Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2075. (Read 4670630 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Wow, I just saw that. I agree with tacotime, it looks intentional.
So you mean the BCN engine was curbed all this time, and they just add to remove it to artificially increase it?

That's disgusting.
regarding cryptonotes comment about greed. this should be posted for them.
From what I understood, source code is Bytecoin, not CryptoNote. According to what CN forum says, Bytecoin is a splintergroup of Cryptnote. I doubt CN should be held liable for anything related to source-code - CN is mostly the theoretical work and white paper, BCN the actual implementation.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
It appears from the simplicity of the fix that there may have been deliberate crippling of the hashing algorithm from introduction with ByteCoin.
Interesting. Could you extrapolate on this?

oaes_key_import_data calls are placed inside loops unnecessarily, which slows down the hash quite a bit during the scratchpad portions.

will you be able to compile this for us. the non initiated in computer programming and please post it to OP. thank you taco.

I believe the windows version already has this fix.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
So you mean the BCN engine was curbed all this time, and they just add to remove it to artificially increase it?

That's disgusting.

regarding cryptonotes comment about greed. this should be posted for them.
Monero Core Team

That's disgusting.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Pull request has been submitted and merged to update miner speed:

https://github.com/NoodleDoodleNoodleDoodleNoodleDoodleNoo/bitmonero/commit/3cc45e9324a402aee91e2f46861b2ca393d711aa

It appears from the simplicity of the fix that there may have been deliberate crippling of the hashing algorithm from introduction with ByteCoin.
So the optimization is just not repeating two lines of code repeatedly and unnecessarily. LOL this really was an un-deoptimization.
Monero Core Team
oaes_key_import_data calls are placed inside loops unnecessarily, which slows down the hash quite a bit during the scratchpad portions.
Thanks. Makes sense, even if I don't know what oaes_key_import_data call are. Which proves that you are good a simplifying!
Activity: 196
Merit: 10

will you be able to compile this for us. the non initiated in computer programming and please post it to OP. thank you taco.
Activity: 280
Who cares?
Not sure what to say, but you are doing no one a favour with your bullshit relaunch. Everything is fair here, most coins i had i bought cheap at the trade thread like everyone else. It was easy to mine for a long time and still is.
Monero is making great progress, everyone who is on irc knows that. Zone is working hard on the pool etc.

You guys should be happy that there are people using their free time to spot that kind of "errors" and fix it, like noodledoodle.

Can you post the link for IRC please?  Can't find anything on the front page.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Not sure what to say, but you are doing no one a favour with your bullshit relaunch. Everything is fair here, most coins i had i bought cheap at the trade thread like everyone else. It was easy to mine for a long time and still is.
Monero is making great progress, everyone who is on irc knows that. Zone is working hard on the pool etc.

You guys should be happy that there are people using their free time to spot that kind of "errors" and fix it, like noodledoodle.
Monero Core Team
legendary
I firmly believe that noodle should not be part of development team.

Like I stated in IRC, I am not part of the "dev team", I never was. Just so happens I took a look at the code and changed some extremely easy to spot "errors". I then decided to release the binary because I thought MRO would benefit from it. I made this decision individually and nobody else should be culpable, especially the community of individuals who have come together to maintain and foster the software.

By the way, I'm not even a real coder, so whatever changes I made should be easy to spot; especially for experienced developers.

Cheers.

Thanks NoodleDoodle! Would it be possible to check in the changes to git? Or give tacotime the list of changes and have him check it in?

I just posted the commit

Like I stated in IRC, I am not part of the "dev team", I never was. Just so happens I took a look at the code and changed some extremely easy to spot "errors". I then decided to release the binary because I thought MRO would benefit from it. I made this decision individually and nobody else should be culpable, especially the community of individuals who have come together to maintain and foster the software.

By the way, I'm not even a real coder, so whatever changes I made should be easy to spot; especially for experienced developers.

Cheers.

Thanks NoodleDoodle! Would it be possible to check in the changes to git? Or give tacotime the list of changes and have him check it in?
legendary
Pull request has been submitted and merged to update miner speed:

https://github.com/NoodleDoodleNoodleDoodleNoodleDoodleNoo/bitmonero/commit/3cc45e9324a402aee91e2f46861b2ca393d711aa

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I've being following your much aggressive discussions for long. It will not lead to the good. All of us need to cool down now.

I decided to relaunch Monero so it will suit all your wishes that you had: flatter emission curve, open source optimized miner for everybody from the start, no MM with BCN/BMR and the name.
New Monero will be ready tomorrow, so we have time to discuss some points. You are welcome here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--599580
I will be glad to have some help.

Peace, bros!
legendary
I have arguments for you to ask about instamine. How many times should I repeat until you say something on the matter?

1) Open-source optimized miner: when?
Now, ND is submitting the PR.

2) Difficulty skyrocket overnight: why?
No idea, it's a private decentralized P2P network.

3) And if TFT assists you, how come you guys claim he's off the table on the previous pages? And if he actually helps, why do you still have a second rep, which you, tacotime, have to keep up to date?

Come on, stop pretending to see bots everywhere. I raise my concerns, you have nothing even to say regarding them. I think this is self-explaining.
I'm not sure why he doesn't update his repo. I have submitted PRs to it. Since it isn't being maintained, we have to maintain our own to ensure the fork stays up to date.
Activity: 742
Merit: 501
We wanted MRO to be ready before the Bytecoin ninjamine take the lead. In a way, fast release helped fighting premine.

The hell it did! All it did was help you turn everything to your advantage while people had no time to react.

I don't know if these guys actually believe that or they think we are all stupid. Ninja Launch only benefit those in the know. With new algos, miners, and no gui really left out many people that come here. I missed the launch by two weeks and have less than 1000 coins now after mining for about 10 days. Tell us how many coins you guys mined in the first 10 days.

~1200 coins and I have been mining since Day 2. i7-3930k Linux. I have switched off my miners now however since we are in the middle of moving to new house.  Smiley
Activity: 373

Cheers.

Until you show the source code there is no proof that these are "errors" as you call them.

How much have you increased the speed comparing to original miner?
Activity: 373
There is no "dev team".  There is a community of people working on various aspects of the coin.

I've been keeping the repo up to date.
NoodleDoodle likes to optimise his miner.
TFT started the fork and also assists when things break.
othe's been working on a GUI.
zone117x has been working on a pool.

It's a decentralized effort to maintain the fork, not a strawman team of leet hackers who dwell in the underbellies of the internet and conspire for instamines.

I have arguments for you to ask about instamine. How many times should I repeat until you say something on the matter?

1) Open-source optimized miner: when?
2) Difficulty skyrocket overnight: why?
3) And if TFT assists you, how come you guys claim he's off the table on the previous pages? And if he actually helps, why do you still have a second rep, which you, tacotime, have to keep up to date?

Come on, stop pretending to see bots everywhere. I raise my concerns, you have nothing even to say regarding them. I think this is self-explaining.
Jump to: