Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2105. (Read 4667185 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Where do I need to put blockchain.bin on windows? I can't file monero folder in appdata...
Activity: 166
Merit: 15
Hey guys, why didn't you submit Monero on CryptoNote forums? I refer to https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7
Activity: 560
Anyone compiles it successfully on Mac OS?

Not yet, but very soon. BCN had some significant code changes and those will be merged into MRO. I was able to compile and run the new BCN build without any problems on OSX (Mavericks, 10.9.2).
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Anyone compiles it successfully on Mac OS?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Playing with a couple VPS machines

Azure machine - Ubuntu 13 working just fine
uname -a = Linux ***** 3.11.0-20-generic #34-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 1 20:40:25 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Rootwelt machine - Ubuntu 13 not working - illegal instruction (followed the same instructions except added swap space)
uname -a = Linux ***** 3.11.0-12-generic #19-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 9 16:20:46 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

2014-Apr-30 06:48:21.165950 Starting...
2014-Apr-30 06:48:21.169761 bitmonero v0.8.5.294()
2014-Apr-30 06:48:21.169873 Module folder: ./bitmonerod
Illegal instruction

dmesg shows
[4286201.683830] do_trap: 21 callbacks suppressed
[4286201.683836] traps: bitmonerod[14444] trap invalid opcode ip:59e4ec sp:7fffe15e5270 error:0 in bitmonerod[400000+273000]

Any ideas?
Can I suggest to the owners/developers of this coin that they store a relatively recent copy (Windows and Linux)of the blockchain on your website(link to cloud).

There are links in the download section of the OP now for the Linux and Windows blockchains.
Activity: 582
Merit: 250
An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.
Can I suggest to the owners/developers of this coin that they store a relatively recent copy (Windows and Linux)of the blockchain on your website(link to cloud).

I would also suggest that you have two machines(windows and Linux) that upload their blockchain on a nightly basis.

At the moment I suspect the long sync time is putting people off.

This approach is taken by bytecoin, not sure on how often they update, and was a great help.

On a side note I think there is a problem long term for all coins as keeping wallets in sync is going to be a problem.

At the moment I use a computer that is dedicated to CPU mining and managing my wallets.

Monero : 4Az5x4nygtHediWj8W19j3imaMy3mAVJiJDSWKagmyqHKy4Xi9mVk1uUoYwCCo2y4UZ8yqauaBFpP8w bvqUuMcpoKwY2jeN
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Not getting much hashrate on windows 8.1 and an 8 core AMD processor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284

CPU working at 90% and getting hash rate of 4.8

Is this what I should be getting? I have left it mining now for 2 hours.

That CPU is not listed in the hardware comparison so hard to say. Everyone so far has reported getting a lower hash rate with the Windows build than compiling from source on Linux. If you want to optimize try that.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Faucet payments have gone out for today
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
Not getting much hashrate on windows 8.1 and an 8 core AMD processor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284

CPU working at 90% and getting hash rate of 4.8

Is this what I should be getting? I have left it mining now for 2 hours.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Where is the link to download the wallet ?

There is a link in OP. Right under the specifications.

Ok i download the windows binary, now i open the bitmonerod.exe, then i would like to open the simplewallet but nothing happen
I forgot one step?

You need to do

Code:
simplewallet --generate-new-wallet [wallet name]

Then you can open the wallet with

Code:
simplewallet --wallet [wallet name]

Thank you Smoothie  Wink
The reddit is now spiffier: http://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/

I doubt it'll be active for a few months given that MRO doesn't attract a mainstream crowd (yet). Go subscribe anyway to make it look bigger. Tongue
legendary
new Algorithm: CryptoNight ?

Look at the section "Egalitarian proof of work"

https://cryptonote.org/inside.php
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
new Algorithm: CryptoNight ?
legendary

Ok i download the windows binary, now i open the bitmonerod.exe, then i would like to open the simplewallet but nothing happen
I forgot one step?

You need to do

Code:
simplewallet --generate-new-wallet [wallet name]

Then you can open the wallet with

Code:
simplewallet --wallet [wallet name]
legendary
Activity: 1036

I forgot one step?
I've uploaded the Windows blockchain here and will periodically update it on the OP. As stated in the OP, if you can mine on Linux instead, do so. The hashrate will be significantly higher.

Link:
https://mega.co.nz/#!fdYnzTRQ!O10VPV-4CyG6xVGr6D72mp3_lJhWP3_QuPgNUdpk4ak
Activity: 742
Merit: 501
For people looking to sync their linux machines, I have uploaded a recent blockchain.bin here: DOWNLOAD
Where do I put this file blockchain.bin? This is going to take forever to sync.
I type "save" and "exit" but I do not see blockchain.bin anywhere.
It's in .bitmonero
exit the node, put the file you downloaded from the above link into that directory, and then restart the node

It is weird. I replaced the blockchain.bin in the .bitmonero folder but it doesn't work. When I launch ./bitmonerod it is still written (23 days behind) some are (10 days behind).
What does it means ?

Enter "Save" in the daemon window.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120
For people looking to sync their linux machines, I have uploaded a recent blockchain.bin here: DOWNLOAD
Where do I put this file blockchain.bin? This is going to take forever to sync.
I type "save" and "exit" but I do not see blockchain.bin anywhere.
It's in .bitmonero
exit the node, put the file you downloaded from the above link into that directory, and then restart the node

It is weird. I replaced the blockchain.bin in the .bitmonero folder but it doesn't work. When I launch ./bitmonerod it is still written (23 days behind) some are (10 days behind).
What does it means ?
Jump to: