Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 676. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Things are looking good fellas. Question - Related to the forthcoming GUI release, are there plans for a Smartphone wallet? (Is that a heavy chore, specifically with XMR compared to other cryptos or roughly the same? Understanding we are not putting the blockchain on smartphones.  Cheesy)

Thx in advance,
Its about sharing

There is already the Monero android wallet:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ionicframework.monerowallet116498&hl=nl

If I recall correctly saddam was optimizing that as well.

Also, from the official GUI thread:

Another goal is to make the GUI portable to smartphones.

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/2476/the-official-qt-gui-project
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Things are looking good fellas. Question - Related to the forthcoming GUI release, are there plans for a Smartphone wallet? (Is that a heavy chore, specifically with XMR compared to other cryptos or roughly the same? Understanding we are not putting the blockchain on smartphones.  Cheesy)

Nice high-volume rally is starting.  Cheap XMR are being gobbled up by the thousands, like whales feeding on plankton.   Cool

AFAIK, the 0MQ RPC type stuff has created a solid foundation on which devs may build out the GUI and secure Android/iOS clients.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

Thx in advance,
Its about sharing
legendary

where can i find a monero wallet client for 32 bit users? it seems like 32 bitusers like me are left behind for monero.

this simple wallet download page don't work anymore https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6787334

The devs are working on finalizing the official 32-bit binaries. Until then you can use the unofficial binaries that are posted here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/433w2u/new_32bit_binaries_for_v091/

Hyc is the author of LMDB (database Monero uses), thus pretty trustworthy.

I'll wait for it. I hate binaries. haven't been successful installing tarballs. which webwallet is recommended by the way?

All right.

MyMonero, which is run by fluffypony (one of the core-team members of Monero):

https://mymonero.com
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054

where can i find a monero wallet client for 32 bit users? it seems like 32 bitusers like me are left behind for monero.

this simple wallet download page don't work anymore https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6787334

The devs are working on finalizing the official 32-bit binaries. Until then you can use the unofficial binaries that are posted here:

I'll wait for it. I hate binaries. haven't been successful installing tarballs. which webwallet is recommended by the way?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Use simplewallet! It is easy!
legendary
I keep my xmr in a mymonero.com wallet.  Last time I logged in, it gave me a message that I have to pay 10 xmr to import my transactions.  What happened?
My old address is gone, and the wallet won't show my balance.

Edit:  when that happened, I was using a Japanese VPN.  I switched to a U.S. vpn, logged in again and my wallet works normally.  Can somebody explain?

You definitely used the same login key each time, right? If so, then it sounds like the VPN is doing something funny. The only time it would show you a different address is if your seed / keys were modified by poisoned Javascript. I'd be VERY nervous using that VPN.
Same 13 words.  It has a checksum, so it's highly unlikely this thing happened as a result of mistyping it.
I was using the Android OpenVPNConnect app and the University of Tsukuba VPN software, which is used by hundreds of vpn servers in dozens of countries.  Go to vpngate.net, choose a server and decide whether you want to use OpenVPN, IPsec, SSL or sstp.  I chose a server in Japan, because it has the highest throughput.
It seems strange, if this was malware, that they would ask for 10 xmr, when presumably the goal is to get the contents of my wallet.
I'll transfer my funds from mymonero to a different wallet.

Regardless of the discussion above, simplewallet is more privacy preserving than MyMonero because the latter needs your viewkey in order to show the balance.
I have downloaded
https://github.com/moneromooo-monero/monero-wallet-generator/
to use offline.  After sending coins from mymonero.com to the new wallet, how do I send coins from the new wallet?  It looks like I am going to need another wallet.
I own only Android devices, no windows, Apple or Linux.  
Is there an Android wallet app?

The wallet generator you linked is to make paper wallets, these are usually used to store coins and not really to transact with. If you want a wallet to transact with better use simplewallet.

There is an android wallet app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ionicframework.monerowallet116498&hl=nl

However, I strongly advise you to don't store large amount in an app. Better to use either simplewallet or generate a (cold) paper wallet with the Monero wallet generator (Moneroaddress).

EDIT: Also, I think the issue you are reporting is due to something on your end.
Activity: 870
Merit: 585
It seems strange, if this was malware, that they would ask for 10 xmr, when presumably the goal is to get the contents of my wallet.

I believe that prompt is only if you wish to transfer from a pre-existing wallet therefore my guess is the password string was being malformed.
So if I had gone along with the prompt, my money would have gone to a wallet for which I don't have the password.
We're starting to see some of the problems facing monero adoption here.  
I'm cagey enough.  I logged out when I saw that.  But another might fall prey and lose all his money.  
And this isn't caused by hackers or some kind of malware.  It's a system failure.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

I believe that prompt is only if you wish to transfer from a pre-existing wallet therefore my guess is the password string was being malformed.
I keep my xmr in a mymonero.com wallet.  Last time I logged in, it gave me a message that I have to pay 10 xmr to import my transactions.  What happened?

Edit:  when that happened, I was using a Japanese VPN.  I switched to a U.S. vpn, logged in again and my wallet works normally.  Can somebody explain?

You definitely used the same login key each time, right? If so, then it sounds like the VPN is doing something funny. The only time it would show you a different address is if your seed / keys were modified by poisoned Javascript. I'd be VERY nervous using that VPN.
Same 13 words.  It has a checksum, so it's highly unlikely this thing happened as a result of mistyping it.
I was using the Android OpenVPNConnect app and the University of Tsukuba VPN software, which is used by hundreds of vpn servers in dozens of countries.  Go to vpngate.net, choose a server and decide whether you want to use OpenVPN, IPsec, SSL or sstp.  I chose a server in Japan, because it has the highest throughput.

Regardless of the discussion above, simplewallet is more privacy preserving than MyMonero because the latter needs your viewkey in order to show the balance.
I have downloaded
https://github.com/moneromooo-monero/monero-wallet-generator/
to use offline.  After sending coins from mymonero.com to the new wallet, how do I send coins from the new wallet?  It looks like I am going to need another wallet.
I own only Android devices, no windows, Apple or Linux.  
Is there an Android wallet app?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
you remind me of child_harold of SDC, or whats he called.
always bashing other coins/projects :p

Contempt can be earned, and thus merited.   Destroying other people's substance, whether by incompetence, recklessness, or malice, is one way to earn contempt.

Contempt can also be given, unearned.  To avoid being misled one must exercise discernment between cases.
legendary

Edit:  when that happened, I was using a Japanese VPN.  I switched to a U.S. vpn, logged in again and my wallet works normally.  Can somebody explain?

Edit:  when that happened, I was using a Japanese VPN.  I switched to a U.S. vpn, logged in again and my wallet works normally.  Can somebody explain?

legendary
Update from MoneroMooo:

Another milestone done. This one took longer because I took a break after the 0.9 push.

Main things I've done on this milestone:

• fixes for the wallet creating txes over max size the daemon will accept
  • more work on tests (including tests for the MRL-0004 changes)
  • going through all the V1/V2 stuff to catch what I saw was wrong
  • fix for txes not expiring from pool due to other nodes coming online regularly
  • better handling of pending/failed txes in simplewallet
  • new command/RPC to flush txes from the txpool
  • preventing two daemons from using the same data dir concurrently
  • more intelligent handling against duplicate outs
legendary
Second dev meeting in approximately 1 hour (17:00 UTC). Dev meeting will be held on #monero-dev at freenode. If you don't have a client, use webchat.freenode.net

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20160214T17&p1=0&p2=56&p3=37&p4=102&p5=240&p6=136&p7=179&p8=137&p9=70
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
kudo's to the dev that was able to deanonymize SDC, just read about it  Wink

Improve Monero?  Destroy ShadowTrash?

Why not both?   Grin

you remind me of child_harold of SDC, or whats he called.
always bashing other coins/projects :p
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
crytpocrats.

I prefer to think of myself as a cryptocat.  You hep, daddy-o?  Don't wanna rule over nobody but me.
Jump to: