Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 594. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Sorry if stupid question :
I have an old (pre)monero 0.8.8.6 wallet.bin file.
I ran 0.9.4.0 and when opening the wallet.bin file in simplewallet I get

Code:
Error: failed to load wallet: incompatible native format - size of long

What can I do ?  --generate-from-keys wallet.bin.keys ?

Thx for your advice.

I think if you just move the .bin file out of the directory, and load wallet.bin (while wallet.bin.keys is still in the directory), it will automatically rebuild the bin file from the keys file. I think generate-from-keys is for actually copying in your private keys.
xa4
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Sorry if stupid question :
I have an old (pre)monero 0.8.8.6 wallet.bin file.
I ran 0.9.4.0 and when opening the wallet.bin file in simplewallet I get

Code:
Error: failed to load wallet: incompatible native format - size of long

What can I do ?  --generate-from-keys wallet.bin.keys ?

Thx for your advice.
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
You could now get 3 months of KVM Linux VPS Service for 1$ per month (the price is valid for the first 3 months and after that period the price is $11.69 per month, so you should disable recurring payment if you want to keep the node just for the first 3 months). I just bought one for a Monero node and Monero is now compiling. 20 GB Disk Space, 300 GB Traffic, 1024 MB RAM, 1 CPU Core(s), CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu 64 bit. You could order it from here: moonero.duoservers.com (go to VPS Servers -> KVM VPS Servers. For hostname you could enter any valid domain or sub-domain and it's not even needed to be a domain over your control). I won't get anything from those 3$, but any other services ordered from there will bring me varying % profit from the sell. 50% of profits from there (if any) will go to Monero development.

Wait I'm a little bit confused.. 1) can you pay with XMR? (Maybe through XMR.to?) 2) why do you need to provide some random domain when you are going to be personally using it for your node?

Edit: also I see it says ~$4 a month
You could send me in XMR (and some extra for the setting time and monitoring) and I could set the node for you and give you the node IP to monitor it if it's working as a full node next 3 months. On the site you could only pay with USD - it's 3.00$ + 20% VAT = 3.60$ for the full 3 months promo period - you'll have full ssh access to the node, but you should set it yourself. I'm not sure why they need the random domain, but that's the way it's working.

Note: If you set it yourself you should first sync with "./bitmonerod --db-sync-mode fastest:sync:12000 --add-exclusive-node xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:18080 --p2p-bind-ip 127.0.0.1" to save some bandwidth during the initial sync. Then you should restart the node normally (with --detach) after sync and maybe set upload limit to be sure you won't hit the 300 GB Traffic limit. You could monitor the traffic with "vnstat" to see if upload limit is needed.
My new node works great. Full sync with --add-exclusive-node in 24 hours, but this may vary depending on the exclusive-node of your choice. I didn't set an upload limit yet and the traffic seems a fit for now. Still I'm monitoring the traffic, because it vary a lot during the day and it could easily grow a lot. Solo mining with 14.5 h/s.
The 3$ for 3 months KVM offer expires in 3 days. If someone want to run a full Monero node on those servers - now is the time. Your CPU core is not shared with anyone else (in contrast to shared vps).
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Hi, I opened a node but this site doesn't show it - https://monerohash.com/nodes-distribution.html   Does this mean that there is a problem with my bitmonerod?  It does say something like -28 days ahead and unknown top block  but i'm sure that it is synced because I can use my wallet. BTW it took like 20 hours... on good pc and internet connection (a bit too long).  But why it says so now?

Do you have your port open? In case you haven't you will only have outgoing connections and therefore your node won't show up on the map. Alternatively, it could be that the monerohash node isn't yet connected to you and therefore your node isn't showing up on the map.

-28 days ahead could either be a peer that is stuck or someone else that is syncing. If you use the "status" command in bitmonerod you can see the number of incoming and outgoing connections.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
That really doesn't make any sense though...

It really does make sense! He is a scammer.

I think you misread Phishead, he meant it doesn't make sense they tried to blame it on me.

Maybe they will send me more viruses or try to hack me. Always fun to watch amateurs at work. Lol

Yep, it was just odd how they put all this burden on Hueristic and then ran off... Have you gotten any angry PM's from investors and such? lol

I just feel bad for the people who put a good chunk of BTC toward that project... *sigh* there are always bad people out there in the world always trying to scam someone.  Embarrassed Undecided

Nope, I think the investors could see clearly through them once I started questioning them. I did make an error which I did acknowledge in that thread is I got a David moniker mixed up with the other partner who's name is david and he did pm me to thank me for the pm I sent him apologizing for that mistake. I also feel bad for those that got scammed, but I like to think I saved alot more and as smooth pointed out at least they won't be bloating the chain even if they did succeed. I really don't know the correct way to create a XMR marketplace so I had not though about that at all. I would of guessed they could have made a sidechain but I'm really not up on the tech.

@Smooth, what IYO would be the best approach to a decentralized market place? IIRC we were waiting on the multi-sig for that purpose?
Activity: 1873
Merit: 840
Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

I think you misread Phishead, he meant it doesn't make sense they tried to blame it on me.

Maybe they will send me more viruses or try to hack me. Always fun to watch amateurs at work. Lol

Yep, it was just odd how they put all this burden on Hueristic and then ran off... Have you gotten any angry PM's from investors and such? lol

I just feel bad for the people who put a good chunk of BTC toward that project... *sigh* there are always bad people out there in the world always trying to scam someone.  Embarrassed Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Hi, I opened a node but this site doesn't show it - https://monerohash.com/nodes-distribution.html   Does this mean that there is a problem with my bitmonerod?  It does say something like -28 days ahead and unknown top block  but i'm sure that it is synced because I can use my wallet. BTW it took like 20 hours... on good pc and internet connection (a bit too long).  But why it says so now?

"-28 days ahead" means one of the nodes you are connecting to isn't up to date. You can ignore that message.

monerohash.com list takes a while to update.

20 hours - does your computer have a solid state drive or an old-fashioned spinny hard disk drive? Synchronizing can be slow on a HDD - but trust me, 20 hours is really fast compared to about a year ago, and even compared to other cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

legendary

sigh...I hope I didn't lose the funds.  I think everything is synced so I did what u said and put the files in there.  It does show the address that MoneroX created, but it says zero balance.  It should say 118 XMR

Sorry for being dense, I'm used to having a GUI.

You need to start simplewallet and tell it to use account.bin, either as a command line option or from the terminal interface. Assuming you got that done right, make sure you try to type 'refresh' without quotes into simplewallet while daemon is running and synced.

daemon = bitmonerod.exe?

EDIT: Yep, thanks...works!  Smiley

diff and status are commands that need to be entered into the daemon. To transfer coins out of your wallet you need to be fully synced. According to your last screenshot you are probably fully synced. Like I said, try diff or status in bitmonerod.exe (the daemon) and see if the block height is equal to the one reported on http://moneroblocks.info/. The "-28 days ahead" is from a peer that is connected to you, but who is still syncing.

Yep, height is matching.  Thanks.  Smiley

I guess my next question is how to transfer funds...

transfer
[payment_id]

The last part confuses me...payment_id?  also why surround that in brackets instead of chevrons like the others?  I guess it is optional?
Again, I apologize in advance for being dumb.

[1] Payment ID is needed when sending to exchanges, merchants etc. Basically anyone that needs to verify the payment belongs to you. You can read more about it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/47qa32/circumstances_to_use_a_paymentid_circumstances/

[2] Between brackets because, like you correctly stated, it is an optional argument.

[3] If you don't specify the mixin number it will default to 4 in simplewallet, however the minimum is 2. Thus, let's say you want to donate 1 XMR to the core-team, who don't need to "identify" you, the full command would be:

Code:
transfer 4 46BeWrHpwXmHDpDEUmZBWZfoQpdc6HaERCNmx1pEYL2rAcuwufPN9rXHHtyUA4QVy66qeFQkn6sfK8aHYjA3jk3o1Bv16em 1

If you didn't specify the mixin number it would've defaulted to 4 anyway.

If you want to send 1 XMR to Poloniex, for instance, the full command would be:

Code:
transfer 4 1 [payment_ID_provided_by_poloniex]

I'd advise to try it out with test amounts first to get a bit comfortable with it before sending large(r) amounts.

Source for the core-team address: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7914927

Regarding bolded, you don't have to apologize, most of us probably started like that.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0

sigh...I hope I didn't lose the funds.  I think everything is synced so I did what u said and put the files in there.  It does show the address that MoneroX created, but it says zero balance.  It should say 118 XMR

https://puu.sh/oYdpK/65a1e50695.png

You need to start simplewallet and tell it to use account.bin, either as a command line option or from the terminal interface. Assuming you got that done right, make sure you try to type 'refresh' without quotes into simplewallet while daemon is running and synced.

daemon = bitmonerod.exe?

https://puu.sh/oYePm/d00a8dc750.png

diff and status are commands that need to be entered into the daemon. To transfer coins out of your wallet you need to be fully synced. According to your last screenshot you are probably fully synced. Like I said, try diff or status in bitmonerod.exe (the daemon) and see if the block height is equal to the one reported on http://moneroblocks.info/. The "-28 days ahead" is from a peer that is connected to you, but who is still syncing.

Yep, height is matching.  Thanks.  Smiley

I guess my next question is how to transfer funds...

transfer
[payment_id]

The last part confuses me...payment_id?  also why surround that in brackets instead of chevrons like the others?  I guess it is optional?
Again, I apologize in advance for being dumb.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit

lol you are really riding that guy... what does it matter if he tries to make an app using moneros blockchain? No sweat off your brow, right?

All he had to do was answer some simple questions but he decided to avoid them so I am calling him out on them. I do want it to be a real project but the more he posts the less I believe. I hope I am wrong but in this scene it's better to be safe than scammed. Smiley

BTW Sebastian it's not FUD if you cannot dispute it.

Cant really argue with this, having lost most of my crypto worth first time around after trusting the ShareX exchange project.
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
legendary

daemon = bitmonerod.exe?

legendary
Activity: 45
Merit: 0

https://puu.sh/oYdpK/65a1e50695.png

daemon = bitmonerod.exe?

https://puu.sh/oYePm/d00a8dc750.png
legendary

Edit: sorry, didn't look at picture. It says your daemon isn't running or not synced. You can also launch simplewallet with a remote node. See this:
http://moneroworld.com/
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

I was really looking forward to see if that project would have worked too...  Embarrassed
* jwinterm nominates phishead to work on the decentralized marketplace utilizing the tx extra field.

I nominate anyone to work on a marketplace that does not spam the blockchain with bloat that will quickly become entirely irrelevant (and indeed is irrelevant at birth to many users) but if stored on chain will need to be retained and passed around by every full node (including users who want full privacy) for as long as Monero exists. Yes, work on a marketplace if that interests you but there are better models. For example, p2pool's share chain is a better model for a decentralized system with secured data that has only short term relevance.

In fact I would contribute to funding for this, but not to something that bloats the Monero main chain.
Jump to: