Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 719. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
Activity: 297
Merit: 112
PRIVATE AND NOT PREMINED: MONERO, AEON, KARBO

Windows 64-bit from fluffypony:

Sorry if I miss explanation on previos pages, but link doesn't work for me - 404 Not Found.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Happy New year everyone!

I want to link to the latest Monero missives episode about integrating I2P to learn some peeps about what real fungibility looks like.

It would be nice to point them to http://monero.org/missives/
But it doesn't seem updated...

Can I get a direct link to the mp3 or something?

somewhere there is an ipod link but since I don't use that I have the following bookmarked.

http://podbay.fm/show/1032156854/e/1451151298?autostart=1

Edit: Here is the original post, off to work I go  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Where is the podcat?  I don't see it at it's usual location on the Monero Forum.

Meow

Half the fun is finding it.

I guess the forum listing isn't updated yet.

Live on iTunes though -> https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-monero-missive-podcast/id1032156854?mt=2

Monero Missives

In this week's episode we interview psi, from the I2P project, and also announce the new Monero Kovri project, an open-source C++ router. The source can be found here: https://github.com/monero-project/kovri   Until next week! (this is now a running joke...right guys?)

In case you don't have iTunes -> http://podbay.fm/show/1032156854/e/1451151298?autostart=1

EDIT: FYI: There is some discussion in the missive about I2P vs TOR. However, if I understood correctly, you can run I2P either as I2P-only, I2P/IP bridged or IP-only (see -> https://getmonero.org/design-goals/). Thus, the latter will still make it possible for you to run Monero over TOR socks. I am not entirely sure about this, so if what was stated is incorrect, feel free to correct me.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
@theshmadz
Happy New year everyone!

I want to link to the latest Monero missives episode about integrating I2P to learn some peeps about what real fungibility looks like.

It would be nice to point them to http://monero.org/missives/
But it doesn't seem updated...

Can I get a direct link to the mp3 or something?
Never mind, I must be dumb, found the link from show notes, duh.  (And thanks for the help nioc)

http://traffic.libsyn.com/monero/Monero_Missives_Podcast_for_the_week_of_2015-12-26.mp3

Still would be nice to have easy url to point to... Maybe I'll make that my own little New year's resolution...
legendary
Activity: 1918
Ok, that is because the transfer is not being made.

Can you confirm you are sending your transaction with 0 mixin?

If you type "help" and see the "sweep_dust" option you can also try that.

I sent with the recommended level of 3 mixin. I tried sweep_dust and it says its an unknown command.

Not having the sweep_dust command means your version of the wallet is old. You should get the version from github, one of the recent beta builds, or wait for the new release. But like saddambitcoin said, you can just use mixin 0 with the older wallet. The world won't come crashing down because one person used mixin 0.

OK, i might be better waiting for the new build. I tried transferring with mixin 0 and it says i dont have enough money to transfer which is odd, since my balance is more than im trying to send out.

I thought my build was the latest one available, but i will try the beta release.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

I sent with the recommended level of 3 mixin. I tried sweep_dust and it says its an unknown command.

Not having the sweep_dust command means your version of the wallet is old. You should get the version from github, one of the recent beta builds, or wait for the new release. But like saddambitcoin said, you can just use mixin 0 with the older wallet. The world won't come crashing down because one person used mixin 0.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

You're going to have to send with 0 mixin if you want to move those coins. What you can do is create another wallet and then transfer 0 to that new wallet. This will consolidate your outputs and now you can send again to your intended destination with mixin 3.
legendary
After 10 pull requests merged yesterday 5 more were merged today Kiss

Update: 5 more for today making it a total of 10 for today.  I checked a few minutes ago and there were 3 more and then when I double checked 2 more had just been merged.  So this is what fluffypony is doing at 1:30AM on New Years Eve Shocked Grin Kiss

It's still early for me.

legendary

legendary

legendary
It should work but be advised there is a 10 XMR "import fee" for doing this.

The reason for the fee is that it is somewhat of an intense CPU process to rescan the wallet from 0.

OK, ive tried the latest simplewallet and i have not had any error, but the balance still remains in my wallet after sending.
When i made the transfer i got all this garbage scroll down the screen like this:

It went on for pages, but this is some of it:

output amount = 0.004349098706, fount outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.002351132177, fount outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.001602595062, fount outputs to mix = 2
output amount = 0.001502431017, fount outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.003001425654, fount outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.003825162889, fount outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.002364479783, fount outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.001158776559, fount outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.003102329206, fount outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.002206752538, fount outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.004720595273, fount outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.002137283297, fount outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.004733651491, fount outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.003319369268, fount outputs to mix = 2
legendary
It should work but be advised there is a 10 XMR "import fee" for doing this.

The reason for the fee is that it is somewhat of an intense CPU process to rescan the wallet from 0.
legendary
The mnemonic seed is the list of words that you can use to restore your wallet, this is generated when you create a wallet.

I see you were trying to use MoneroX, what were you using before?

If you are using simplewallet it is easy to get the mnemonic seed by typing "seed".

The .bin.keys file is the important one, remember that.

The "transaction too large" error is a problem that to my knowledge is fixed in the current versions of simplewallet. If you are not able to compile the latest version of the wallet from source, try sending to another address with 0 mixin (transfer 0
). If you DO have a new version of simplewallet there is a command called "sweep_dust" that does this for you.

The reason you are getting transaction too large is that you have a lot of dust outputs.

i was using simplewallet, i will try that and see if it works in my monero.
legendary
The mnemonic seed is the list of words that you can use to restore your wallet, this is generated when you create a wallet.

I see you were trying to use MoneroX, what were you using before?

If you are using simplewallet it is easy to get the mnemonic seed by typing "seed".

The .bin.keys file is the important one, remember that. The only way to import your wallet to MyMonero online is with the mnemonic seed. You can't just get this by looking at the .bin.keys file because it is encrypted, so open with simplewallet and type seed.

The "transaction too large" error is a problem that to my knowledge is fixed in the current versions of simplewallet. If you are not able to compile the latest version of the wallet from source, try sending to another address with 0 mixin (transfer 0
). If you DO have a new version of simplewallet there is a command called "sweep_dust" that does this for you.

The reason you are getting transaction too large is that you have a lot of dust outputs.
legendary
Im having nothing but trouble with this currency ever since ive mined them.

Im using moneroX and it says synchronising with network and 0 connections!

What am i supposed to do?

honestly just bail on moneroX and use the beta binaries for the next release. Its CLI but its really not that hard. When in doubt, type help.

Is it possible to import my wallet.bin into my monero online?

You could send the coins from it to the online wallet using the daemon.

Well i tried that some time back and it would not let me, telling me the transaction was too large, even sending one at a time failed, hence why im trying another wallet.

Do you have your mnemonic seed noted down somewhere? With that you can simply restore the wallet using another client (such as MyMonero).

Im not sure what that would be, but i expect this is the data stored in my wallet.bin?
legendary
After 10 pull requests merged yesterday 5 more were merged today Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Happy new year everyone. Our developers have done very good jobs in 2015. Thanks you and best wishes for you.
legendary
Activity: 1276
I'll focus on a side point, since I have no clue why the windows version would silently die:

2015-Dec-31 17:43:17.718750 WARNING: no two valid MoneroPulse DNS checkpoint records were received

That is odd. Can you ping checkpoints.moneropulse.co, checkpoints.moneropulse.se ?
If you have dig, what is the output of:
dig -t TXT checkpoints.moneropulse.co
dig -t TXT checkpoints.moneropulse.se

If you have another DNS tool to run on the same machine bitmonerod runs on, you can use it instead to query the TXT record for these two hosts.
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
fellow mustangs, it was a great year. monero managed to prove that it is really here to stay!

2016 will be a crazy year too. hope we all stay cool and have enough time to take care for monero. many many different good people here.

special thanks go to: dev team, because they did a fascinating job this year, funtionality and usability increased a lot. but its time to bundle it now and throw some bins out and fork. they know it, we know it.

special thanks also to community for funding so many different things. we should expand this. still we need to be careful that the voluntary part stays strong too.

good times ahead.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1101
karbo.io
One more monero electron. Last time Smiley

Happy New Year!
Jump to: