Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 723. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
WTF is iTunes?  Looks like something "i" Have to download?  

ArticMine, does this have your approval?

I'm pretty sure it does not. Fortunately you don't need it as dEBRUYNE identified a site with a web player and a download link.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

Edit:  Sorry for my haste, I see you have a link to listen directly.  Still how would I know about it?  That is the missive, and how to listen to it?  TYVM dEBRUYNE

Edit #2: I didn't see smooth's second post at all.   Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Just a digital mediaplayer from Apple that is kind of ubiquitous :-P More info -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITunes

Downloading it seems a bit of a hassle for specifically listening to missives, but some people asked if the core-team could also upload the missives on iTunes. So they delivered.

Just press play on my link to listen to it :-P
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

Edit:  Sorry for my haste, I see you have a link to listen directly.  Still how would I know about it?  That is the missive, and how to listen to it?  TYVM dEBRUYNE

Edit #2: I didn't see smooth's second post at all.   Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
legendary
Where is the podcat?  I don't see it at it's usual location on the Monero Forum.

Meow

Half the fun is finding it.

I guess the forum listing isn't updated yet.

Live on iTunes though -> https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-monero-missive-podcast/id1032156854?mt=2

Monero Missives

In this week's episode we interview psi, from the I2P project, and also announce the new Monero Kovri project, an open-source C++ router. The source can be found here: https://github.com/monero-project/kovri   Until next week! (this is now a running joke...right guys?)

In case you don't have iTunes -> http://podbay.fm/show/1032156854/e/1451151298?autostart=1

EDIT: FYI: There is some discussion in the missive about I2P vs TOR. However, if I understood correctly, you can run I2P either as I2P-only, I2P/IP bridged or IP-only (see -> https://getmonero.org/design-goals/). Thus, the latter will still make it possible for you to run Monero over TOR socks. I am not entirely sure about this, so if what was stated is incorrect, feel free to correct me.
legendary
Where is the podcat?  I don't see it at it's usual location on the Monero Forum.

Meow

Half the fun is finding it.

I guess the forum listing isn't updated yet.
legendary
Another day another PR merged.  Although it's only one it is composed of 13 items.

Thanks again cow and pony.

Meow
legendary
Where is the podcat?  I don't see it at it's usual location on the Monero Forum.

Meow
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
legendary
There is a new Missive podcats.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Not sure what this is or even if XMR qualifies.

http://www.d10e.org/startup-competition/
legendary
In case anyone missed it:

Monero-nodejs v1.0.1: A Node.js wallet manager for interacting with Monero's simplewallet over JSON-RPC

https://github.com/PsychicCat/monero-nodejs
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Someone seen hitting the keyboard on any of my machines in a rhythmic pattern is very likely to be staring down the barrel of a shotgun loaded with 6 shells as their next experience.

I do take my security seriously.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
legendary
Checked GitHub today not expecting anything on Christmas day and found that fluffypony has merged 4 pull requests Smiley
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
hi guys, i changed my public IP, but now get much less connections on my full node.
how long does it take for the network to like me again ? Cry

if i remember correctly the old node needed some time to build up the conncetions too.

any experiences worth sharing?
legendary
Nice work by Wolf0. It sounds like his open source miner is reasonably competitive with the closed source Claymore miner now.
legendary
Hello All,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out.  I have been using monero since last summer and never had any issues sending coins, however yesterday afternoon (about 24 hours ago) I sent XMR from one of my wallets to another one of my wallets with simplewallet synced via bitmonerod.  The transaction said "money successfully sent", but the coins never showed up in my receiving address.  Not only that, but 24 hours later I still have a difference between my locked and unlocked balances in the sending wallet.  I sent 1200 coins with a mixin of 5.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this before, or I am just screwed?

Not sure what to do here given I have over 1200 XMR in limbo right now that cannot be accessed or seen, so any help of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help ahead of time.  Happy Holidays!

AKW

Perhaps a stupid question, but have you actually refreshed both of your wallets? If not, just type refresh in simplewallet (make sure bitmonerod is fully synced).

Also, what happened to your other account?

Not Stupid!  The answer is yes, I was refreshing about every 2 minutes while synced with bitmonerod.  From right when the coins where sent until right now some of the coins in wallet 1 are still locked from this tx, and in wallet 2 there is nothing.  No coins have been received.  BTW, I have sent between these two wallets multiple time, even recently, with no issues.  I am positive the address was correct.

Any ideas?!  I'm kind freaking out...

Cheers!

I have had this happen to me before. I was using a usb-ethernet dongle and I was refreshed/current with the network, but right before I sent the coins the dongle lost power or something and the transaction never actually went through, though it said it did on my simplewallet.

I only figured out what happened about a month later when it happened again and I watched the lights of the dongle go out and put 2 and 2 together.

Turns out the funds never left the wallet to begin with, it just looked like it did. Check to see if you have the same amount of monero as before you sent the transaction, maybe check your log or something, but i feel like this is the same thing that happened to me, hope so at least.

According to the reddit thread, something similiar happened. The coins are back in his original wallet, so the issue is resolved :-)
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Monero
Hello All,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out.  I have been using monero since last summer and never had any issues sending coins, however yesterday afternoon (about 24 hours ago) I sent XMR from one of my wallets to another one of my wallets with simplewallet synced via bitmonerod.  The transaction said "money successfully sent", but the coins never showed up in my receiving address.  Not only that, but 24 hours later I still have a difference between my locked and unlocked balances in the sending wallet.  I sent 1200 coins with a mixin of 5.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this before, or I am just screwed?

Not sure what to do here given I have over 1200 XMR in limbo right now that cannot be accessed or seen, so any help of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help ahead of time.  Happy Holidays!

AKW

Perhaps a stupid question, but have you actually refreshed both of your wallets? If not, just type refresh in simplewallet (make sure bitmonerod is fully synced).

Also, what happened to your other account?

Not Stupid!  The answer is yes, I was refreshing about every 2 minutes while synced with bitmonerod.  From right when the coins where sent until right now some of the coins in wallet 1 are still locked from this tx, and in wallet 2 there is nothing.  No coins have been received.  BTW, I have sent between these two wallets multiple time, even recently, with no issues.  I am positive the address was correct.

Any ideas?!  I'm kind freaking out...

Cheers!

I have had this happen to me before. I was using a usb-ethernet dongle and I was refreshed/current with the network, but right before I sent the coins the dongle lost power or something and the transaction never actually went through, though it said it did on my simplewallet.

I only figured out what happened about a month later when it happened again and I watched the lights of the dongle go out and put 2 and 2 together.

Turns out the funds never left the wallet to begin with, it just looked like it did. Check to see if you have the same amount of monero as before you sent the transaction, maybe check your log or something, but i feel like this is the same thing that happened to me, hope so at least.
Jump to: