Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 842. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
How to recreate wallet from seed?  The help command was of no help.

you have to load simplewallet with

./simplewallet --restore-deterministic-wallet

or in windows drop the ./

yeah, within simplewallet there's probably nothing.

Yes windows.  Started simple wallet and put in "simplewallet --restore-deterministic-wallet" and what I got was "The wallet doesn't exist, generating a new one" Huh

legendary
Activity: 1260

you have to load simplewallet with

./simplewallet --restore-deterministic-wallet

or in windows drop the ./

yeah, within simplewallet there's probably nothing.
legendary
Activity: 1624
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
I really do think it's cute that when XMR does a little jog upwards we all turn into Elon Musk. Wink

Don't get me wrong.  I hope we get to finance our dreams.
I hadn't noticed a correlation, I'll look out for that on future spikes. BTW Price fluctuation has no bearing on me as I am not holding currently. Wink
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Don't quote the most ignored troll on BitCoinTalk, please.

But.. Did you see what you did there?  Tongue

Yup...lol

Yeah I have her on ignore, but her ghost haunts me from the quotes.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Yup...lol
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

legendary
Could somebody pls link me Monero's peer review of the CryptoNote whitepaper and any other noteworthy peer reviews /audits etc regarding CN, BCN and XMR?

Many Thanks

while your google-fu has been proven to be weak numerous times, it should be sufficient for this task.

legendary
Ok.
But anyway, some day i would like to see a source code. Wink

Sure, how much are you looking to pay for it? Or did you think MyMonero appeared out of thin air and for no cost?

I think it was very gentle trolling.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Feel free to retweet:

@btc38com Please add @monerocurrency to your exchange. Your customers will love it

https://twitter.com/AnoncoinTeam/status/624023704352223232

This is of particular interest to Anon types:

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Feel free to retweet:

@btc38com Please add @monerocurrency to your exchange. Your customers will love it

https://twitter.com/AnoncoinTeam/status/624023704352223232
Activity: 122
Merit: 100

Nice catch!  Substantial progress is being made on so many fronts, it's amazing.  Reminds of BTC waaay back in 2011.   Cry

No wonder difficulty is going to the moon.  Somebody wants a lot of Moneroj, and wants them now...

Funny how this difficulty spike is coinciding with our initial Chinese marketing efforts.   Cheesy

Recently most of my efforts have been offline talking to people who can help. There are some websites and press releases still under development.

Fluffypony made some comments about the English content needing to be completed on getmoneo before mass translations and he has a point.  That is why I have been focused on other Monero related activities (besides promoting translations) over the last week of so.

If you are a good English writer please help complete getmonero page. Once that is done I think the dev core team will become more enthusiastic of our translations goals.

https://forum.getmonero.org/7/open-tasks/346/about-monero-page-content

Please keep contacting BTC38
http://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3d33a9/btc38/

If you need evidence of how helpful this will be look at some of the coins that were recently added to the exchange. One recent example below
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-vash-vpncoin-aes-chat-bitchain-domainwebsite-zero-knowledge-789961
http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html?mk_type=btc&btc38_trade_coin_name=vpn

Don't focus on the price impact of any new listings, focus on the increased publicity the Chinese exchanges can bring to Monero
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Nice catch!  Substantial progress is being made on so many fronts, it's amazing.  Reminds of BTC waaay back in 2011.   Cry

No wonder difficulty is going to the moon.  Somebody wants a lot of Moneroj, and wants them now...

Funny how this difficulty spike is coinciding with our initial Chinese marketing efforts.   Cheesy
legendary

i hope this is what you have been looking for...

can understand not everyone likes to see me posting this again. but its reality and we have to deal with it. (does not mean we should change anything, for me situation right now is fine)

I agree, I just wanted to share it with a friend who is also into Monero. Thanks a lot! Smiley
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
Difficulty went up by 40% today. Unreal.

New GPU miner or botnet ?

EDIT : ...and its still increasing! 43% increase since this morning....

Hey folks, I remember reading about some botnet that had mined like 65k xmr and was part of some virus - even the pool and address was posted, but for some reason, I cannot for the life of me find it my browser history or searching. Does anyone have a link or anything about that? Not even sure if it was this thread or another monero thread tbh... Sorry, and thanks in advance if you can help me find that again! Wink

there you go:

mr Unknown becomes huuuuuge:

https://monerohash.com/#network

50.8% right now Shocked

btw this address, a known botnet:
Code:
47mfwjL8L95HJUj6iXUmdUe3K63brRcxrWKqeiPVLKosjYPQdfzqWFFStjL2mtEzNsX1fisa4W1SwZLHsiZPWdFe5UpBF7s

has allready mined 45k xmr on cryptmonero.com

not a lot when we consider how long it is allready up, but maybe the new version points at the unknown pool now.  both have this oscilating curve

but remember, my assumption on mr unknown was not valid:
mr Unknown becomes huuuuuge:

https://monerohash.com/#network

50.8% right now Shocked

'Unknown' doesn't mean an unknown pool, it could be 10 unknown pools or 10 000 people solo mining, or some combination of these. Really 100% being unknown is the ideal, although I'd feel much better about it with something like smart mining deployed and in widespread use.

Anyway, if you want to help the network, solo mine (even just one or two computers helps) or mine on small pools.

source was this post on reddit back in the day:

typed in the address pointed out here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/33waz3/ive_never_used_cryptocurrenciesknow_much_about/

so why not share
Code:
47mfwjL8L95HJUj6iXUmdUe3K63brRcxrWKqeiPVLKosjYPQdfzqWFFStjL2mtEzNsX1fisa4W1SwZLHsiZPWdFe5UpBF7s

it pulls 260 KH/s right now and is close to 50% of the pool http://cryptmonero.com

what do you think how many pc's running? 5000? infected i estimate about 10-15k. what do you think, more?

i hope this is what you have been looking for...

can understand not everyone likes to see me posting this again. but its reality and we have to deal with it. (does not mean we should change anything, for me situation right now is fine)

sorry for the huge post, but he deserves an update
legendary
Difficulty went up by 40% today. Unreal.

New GPU miner or botnet ?

EDIT : ...and its still increasing! 43% increase since this morning....

Hey folks, I remember reading about some botnet that had mined like 65k xmr and was part of some virus - even the pool and address was posted, but for some reason, I cannot for the life of me find it my browser history or searching. Does anyone have a link or anything about that? Not even sure if it was this thread or another monero thread tbh... Sorry, and thanks in advance if you can help me find that again! Wink
legendary
Whimsical Pants
I really do think it's cute that when XMR does a little jog upwards we all turn into Elon Musk. Wink

Don't get me wrong.  I hope we get to finance our dreams.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Moved from Speculation thread, still off topic but interesting.

I'm of the opinion that we need to learn how to terraform our own planet before we waste the resources on going to others. Not to mention the fact we need to overcome the hurdle of the cost of putting mass into space. What ever happened with that elevator Idea?

AFAIK, the elevator was dependent on nanotube development. Though, if you have a small mining operation in space, you could use the resources that you are mining to expand the mining operation indefinitely--this may be a good application of drones and 3-d printers--so becomes a question of getting enough resources into space for the first operation; from there you can keep expanding.

OT, so I'll say those drones will use monero to transact their energy cost from one drone to another <---square'd hole, round peg.

I think the nano tube tech is needed so that the cable is strong enough to withstand It's own weight and the forces that will act on it from weather and such. It should be available in a cost effective manner relativity soon. But I've never seen a untethered Idea floated. An platform from orbit to just above the tropopause would seem like a decent Idea to effectively control many of the variables the troposphere will throw at it. I wonder what the cheapest method to get to the stratosphere would be? After a little googling it looks like there are those proposing a tower.

I think XMR could be used to fund this. Tongue

I'm of the opinion that we need to learn how to terraform our own planet before we waste the resources on going to others. Not to mention the fact we need to overcome the hurdle of the cost of putting mass into space. What ever happened with that elevator Idea?
Bad idea. There are any number of risks involved in a species having only a single planet. And although having 2 planets in the same solar system so close to each other is only marginally better, it is very important.

It is extremely hard to fully control the Earth's environment; because the law of diminishing returns pretty much exists in everything. I figure we could potentially be able to travel beyond the solar system to other star systems (at least with robots) before we can fully control the Earth. It's just too difficult.

First off It would be so far in the future that we could create a self sustaining planet even in our own system that this bolded argument is more than likely moot. Second if we don't have the tech to control our own planets climate there is no way we can ever hope to change another planet enough that we could live there without life support, which is completely unfeasible in another solar system. So even if we can find a goldilocks planet we will still need the tech to terraform it and that starts here.

Don't get me wrong, I love exploration and space travel more than most but lets not use fallacies to push an agenda at the cost of a far more important goal.
legendary
Whimsical Pants
monero have windows 32 bit wallet? yes or no

No. You will have to use MyMonoro or a remote node or wait for the next version.

You are usually quite careful and exacting with your language.  Are you sure your final article and adjective are the right ones there?  Grin
Jump to: