Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2077. (Read 4669844 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
1) How exactly did you benefit the community and the coin?
2) When is the open source miner going to be released? Why it wasn't? Please, provide exact technical details on that "unstable code thing".
3) Why did you change your attitude towards closed-source miner?
4) Why did you take over the coin and create a second thread when there was one already there?
5) Why did you change the domain name and forked the rep, while keeping the blockchain that you never started?
6) Why do you keep avoiding this very clear questions.

1) Community is benefited by not associating (merged mining) with a 80% premined coin called bytecoin. Also coin and algo became more known due to this community which brings more people interested in it and trying to make it better.
2) I dont know about this. I personally dont have a better miner than others. They have already answered you about but i agree that NoodleDoodle could also answer you.
3) Noone changed anything as far as i understand. Someone made one and is using it as it has happened countless times in every single coin out there.
4) Because tft was never responding and chaning anything on the thread. And OP must be refreshing a lot especially at first days of a coin.
5) I suppose because community changed the name of the coin disagreeing with tft about the name. I guess tft could actually stopped this if he wanted if he was ever online responding in anything. As for the blockchain, last time i checked noone owns a blockchain except miners. Not dev.
6) Will you still spam  your comments now that i answered?
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
People should calm down and just mine.

Monero is doing very well compared to 95% of altcoins.

If you want an intense discussion, go to #monero on IRC
Trolls are increasing the pagination, this helps in getting recognition Smiley After a while, it has an adverse effect, see Blackcoin. But so far, so good Smiley As long as we remain watchful to prevent newcomers to fall in the traps of trollers - this requires a fine balance.
Activity: 138
Merit: 10
Guys seriously its not working, i mean the FUD and trolling. People very well know the facts, you arent scaring anyone here, your intentions are clear. lol

And what are the facts exactly? Enlighten us please.
Monero Core Team
cryptonote has a unique techonlogy ( I have read but do not understand and in this way I am a sheep)
Ring signature + fixed limit (plus clean code, but this part would appeal to dev, not users)

1. Ring signature is better at protecting privacy than anything at the moment
2. No fixed limit in CN note lead to higher flexibility. When you see how much a code with fixed limits (BTC) was expanded, imagine now a code without these constraints[/quote]

FIY, the CPU-bound and difficulty retarget is CryptoNight, not CryptoNote. More exactly, CryptoNight is an implementation of the wishes of the CryptoNote dev, but not strictly a part or CryptoNote itself.

I agree with name change. this is a simple change but the execution was confusing. this made it a community coin not a tft coin. can we implement a proof of stake into this coin and and inflamtion and or a 1 percent transaction fee to miners. or just running the miner per thread generating .25 coin per month. regardless of blocks found. (rambling i hope devs can gleen my meaning)
I proposed taco implementing some of CN features in MC2 and his answer was (from memory): "two different technologies, can't compare/compete".
I think I understood you: implementing PoS over monero without having to create a new coin (relaunch). Did I understand you correctly?
Activity: 196

2) When is the open source miner going to be released? Why it wasn't? Please, provide exact technical details on that "unstable code thing".
4) Why did you take over the coin and create a second thread when there was one already there?
5) Why did you change the domain name and forked the rep, while keeping the blockchain that you never started?

Thank you.
[/quote]

I can answer some of this. I am a newbie especially to cryptocurrency. I had a very easy time mining bcn despite little knowledge. however mining mro was very difficult at the beggnining.
when the cryptonote was discovered I was present during the conversations. TFT was a non communicating developer. TFT did not answer questions. random people coalaced around the thread and helped newcomers. As more people came, they relied more on the taco smooth ezi and others, and so by sympathy alone tft was marginalized. this was his own doing.

there is value in this coin and the coin was not hijacked. it was abondoned by tft. he had the forsight to bring this coin to the community but did it in a very selfish way. The current developers are now experieicing the same thing because of the closed source issue. ( I could not mine mro at the very beggining because the link for the download was messed up due to the # sign) I felt that it was deliberate so as to limit miners and benefit tft. (I felt, I have no idea wether this is fact). In the end, this is what is happening now. regarding current issues.

I firmly believe that noodle should not be part of development team. in this way he can develop his own optimized miner. good for him.

thanks.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Stagnation is Death
Guys seriously its not working, i mean the FUD and trolling. People very well know the facts, you arent scaring anyone here, your intentions are clear.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

People should calm down and just mine.

Monero is doing very well compared to 95% of altcoins.

If you want an intense discussion, go to #monero on IRC

Monero Core Team
Most of us did not like bitmonero and so we voted in the early days on a public IRC session. Among arguments were "more than three syllables" and "this bit part is ugly". Plus, but that's just my opinion, monero is like "people's money", whilst bitmonero is like "some new coin" (it could have been worse; imagine "monerocoin!")

Most of "us"? Who are those "us"?
Why didn't you asked forum community about renaming? You decided not to listen to people's opinion just like TFT, huh?  Wink[/quote]The one who where on MRO (BMR by this time) on the first week. It been discussed on BTT then voted on IRC, with a votebot. So, yes, we did ask the community and the community participated. Old thread for checking the archive: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annbmr-bitmonero-a-new-coin-based-on-cryptonote-technology-launched-563821
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
I was actually hoping that you were busy writing a reply to my topic. How many times should I ask the question so that you start answering it?
As I said earler: when you will apologize for insulting people (which as nothing to do with agreeing or not with your content), then I will reply. As long as you will be rude, I won't reply.

For all: this holds true to anyone, not just Rias. I don't reply to people resorting to insults - other may, not me.

Don't see an insult, but ok, we'll make it more corteous:

I was waiting until I saw this graph, but it tells much much more.

3. not a direct copy, since we changed some parameters, especially related to a flatter curse, for rewarding early adopters less - which means fairer for the greater amount of people. Plus, new features are planned but I prefer to not say which one for the moment. Finally and maybe more importantly: Bytecoin was 80% premined ("ninjamined", as we call it)

You didn't change anything. It was Thakful_for_today who started the coin:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annbmr-bitmonero-a-new-coin-based-on-cryptonote-technology-launched-563821

It was you who forked the rep and took over the control overnight starting from the name change to avoid someone cracking on your plans:
https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master

Everything you ever "created" was Instaminer from NoodleDoodle, the rest you took from BMR or BCN code (sorry for the bold)

And you in particular, David, didn't even know how to check your hashrate when the BMR started:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6286721

4. Consider the monero starter pack. Full of precompiled binaries. Since I am the maintainer, please mention any improvement on it.

Open-source miner.

5. We apologize for this, we hope this is now getting easier. We asked the Bitcointalk moderators to move the thread, they never answered. Anyway, the more it will go, the more the other Ann will be buried.

You know why they never answered? Because you've created a second topic and decided to steal the control over the coin.

My personal resume on the coin

You never did any thing apart from compiling miner guides (thank you for that), and creating an optimized miner to (I assume) instamine the coin yourself. And yes, you spent hours & hours & hors on this forum just posting irrelevant things, like posting strategy for the dummies above, which will drive more users to your apparently instamined coin.

Congratulations, you've made it! The fair launch was soooo fair!

Disclaimer: I apologize if any of my assumptions insult anybody and would like the self-proclaimed authors to finally clarify on the following points:

Thank you.
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
Funny how these people come up like mushrooms. Jealous much?

Go mine your fantom coin. If you dont like Monero, dont post here simple

I like BitMonero.  And I want it to be fair. As fair as it was at the beginning: no surprising re-namings, no fishy optimized miners and no games of thrones, when a couple of strangers overthrow the main dev.

It is Monero now, the main dev does not listen to the community AFAIK. People voted against MM and now we have a new MM fork lol. And now as we have a so called better coin, why are you still wasting time here?

And optimized binaries are available to download for everyone. Increased hashrate is not a surprise

I disagree that devs don't listen to community. When I asked politely they answered me.
Although, I am far more willing to mine fantomcoin now as it is easier and not confusing me things as here.I mean 2 official threads and now I can hardly tell who the dev is and responsible for problems with this coin. Looks like there is a group of people who rule here.
Activity: 138

I like BitMonero.  And I want it to be fair. As fair as it was at the beginning: no surprising re-namings, no fishy optimized miners and no games of thrones, when a couple of strangers overthrow the main dev.

It is Monero now, the main dev does not listen to the community AFAIK. People voted against MM and now we have a new MM fork lol. And now as we have a so called better coin, why are you still wasting time here?

And optimized binaries are available to download for everyone. Increased hashrate is not a surprise

I think it was optimized even further since I can't imagine what kind of farm would cause this much increase in hashrate. My i7 is giving me 20-25 h/s - 90000/20 = 4500 i7's - let's face it - it's highly doubtful.
Activity: 196
I think a lot can be learned from all this conversation including from those that are upset.
they see something of value (cpu coins are valuable and I believe the future of cryptocurrency)

an alogrithm that takes advantage of the uniqueness of a cpu will keep it cpu bound. A gpu is not a cpu for a reason. an asic is not a cpu for a reason. those two items would then be cpu if they could do what cpu's do.  probably a very poor example, but windows can not be run on an asic or a gpu.

cryptonote has a unique techonlogy ( I have read but do not understand and in this way I am a sheep). adding to it, to keep it cpu bound should be the goal and for this, I do not think taco is best. His own MC2 (very good coin proposal) is not aimed at being cpu or gpu bound. it seems it will follow any direction technology will bring.

I agree with name change. this is a simple change but the execution was confusing. this made it a community coin not a tft coin. can we implement a proof of stake into this coin and and inflamtion and or a 1 percent transaction fee to miners. or just running the miner per thread generating .25 coin per month. regardless of blocks found. (rambling i hope devs can gleen my meaning)
Activity: 728
Merit: 265
So, considering the present hashrate - Noodle's testing is going really well. Grin When community will gain access to instamine tech?

Ah ah! We would like it to be Noodle, but that's not. That's probably a farm (too fast a rise to be organic growth only).
Also, what's up with the name changing? Bitmonero was okay to my opinion. (I know, should've asked earlier)
Most of us did not like bitmonero and so we voted in the early days on a public IRC session. Among arguments were "more than three syllables" and "this bit part is ugly". Plus, but that's just my opinion, monero is like "people's money", whilst bitmonero is like "some new coin" (it could have been worse; imagine "monerocoin!")

Most of "us"? Who are those "us"?
Why didn't you asked forum community about renaming? You decided not to listen to people's opinion just like TFT, huh?  Wink
Activity: 246
Diff became really crazy. I wonder why it's so?

Despite the hr is high after several days mining with new Linux miner, 18H/s and nothing. It seems to be more difficult than bytecoin mining.

As for NoodleDoodle would like to quote Hexah

"I remember times when people refused to mine BCN on MinerGate just because it was closed source. And now you have closed source binaries and are happy with it.
Hypocrisy much? Where did all this “open source” fighters go?"

Indeed, why don't you make it open? I would like to see the code, and, IMO, I'm not the only one.
legendary
Stagnation is Death

Monero Core Team
Usual scare tactics. As old as Sun T'zu (but less sophisticated). This is called FUD, fear, uncertainty and doubt.

I works well among newcomers, much less among veterans (it is like the good cop/bad cop scheme; it is actually counter-productive against seasoned criminals)

It doesn't mean it must be ignored, though. You reply to it not for convincing the FUDder, but for convincing the newcomers who will read the FUDder's attack.
Activity: 728
Merit: 265

Monero Core Team
I was actually hoping that you were busy writing a reply to my topic. How many times should I ask the question so that you start answering it?
As I said earler: when you will apologize for insulting people (which as nothing to do with agreeing or not with your content), then I will reply. As long as you will be rude, I won't reply.

For all: this holds true to anyone, not just Rias. I don't reply to people resorting to insults - other may, not me.
legendary
Stagnation is Death

btw calling Monero an instamine is the most stupid thing you can do.
Jump to: