Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 797. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

Clearly a pen name.  Guy's real name is probably Dave Monero or Tom Monero.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
A guy just bet 13500 XMR on monerodice and lost  Shocked
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world

haha good find!
Table of content sounds pretty bullish if you ask me  Cheesy

some kind of documentation would have been way better. interviews, pictures, quotes, trollbox logs, whatever, something that captures this crazy zeitgeist and is nice art at the same time Grin

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Might anyone know why I'm getting these errors in MyMonero?

"Not enough spendable outputs / balance too low (have: [xx] need: [yy])"

"Failed to create transaction: Wrong number of mix outs provided ([m] outputs, [n] mix outs)"

are you getting it consistently? try changing the amount a little bit.

Have been trying varying amounts and just tried a smaller transaction to receive this:
"Something unexpected occurred when submitting your transaction: Invalid transaction"

Hrm, I just sent money and it was fine. MyMonero uses your browser for all of its transaction generation.... have you done anything recently with your browser to make it wonky? i.e., some kind of script blocking or something? I would try the "use a different browser" technique (if using firefox, try chrome, etc), or reboot (though reboot usually only fixes windows problems).

Just tried safari and getting the same results. Mostly getting these types of errors: "Failed to create transaction: Wrong number of mix outs provided (4 outputs, 3 mix outs)"

yeah, I dunno man. I posted something in #mymonero, so hopefully someone will fix it.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

I wonder if there's some relationship with the transaction amount and the choice of mixin count, because fluffypony here says to try smaller chunks (of XMR, I presume).
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3gp3lq/trouble_to_send_tx_with_mymonero/

Edit: I noticed that in the error messages, my # of outputs has been greater than my # of mixouts, and when my mixin count choice is higher I tend to receive more of the "Not enough spendable outputs / balance too low (have: x need: y)" messages
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

"Failed to create transaction: Wrong number of mix outs provided ([m] outputs, [n] mix outs)"

Have been trying varying amounts and just tried a smaller transaction to receive this:
"Something unexpected occurred when submitting your transaction: Invalid transaction"

Hrm, I just sent money and it was fine. MyMonero uses your browser for all of its transaction generation.... have you done anything recently with your browser to make it wonky? i.e., some kind of script blocking or something? I would try the "use a different browser" technique (if using firefox, try chrome, etc), or reboot (though reboot usually only fixes windows problems).

Just tried safari and getting the same results. Mostly getting these types of errors: "Failed to create transaction: Wrong number of mix outs provided (4 outputs, 3 mix outs)"

yeah, I dunno man. I posted something in #mymonero, so hopefully someone will fix it.
legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
legendary

well someones been busy! Good work sir! If only I could open it.....
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Great missive indeed, had a great time listening to this one!
Some really interesting points too btw. I especially liked this one:
“hey, let's make money by building something that makes money.”

Now, am I the only one that immediately thought of a money printer?  Embarrassed

Damn slick design on MoneroDice. Very nice job rznag & fluffy.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
FYI:

A new missive is out:

MONDAY MONERO MISSIVES #32 - SEPTEMBER 14TH, 2015

https://getmonero.org/2015/09/14/monero-missive-for-the-week-of-2015-09-14.html

In this week's episode we feature a brand new external project: Monero Dice, and interview its founders and operators, Riccardo "fluffypony" Spagni, and rznag.

https://monerodice.net/

That is the funniest Missive ever!!!!  Pure comedy.  I think fluffy and ginger are drunk (or something).  They're giggling like schoolgirls!

The part where they make fun of Dash is hilarious.  Did ginger pee his pants a little when fluffy said "golden donkey?"   Cheesy

The dice site is a great idea, especially the bankroll investor side, and very nicely implemented.  I'm moving XMR from Polo's lending market to Monerodice, although their respective profitability may eventually converge at some (probably very low) equilibrium.

Who needs Masternodes when you can grow your e-cash honestly, by putting it to work on a project people will actually use?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Unless he is running the biggest scam of all time  Grin  Roll Eyes 

Muhahahahahaa...I'm secretly raising an ARMY of ponies!

We're going to...uh...errrrm...have the best petting zoo of all time!

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Unless he is running the biggest scam of all time  Grin  Roll Eyes 

Muhahahahahaa...I'm secretly raising an ARMY of ponies!

We're going to...uh...errrrm...have the best petting zoo of all time!
Activity: 306
Merit: 251
Very clean site! Invested a part of my XMR in the bankroll, might add more later.

Keep up the good work!

What is the invest or divest bit?

Can someone explain please

TIA   Smiley

I invested and have already made a few XMR.  Since some if not most of the profits go to keeping the Dev team funded I wanted to help, plus make a few XMR in the process for myself.  I was lucky to get out of Cryptodice before it was known as a scam.  I made a good bit off that douche bag before he stole everyone XMR. 

I don't feel nervous about Monero Dice as Fluffypony has built a good reputation of trust over the 14 months I've been involved in this currency.  Unless he is running the biggest scam of all time  Grin  Roll Eyes 
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Thanks for taking the time to explain that for me.

I thought no one wins in dice.   Smiley

The house wins in the long run and the state also wins by taxing the house.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
Thanks for taking the time to explain that for me.

I thought no one wins in dice.   Smiley

Jump to: