Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2107. (Read 4667185 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 250
my windows 32bit, how can I have a wallet monero?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
It looks like that the most modern desktop CPU like core i7 yields the best performance. I need to get my server retired because it is not relevant any more
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
We need a pool now. The hashrate of the whole network is too high for a novice CPU miner to join. We just surpassed 10000 H/s (about more than 20 000 CPU I guess). There is a lot of ninja miners that comes from nowhere Sad

Who says CPU mining is secure and fair?

10K hash/sec is not 20K CPUs. Most CPUs get around 10-15.  So 10K hash is more like 1000 CPUs or less.

Agree a pool would be very good for small miners.

An Azure VM small instance 1 core - 2 threads, 1.7 GB RAM only hashes at 0.3 H/s
A dedicated server on Rackspace 4 core - 8 threads hashes at 5.7 H/s

So I guess that the CPU that can hash at 10 - 15 is the most strongest one

I'm talking about a normal desktop PC, i7 or such. There have been plenty of people posting on this thread getting 10-15/sec. Linux builds seem faster than Windows builds on most hardware.

legendary
We need a pool now. The hashrate of the whole network is too high for a novice CPU miner to join. We just surpassed 10000 H/s (about more than 20 000 CPU I guess). There is a lot of ninja miners that comes from nowhere Sad

10K hash/sec is not 20K CPUs. Most CPUs get around 10-15.  So 10K hash is more like 1000 CPUs or less.

An Azure VM small instance 1 core - 2 threads, 1.7 GB RAM only hashes at 0.3 H/s
A dedicated server on Rackspace 4 core - 8 threads hashes at 5.7 H/s (500 USD/month - not paid by me Sad not economical at all)

So I guess that the CPU that can hash at 10 - 15 is the most strongest one
legendary

10K hash/sec is not 20K CPUs. Most CPUs get around 10-15.  So 10K hash is more like 1000 CPUs or less.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003
242 MRO mined so far with 14 cores in Win 7 during 72h.

Do you have instructions for how to have the bitmonerod.exe running with 1 wallet on 1 windows computer and have all the other computers on that router mining into that 1 wallet through that 1 bitmonerod.exe?

I have 2 rigs with independent wallet instance (each powered by i7 haswell OC, mining with 7 threads each).

I like Monero privacy, it looks very promising like as new darkcoin.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
I am brand new and not sure if my wallet is working correctly (Windows)

I followed all steps in the guide but seem to be stuck 13 days behind. Does this mean I cannot buy/mine any bitmonero until I can figure out how to synch?

My public bitmonero key:

46cguPkqyZHBut216ztPzQ9Yvchh3a3QK8Ww5oGQ5yZdbNgQmCnWuHDcGPGgtGrzFd4uj9eGv7zTxW8 Nmnem66nUQAnonKn

Just keep it running and it should synch, takes a while.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

Do you have instructions for how to have the bitmonerod.exe running with 1 wallet on 1 windows computer and have all the other computers on that router mining into that 1 wallet through that 1 bitmonerod.exe?
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

For people looking to sync their linux machines, I have uploaded a recent blockchain.bin here: DOWNLOAD

Where do I put this file blockchain.bin? This is going to take forever to sync.

I type "save" and "exit" but I do not see blockchain.bin anywhere.

It's in .bitmonero

exit the node, put the file you downloaded from the above link into that directory, and then restart the node

Sorry, I forgot to tell you I am on windows. Will this file work for me?
I think just put it in the appdata bitmonero folder instead of .bitmonero.

That is where the file is located but the linux blockchain.bin must be a bit different I get "incompatible native format - size of long"

I will just wait 5 hours and download the blockchain myself.

The blockchain.bin file is incompatible between windows and Linux. It is a known problem with the boost library this is using to save the files.
legendary

For people looking to sync their linux machines, I have uploaded a recent blockchain.bin here: DOWNLOAD

It's in .bitmonero

exit the node, put the file you downloaded from the above link into that directory, and then restart the node

That is where the file is located but the linux blockchain.bin must be a bit different I get "incompatible native format - size of long"

I will just wait 5 hours and download the blockchain myself.
legendary
Yes of course. I was looking for a monero folder instead of the bitmonero.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"

It's in .bitmonero

legendary

It's in .bitmonero

Sorry I don't know anything about the Windows version. Anyone else know?

legendary

It's in .bitmonero

legendary

It's in .bitmonero

legendary

I am on windows.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Am I correct in assuming that

Code:
start_mining 

Starts mining to the address of the wallet its executed from?

Correct.

Thank you.
legendary
Am I correct in assuming that

Code:
start_mining 

Starts mining to the address of the wallet its executed from?

Correct.
Jump to: