Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 846. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
SURAE NOETHER is a pseudonymn and after the whole van Saberhagen debate I'd have thought the author of a Monero review would be a known entity. Is he?

Shadow sailing smooth. Disappointed with delay of peer review altho new HD wallets incoming. Nevertheless I decided to stretch my legs on land for a couple weeks.

p.s. XMR > MR.X (have fun)

What Saberhagen debate? Nobody has ever taken umbrage with Saberhagen being a pseudonym, as his paper was really quite good and quite a unique application of group signatures (among other things). He is more than welcome to remain as pseudonymous as Satoshi Nakamoto.

The issues that have been raised as respects "known entities" have been raised around Bytecoin's alleged release many years ago, which is demonstrably untrue. Because this has been corroborated by the Cryptonote "people", and there is the PDF signing issue, we can only conclude that they are in on the scam. Trying to find "known entities", that were aware of Bytecoin many years ago, would largely be a non-issue if the some of the Cryptonote "people" were known, or if Saberhagen was known, or if the Bytecoin developers were known. That way there would be some implicit trust because of their previous work.

It's also important to understand that being "known" has nothing to do with your real world identity, what is written on your passport. It has everything to do with your interactions with people, and work that you have made public, over a long period of time.

To answer your question, the identities of the MRL participants are elaborated on here:
https://getmonero.org/knowledge-base/people

Firstly thanks for the reply.

1) Highlighted RED: I take umbrage with: really quite good (only quite?), many years (3), demonstrably untrue (Im not convinced).
 - you state the CryptoNote Team is "in on the scam". Noted, no pun intended (again unconvinced). Moving along…

2) Highlighted BLUE: (I also take umbrage with) You place the BCN guys in a bind, a Catch 22. Those who wish to remain anonymous will hardly reveal their identities and anybody who comes along with a pseudonym saying they were there in 2012/13 will certainly be dismissed out-of-hand. archive.org cant help given the origins. I am struggling to imagine what might convince you BCN was started in 2012 but am finding it hard to think of what.

3) Highlighted GREEN: the answer. cheers. so SURAE NOETHER is indeed an anonymous entity with credentials (we are lead to believe) who works for Monero Research Labs. OK. Whilst his paper is probably sound since he is a pseudonym it is necessary for a known entity to (at some point) validate the paper, no? One of the points of the Zeuner Review (SDC) is that Zeuner IS a known entity and respected etc etc Getting one anon guy to review another is pretty meta. Point taken about reputations - this helps to a degree altho Surae has no rep like Satoshi and if Satoshi re-appeared magically he'd also be dismissed as prob being a phoney.

It is all very well for anon geniuses to come along and write papers so long as known entities validate the work. Without wishing to cast aspersions on Surae has this happened? thanks
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
mr Unknown becomes huuuuuge:

https://monerohash.com/#network

50.8% right now Shocked

'Unknown' doesn't mean an unknown pool, it could be 10 unknown pools or 10 000 people solo mining, or some combination of these. Really 100% being unknown is the ideal, although I'd feel much better about it with something like smart mining deployed and in widespread use.

Anyway, if you want to help the network, solo mine (even just one or two computers helps) or mine on small pools.

really didn't know that, thank you. i am part of the unknown then   Smiley
i'm solo mining all the time, i can not even feel it running in the background with t-3 on my OC'ed machine. it allready found several blocks with this 4 core machine..by far the most precious moneroj i got Cheesy

Thank you for solo mining and congrats on the blocks!
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Just so you know, our Dash ship is sailing just fine, no need to come "save" us with regurgitated bullcrap.

Really? Seems like you're having a crisis of confidence from this angle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/3dxt8n/in_reflection_was_changing_the_name_to_dash_a/
Whenever you make such a polarizing decision such as that, you're bound to have dissenters. Most agree that the name change was a sound long term decision. The general public casts a better view on "Digital Cash" than "DARKcoin", from my talks with people on the subject.

Hi Tao, welcome to Monero Mountain.  Glad you are having fun frolicking with us wild and free mustangs.

Will you please update your Tao Ratio stats using NoodleDoodle's optimizations?

As for your Dash ship, it does seem a little wrecked given Peter Todd's recent tweets and the fact your subreddit has less members than XMR's.

What would it take to convince you the rebrand has not been a success?  How long must we wait until you are willing to evaluate that executive decision critically rather than defensively?
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Just so you know, our Dash ship is sailing just fine, no need to come "save" us with regurgitated bullcrap.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/3dxt8n/in_reflection_was_changing_the_name_to_dash_a/

Not everyone wants to be saved. We will have to allow some to drown. Hopefully most members escape sinking ship.

"sailing just fine" = no top cryptographer consider DASH serious crypto project worth study

without solid crypto as a defense hacker, pirates eventually steal whatever they want before sinking ship
legendary
Merit: 1014
Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host
yeah we got the puppy in here! What are we on, like a 3 month rolling schedule?
I'm too busy for it to be anything less!

Anyway, I'm not going to become the spammer I came here to chastise...good luck to you folks!
legendary

Whenever you make such a polarizing decision such as that, you're bound to have dissenters. Most agree that the name change was a sound long term decision. The general public casts a better view on "Digital Cash" than "DARKcoin", from my talks with people on the subject.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
How picturesque would the Monero lifeboat look sailing around the Crypto-Bermuda triangle searching and saving the survivors and lost souls of shipwrecked projects and pirated ruins. Or like 8XMR said, perhaps performing as a stable and secure alternative will in turn create new community members based on merit alone.

Either way, I look forward to watching the community grow, and with all the recent active development it sure is an exciting time.

Thank you for clarifying in good English. I agree very much

Merit will attract new members. We can save some sinking passenger from other ships, but some so attached that they prefer drown over rescue.

Development will help us in make bigger ship. Will have room for more member of poor tech education. Currently some member not understand how to board. XMR ship will easier understand and ride soon.
Just so you know, our Dash ship is sailing just fine, no need to come "save" us with regurgitated bullcrap. I respect the other projects, and wish you well. History will decide which cryptos survive and which ones fail. Please refrain from spamming our thread with drivel. Thanks, this is all I will say here on this subject.

yeah we got the puppy in here! What are we on, like a 3 month rolling schedule?

i really don't have anything constructive. I can't wait to build the new head with the LMDB optimizations. And one of the cuda guys told me he might have time in a week to chat about / consider working on nvidia cryptonote mining.... not that I'm counting the days or anything. So much gets buried in this thread, its ridiculous. If anything interesting pops up, please cross post to forum.getmonero.org. I've been trying to do that recently. The new build instructions by arux will be helpful, put em in my useful links thread.

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

legendary
How picturesque would the Monero lifeboat look sailing around the Crypto-Bermuda triangle searching and saving the survivors and lost souls of shipwrecked projects and pirated ruins. Or like 8XMR said, perhaps performing as a stable and secure alternative will in turn create new community members based on merit alone.

Either way, I look forward to watching the community grow, and with all the recent active development it sure is an exciting time.

Merit will attract new members. We can save some sinking passenger from other ships, but some so attached that they prefer drown over rescue.

Development will help us in make bigger ship. Will have room for more member of poor tech education. Currently some member not understand how to board. XMR ship will easier understand and ride soon.
Just so you know, our Dash ship is sailing just fine, no need to come "save" us with regurgitated bullcrap. I respect the other projects, and wish you well. History will decide which cryptos survive and which ones fail. Please refrain from spamming our thread with drivel. Thanks, this is all I will say here on this subject.

Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
so many commits, great job guys!!
but dont rush, quality needs to stay high too Kiss Kiss
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
SURAE NOETHER is a pseudonymn and after the whole van Saberhagen debate I'd have thought the author of a Monero review would be a known entity. Is he?

Shadow sailing smooth. Disappointed with delay of peer review altho new HD wallets incoming. Nevertheless I decided to stretch my legs on land for a couple weeks.

What Saberhagen debate? Nobody has ever taken umbrage with Saberhagen being a pseudonym, as his paper was really quite good and quite a unique application of group signatures (among other things). He is more than welcome to remain as pseudonymous as Satoshi Nakamoto.

The issues that have been raised as respects "known entities" have been raised around Bytecoin's alleged release many years ago, which is demonstrably untrue. Because this has been corroborated by the Cryptonote "people", and there is the PDF signing issue, we can only conclude that they are in on the scam. Trying to find "known entities", that were aware of Bytecoin many years ago, would largely be a non-issue if the some of the Cryptonote "people" were known, or if Saberhagen was known, or if the Bytecoin developers were known. That way there would be some implicit trust because of their previous work.

It's also important to understand that being "known" has nothing to do with your real world identity, what is written on your passport. It has everything to do with your interactions with people, and work that you have made public, over a long period of time.

To answer your question, the identities of the MRL participants are elaborated on here: https://getmonero.org/knowledge-base/people
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
Author SURAE NOETHER

SDC ship make you happy? Have room for more passenger on XMR ship. We more stable, will not sink.

Scientific papers reviews are always blind. Nothing unusual here.
Author SURAE NOETHER

SDC ship make you happy? Have room for more passenger on XMR ship. We more stable, will not sink.

"on land" mean you sold SDC wait for lower price before get back on ship? Sink ship like falling knife. Dangerous when going down. HD wallet not save you if cryptography bad

Not sure about pseudonym. Peter Todd is real name. Maybe you ask him peer review SDC

Not that it's your business but I DID NOT sell my SDC. Anyway that's off-topic (cant believe im saying that)

So Peter Todd wrote it? No, that's not what you meant. Who the hell wrote this paper??
https://downloads.getmonero.org/whitepaper_review.pdf.

I never said Peter Todd wrote that paper. I said ask Peter Todd for help SDC peer review

You want more XMR paper here
https://lab.getmonero.org/
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This user is currently ignored.

thats all I ever see, you guys should try.
Author SURAE NOETHER

"on land" mean you sold SDC wait for lower price before get back on ship? Sink ship like falling knife. Dangerous when going down. HD wallet not save you if cryptography bad

Not sure about pseudonym. Peter Todd is real name. Maybe you ask him peer review SDC

Not that it's your business but I DID NOT sell my SDC. Anyway that's off-topic (cant believe im saying that)

So Peter Todd wrote it? No, that's not what you meant. Who the hell wrote this paper??
Author SURAE NOETHER

Author SURAE NOETHER

What happened to your Igor review with SDC... many months have passed with nothing issued (at least not that I saw).

more documentation required. put on back-burner for now. still pending.

Bah he's just moving back to the soft troll feigning ignorance of what has been pointed out to him for months in multiple threads. Don't even quote him.

he's already back on ignore, not going to waste more than a one-liner on him.

Ummm… OK, Ill keep this simple.

Who wrote this paper? (You will hopefully forgive my wry smile as I am now presented with yet another fake name/pseudonymn/nom de guerre, Surae Noether)

Author SURAE NOETHER

Jump to: