Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 724. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
Broken record here.  Another day another 3 PRs merged.

Yeah yeah, I know that's not what you're looking for. Cheesy Grin

it is, i want more unit tests  Cool
hello world
unfortunately i can not test your software wolf0, i do not have an amd card.
but please help this guy, looks to me he is wating for feedback. hope some guys with an amd have time to test it out.

anyway thats not what i wanted to say.

..realizing its also too early for an end of year speech i will just say merry xmas mustangs, hope you all have some time to cool off and chill with your family and friends.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Broken record here.  Another day another 3 PRs merged.

Yeah yeah, I know that's not what you're looking for. Cheesy Grin
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
It may well be that your wallet's idea of what outputs are spent got out of sync with the blockchain. I believe there is a bug there. One thing you can try that's pretty fast (assuming you're running your own daemon):
- run simplewallet with --trusted-daemon
- in simplewallet, run: rescan_spent

You can also run this in the daemon:
print_pool_sh

If you see your tx, it means it's not being mined. In this case, the likely reason is that it's a double spend caused by the sync problem above.

Thank you for your help!  I am actually going to try this first, then I'll resync if need be. 

You guys rock  \oo/
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
It may well be that your wallet's idea of what outputs are spent got out of sync with the blockchain. I believe there is a bug there. One thing you can try that's pretty fast (assuming you're running your own daemon):
- run simplewallet with --trusted-daemon
- in simplewallet, run: rescan_spent

You can also run this in the daemon:
print_pool_sh

If you see your tx, it means it's not being mined. In this case, the likely reason is that it's a double spend caused by the sync problem above.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Git updates since last time:

Since last post:

- more wallet refresh speedups
- a few more berkeley db key fixes
- fixups for databases created with an early version of the db branch
- compatibility with older libdb
- new --offline daemon argument
- fixes to potential crashers in DB code
- optional use of TCP for DNS requests (plays nice with Tor)
- atomic wallet cache save (to avoid some types of corruption)
- misc tweaks to the README (using Tor, rlwrap)
- cleanup in daemon headers, to speed up builds
- a couple daemon exit hang fixes, and crash on ^C

Quoting because Bitcointalk is borked it seems.
If refresh doesn't work, next thing I would try is resyncing the wallet from scratch.

Move the wallet's .bin file to another directory - leave the .bin.keys file in the same place - then start up simplewallet and open your wallet as you normally would. It will start syncing from 0.

Thanks!  I'll try this one both of them and see what happens...

AKW
legendary
Another update from ShenNoether (NobleSir) regarding Confidential Transactions (CT) for Monero:

edit 12/15/2015: I'm starting to play around with some c/c++ stuff that will help me implement this thing for real - I'll probably take a couple weeks off for xmas holidays though starting next week, so expect no updates dec 17-jan 4

All updates & links are in this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3pw30d/ringct_for_monero_updated_versions/

Another one:

edit 12/17/2015: I have updated the draft on eprint.iacr.org in response to some knock-off versions of this math showing up without citation.

Link: http://eprint.iacr.org/2015/1098
legendary
Hello All,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out.  I have been using monero since last summer and never had any issues sending coins, however yesterday afternoon (about 24 hours ago) I sent XMR from one of my wallets to another one of my wallets with simplewallet synced via bitmonerod.  The transaction said "money successfully sent", but the coins never showed up in my receiving address.  Not only that, but 24 hours later I still have a difference between my locked and unlocked balances in the sending wallet.  I sent 1200 coins with a mixin of 5.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this before, or I am just screwed?

Not sure what to do here given I have over 1200 XMR in limbo right now that cannot be accessed or seen, so any help of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help ahead of time.  Happy Holidays!

AKW

Perhaps a stupid question, but have you actually refreshed both of your wallets? If not, just type refresh in simplewallet (make sure bitmonerod is fully synced).

Also, what happened to your other account?

Not Stupid!  The answer is yes, I was refreshing about every 2 minutes while synced with bitmonerod.  From right when the coins where sent until right now some of the coins in wallet 1 are still locked from this tx, and in wallet 2 there is nothing.  No coins have been received.  BTW, I have sent between these two wallets multiple time, even recently, with no issues.  I am positive the address was correct.

Any ideas?!  I'm kind freaking out...

Cheers!

Actually not sure what happened then. I hope someone else can chime in and provide you with an answer. Perhaps try what saddambitcoin suggested?

EDIT: You can check the blockheight on https://moneroblocks.eu
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
also, type bc_height in simplewallet and see what the current height is. it sounds like your wallet is stuck somehow.

the current block height is 882798.
Hello All,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out.  I have been using monero since last summer and never had any issues sending coins, however yesterday afternoon (about 24 hours ago) I sent XMR from one of my wallets to another one of my wallets with simplewallet synced via bitmonerod.  The transaction said "money successfully sent", but the coins never showed up in my receiving address.  Not only that, but 24 hours later I still have a difference between my locked and unlocked balances in the sending wallet.  I sent 1200 coins with a mixin of 5.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this before, or I am just screwed?

Not sure what to do here given I have over 1200 XMR in limbo right now that cannot be accessed or seen, so any help of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help ahead of time.  Happy Holidays!

AKW

Perhaps a stupid question, but have you actually refreshed both of your wallets? If not, just type refresh in simplewallet (make sure bitmonerod is fully synced).

Not Stupid!  The answer is yes, I was refreshing about every 2 minutes while synced with bitmonerod.  From right when the coins where sent until right now some of the coins in wallet 1 are still locked from this tx, and in wallet 2 there is nothing.  No coins have been received.  BTW, I have sent between these two wallets multiple time, even recently, with no issues.  I am positive the address was correct.

Any ideas?!  I'm kind freaking out...

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
If refresh doesn't work, next thing I would try is resyncing the wallet from scratch.

Move the wallet's .bin file to another directory - leave the .bin.keys file in the same place - then start up simplewallet and open your wallet as you normally would. It will start syncing from 0.
legendary
Hello All,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out.  I have been using monero since last summer and never had any issues sending coins, however yesterday afternoon (about 24 hours ago) I sent XMR from one of my wallets to another one of my wallets with simplewallet synced via bitmonerod.  The transaction said "money successfully sent", but the coins never showed up in my receiving address.  Not only that, but 24 hours later I still have a difference between my locked and unlocked balances in the sending wallet.  I sent 1200 coins with a mixin of 5.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this before, or I am just screwed?

Thanks for your help ahead of time.  Happy Holidays!

AKW

EDIT: Do you have the viewkey of your receiving wallet/address and the transaction hash? In that case you can use this particular website to check if your receiving wallet/address actually received the coins.
http://xmr.llcoins.net/viewkey.html
Hello All,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out.  I have been using monero since last summer and never had any issues sending coins, however yesterday afternoon (about 24 hours ago) I sent XMR from one of my wallets to another one of my wallets with simplewallet synced via bitmonerod.  The transaction said "money successfully sent", but the coins never showed up in my receiving address.  Not only that, but 24 hours later I still have a difference between my locked and unlocked balances in the sending wallet.  I sent 1200 coins with a mixin of 5.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this before, or I am just screwed?

Thanks for your help ahead of time.  Happy Holidays!

AKW
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
I'm cranking out 130 h/s...so look out world.
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
who is a miner with more than 10khs?

network hashrate is over 10mhs, so we should sure find some people..

how much do you guys estimate comes from botnets? it has to be somewhere between 70-90% if you ask me.

I'm currently bringing 11-14 kh/s to the table. Trying to ramp that up soon though.
hello world
who is a miner with more than 10khs?

network hashrate is over 10mhs, so we should sure find some people..

how much do you guys estimate comes from botnets? it has to be somewhere between 70-90% if you ask me.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
Any monero devs like to comment on this article?  Come on, show us how this is totally wrong.  Make sure to use facts.  Uhh ohh....

What NSA created Cryptonote for:

https://criticl.me/post/what-nsa-created-cryptonote-2292

"...me and a few of my fellow researchers looked at ..."

They did not look at a 5th-grade English grammar text.

Credibility broken.
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
That's right, you can safely delete blockchain.bin.

As for the size of the LMDB database, some things are stored more than once, for speed, but some stuff is also wasted, so there is some scope to shrink it a bit. There's other stuff that needs changing in there, so I'm not saying it'll be smaller when all is said and done, but... maybe Smiley

The database also uses sparse files. Here, for instance, the logical size of data.mdb is 14 GB, but the actual data is 8 GB. There are "holes" in the file (0 filled preallocated data) that some filesystems use for other stuff, but some don't. I'm not sure whether Windows' filesystem does things cleverly or dumbly there.

Compressing the .bitmonero directory on Ubuntu GNU/Linux with 7z produces a compressed size of 4.5 GB. The uncompressed size is 14.1 GB. The Windows file system is likely applying some compression on the fly to get the file size down from 14 GB to 8 GB. I am using bitmonero v0.8.8.7-9292c1e.

The Windows one is 10 GB rather than 8, but I think the allocation might happen at a different rate between the two, accounting for 14 GB vs 10.
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
Fluffypony interview on Bitcoin Uncensored, starting at 59:54:

https://soundcloud.com/bitcoinuncensored/e20-christmas-poo-122215

lol, I forgot the image to go along with it. That must be it. Wink

Jump to: