Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 803. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
too cute to not make on topic

The dog is actually sad because Jojatekok has decided to stop working on MoneroX, and MoneroX doesn't work properly with the low-memory, database-supporting master branch of the Monero daemon. Sad

See here for more info on him moving on: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12287483

I thought the dog was sad because the question keeps getting asked without an inkling of what should be the priority of a technology that's aim is end user functionality rather than a speculative dog and pony show, but the jojatekok news makes me sad. Has anyone picked up the project yet?

I think this is good news, because Monero core devs did emphasize that GUI is not a priority at all. New low-memory database implementation of console client is the priority. So I hope jojatekok will join to Monero core devs to help them in order to write a code or to make quality assistance.

I can add, I am completely happy with current console client, except it's HUGE memory eating. For example I can't install current Monero client on a VPS with 1GB virtual memory. THIS is the problem, not GIU absence...

Compile from github master. It is fairly stable (unstable work is going to the development branch now) and only needs about 50 MB of RAM
Activity: 243
Merit: 125

The dog is actually sad because Jojatekok has decided to stop working on MoneroX, and MoneroX doesn't work properly with the low-memory, database-supporting master branch of the Monero daemon. Sad

See here for more info on him moving on: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12287483

I thought the dog was sad because the question keeps getting asked without an inkling of what should be the priority of a technology that's aim is end user functionality rather than a speculative dog and pony show, but the jojatekok news makes me sad. Has anyone picked up the project yet?

I think this is good news, because Monero core devs did emphasize that GUI is not a priority at all. New low-memory database implementation of console client is the priority. So I hope jojatekok will join to Monero core devs to help them in order to write a code or to make quality assistance.

I can add, I am completely happy with current console client, except it's HUGE memory eating. For example I can't install current Monero client on a VPS with 1GB virtual memory. THIS is the problem, not GIU absence...
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Hy Guys  Grin

We made it on cryptopia.co.nz as DOT Vote winner of the week yeeeaaahhhh  Roll Eyes Shocked Grin Cheesy Wink
We will be added soon on their exchange  Cool
Thanks for everybody who voted  Tongue

Does this website work only for New Zealand users?

Nope, i am in EU and it runs just fine  Grin
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Hy Guys  Grin

We made it on cryptopia.co.nz as DOT Vote winner of the week yeeeaaahhhh  Roll Eyes Shocked Grin Cheesy Wink
We will be added soon on their exchange  Cool
Thanks for everybody who voted  Tongue

Does this website work only for New Zealand users?
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Hy Guys  Grin

We made it on cryptopia.co.nz as DOT Vote winner of the week yeeeaaahhhh  Roll Eyes Shocked Grin Cheesy Wink
We will be added soon on their exchange  Cool
Thanks for everybody who voted  Tongue
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Thinking about investing a few K's in Monero. Is now a good time? Could monero be as big as bitcoin?

I think so.  As of right now, the price is .47 cents in USD.  This is the low end of our average price for the last few months.  Monero generally fluctuates between .50 cents and .60 cents.

There's been quite a bit of work going on behind the scenes.  Many of us are testing the new database and eventually we'll get an official GUI.  

This is very much like early Bitcoin.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
Thinking about investing a few K's in Monero. Is now a good time? Could monero be as big as bitcoin?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I feel that Monero development is going slow last months. And community remains same size.

The development isn't slow -- there is a lot being done and the pace is reasonable -- but the release cycle is slow.

This is not meant to say there isn't a problem, but to identify the problem more clearly.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Did you do anything to help one or the other, beyond "feeling"?

No, what can I do? I don't have technical knowledge as devs have.

Second thing you mention is about expanding the community. I don't think you necessarily need tech knowledge to help on this.

You can donate time: learning and teaching others about Monero or just adding towards the positive vibe.

You can donate to the Dev fund or a specific project.

You can play Crypto-Kingdom and add both while having fun.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

Second thing you mention is about expanding the community. I don't think you necessarily need tech knowledge to help on this.

Yes, do to emissions this community needs to continually grow as well as see milestones being met. Uphill battle but worth the payoff in the end.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

Activity: 462

This was posted about 7 months ago.. has any development happened on this front? Can we set up a donation goal to get this going? Would be more then willing to donate some BTC to have some serious focus on this....

As the dev team, by way of fluffypony, has explained ad nauseam (because the question has surfaced THAT many times), there is stuff that needs to be done before they even think of picking it up again. See https://getmonero.org/design-goals/

Understood, Thanks for pointing that out to me! Wasnt trying to troll or anything, cant wait to see a slick GUI like that for Monero!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
I feel that Monero development is going slow last months. And community remains same size.

Activity: 636
Activity: 687
Re syncing my Monero blockchain. Anyone know how big the blockchain is now?
I have downloaded 4,2GB so far....
Activity: 649

This was posted about 7 months ago.. has any development happened on this front? Can we set up a donation goal to get this going? Would be more then willing to donate some BTC to have some serious focus on this....

As the dev team, by way of fluffypony, has explained ad nauseam (because the question has surfaced THAT many times), there is stuff that needs to be done before they even think of picking it up again. See https://getmonero.org/design-goals/
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
We will start accepting donations for CryptoNight FPGA mining from cryptonote community. ( BCN, XMR, AEON, ONEEVILCOIN, REDWIND, TAVOS, INFINIUM8) - cryptonight

I spoke earlier to an fpga coder who is willing to do , so all we need is your support, no matter which cryptonote coin you support, all kinds of donations will be accepted and hold by the respective coin related member ( trusted person ).

All we are asking from the coder is the hashrate/ price of the fpga is equal or better than the gpu's / cpu's.

If you feel you are somehow associated with one of the above stated coins feel free to contact me.

Donation addresses will appear when we have trusted members.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/call-to-arms-cryptonight-fpga-mining-1166929
Jump to: