Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2070. (Read 4669897 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
So no official exchanges yet?
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
The balances connected to those early blocks would be affected. The removal of checkpointing means the problem has been stopped and reversed. There are plenty of nodes with the clean blockchains and you'll sync from them instead of absorbing any fake blocks.

Just to be clear, resyncing the blockchain now (i.e. after deleting the old one) will be sufficient? Have the fake blocks been removed and the old balances restored?
Activity: 126
Merit: 101
I decided to tidy up bitmonero GitHub rep tonight, so now there is all valuable things from latest BCN commits & Win32. Faster hash from quazarcoin is also there. So BMR rep is the freshest one.

You may check it: https://github.com/bitmonero-project/bitmonero

Latest update of binaries are available at www.bitmonero.org now.
Win64
Win32
Ubuntu
MacOS

I'm working on another good feature now, so stay tuned.

Activity: 93
well.

I for one have depended on input from the community. I do not follow all opinions or statements as fact. I measure it and then act accordingly. however, taco has said that we should update the blockchain. cont to mine with current binaries.

i was wondering if the reason I have not gotten any blocks in the last week is because I have been mining on a corrupted blockchain.

thanks.

The corruption involves substituting early blocks with fake ones (I believe blocks 1 to 1400, which was roughly the first 24 hours of mining). It shouldn't have affected any mining.

If it shouldn't affect mining than what has affected? I don't need to choose now (just trying to figure out what coin to mine) and as well as other guys here I have seen a huge changing recently. can't tell whether it is god or not. HR is high but diff is too high and there must be some explanations not only fortune why me and other guys were unlucky to find blocks recently???

The blockchain got not affected, but some local blockchains. In our irc you find a neat calculator instead of calculating it yourself, how your chance is to get a block
Activity: 560
well.

I for one have depended on input from the community. I do not follow all opinions or statements as fact. I measure it and then act accordingly. however, taco has said that we should update the blockchain. cont to mine with current binaries.

i was wondering if the reason I have not gotten any blocks in the last week is because I have been mining on a corrupted blockchain.

thanks.

The corruption involves substituting early blocks with fake ones (I believe blocks 1 to 1400, which was roughly the first 24 hours of mining). It shouldn't have affected any mining.

If it shouldn't affect mining than what has affected? I don't need to choose now (just trying to figure out what coin to mine) and as well as other guys here I have seen a huge changing recently. can't tell whether it is god or not. HR is high but diff is too high and there must be some explanations not only fortune why me and other guys were unlucky to find blocks recently???

The balances connected to those early blocks would be affected. The removal of checkpointing means the problem has been stopped and reversed. There are plenty of nodes with the clean blockchains and you'll sync from them instead of absorbing any fake blocks.
Activity: 246
well.

thanks.

Activity: 196
david

how do i update. the link you provided is for linux and mac.
it says simlar for windows.

unfortunately for me i use windows, I need step by step.

thank you.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Wow, guys! That's ain't cool! Bad time for MRO: hack attack, high diff ( don't know the diff raised so fast and so high but IMO there must be someone with farm/botnet/isntamine) !
Quite the opposite, this is GOOD time. Attacks means people are interested. You don't attack a worthless coin. You attack the valuable ones.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
is it the reason that I have not found a block in the last week because

1. the hash rate is so high
2. the blockchain attack that has occured (conspiracy theory -- tft and friends)
3. both 1 and 2

another question:
1. is cryptonote  cicada 3301 with an ultra optimized miner
2. bytecoin user and satoshi are one and the same.

should we hold off mining until we get the right blockchain. thank you

1 yes
2 no, also there have been an issue today now solved but you will have to stop mining for a while monero.cc/blog/security-announcement-update/

other question
1 no one knows, that's the point Smiley
2 since we don't know who is satoshi, it could be - whatever the answer, I believe it definitely help gathering attraction toward cryptonote - but an urban legend can only bring you that far, you must deliver after that and this is exactly what we are doing Smiley

You may hold off mining till the pool arrives on continue anyway, hopping to win at the lottery. We won't give you a direction, both decisions are equally valid.
Activity: 71
What's the total coins in supply right now?
At the block height of 30800, about 534k coins, due to my calc.
Activity: 560
well.

thanks.

Activity: 234
Merit: 100
Everyone please update your clients and remove your blockchain.bins and resync with the network.  It looks like we are experiencing blockchain corruption.

New windows binaries will be out soon. In the meantime, you can still mine OK with old binaries.

Wow, guys! That's ain't cool! Bad time for MRO: hack attack, high diff ( don't know the diff raised so fast and so high but IMO there must be someone with farm/botnet/isntamine) ! Perspective of this coins, which in past I did bet would succeed, is doubtable now.
well.

thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
What's the total coins in supply right now?
Activity: 170

2. the blockchain attack that has occured (conspiracy theory -- tft and friends)
3. both 1 and 2

another question:

R u really ready not to mine till someone will tell you to start mining again?
What if blockchain attack has a goal to scare users and while we would wait someone would mine a lot for him. And who you think must tell you when to finish and restart mining?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
can someone post an example of a send command within the wallet?

transfer 3 ADDRESS AMOUNT

thank you
Activity: 532

transfer 3 ADDRESS AMOUNT
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction

3. both 1 and 2

another question:

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
Is this coin bitmonero?
Can this coin be merge mined with fantomcoin? What hashrate do you get with the fantomcoin merge miner?

Bitmonero may be forked soon but until now it is the same.

Yes you can merge mine both fantomcoin & Monero BUT you have to use an other miner that is 6 times slower than the one to mine Monero alone.

It is not worth it, you'll lose too much hashrate and fantomcoin has no value.
Jump to: