifying!

will you be able to compile this for us. the non initiated in computer programming and please post it to OP. thank you taco.
Who cares?
Not sure what to say, but you are doing no one a favour with your bullshit relaunch. Everything is fair here, most coins i had i bought cheap at the trade thread like everyone else. It was easy to mine for a long time and still is.
Monero is making great progress, everyone who is on irc knows that. Zone is working hard on the pool etc.

You guys should be happy that there are people using their free time to spot that kind of "errors" and fix it, like noodledoodle.

Can you post the link for IRC please?  Can't find anything on the front page.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Jump to: